Relgion's advantages vs Atheistic lifestyles advantages

treee

As an atheist, I grow tired of Christians and everyone else who trys to persuade me to 'Believe'. Why do they do this? What makes religion SO FREAKING AWESOME? I think it's a load of bull shit designed to control society and manipulate the masses. *How ironic becuase Tought's of a dying Athiest is playing in the background*. Humans feel the need to have a Supreme Being answer all of the unexplainable causes for things. Why? I don't. Why should others? How come we can see that THERE IS NO GOD?

It's nicer to think that we can live a free life, unrestricted by the rehetoric of religion. I feel happier and wiser than others (or maybe arrogant).

Cheers

to be honest i don't know why religious people do these things to us. i mean they think we're the "bad" people because we don't believe in what they do and they go ahead mocking us and saying bad things about us. whose the bad person now? i know that i only mock a religious person when we're having a bit of fun (like with my friends) or when a religious person chews me out just becuase im athiest. i NEVER mock their beliefs, that makes them the bad people.

to star:

ask some of the religious people we have in this group we have a couple. they came into this group to look at our ways of thinking, why don't you start a conversation with one.

To StarlightNight:

I think a man named Penn Jillette answered this pretty well. He's a magician/comedian of sorts (you might be familiar with Penn and Teller), as well as an atheist. I could sum up what he said, but I'll copy and paste so you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9JE_ZVL88&feature=related

I thought the same thing as StarlightNight when I found that I was an Atheist . I was mad that people couldn't understand how much easier it is NOT to believe in a supernatural being, that people tell me I'm "missing out" or "unhappy". I am happy because I don't feel pressure from anything but my own morals to be a good person.

After discovering fellow teenagers tend not to give a shit about my beliefs, I just had to accept that my opinion matters to me alone. In the above video, Jillette said something that I hadn't realized. I wanted to tell everyone so badly about Atheism because I care enough about friends to want to make their lives simpler by letting them know you can be a good person without following a structured system of morality. And he's right that there are certain people who are really good while being religious, which can be seen often in history as well. Still, I can't help but think anyone who believes in creation and such is a bit loony :erm::chuckle:

• 4 months later...

I was glad to find this group, even though I'm not completely Atheist (it's complicated in my case), I hate the way religion in shoved down our throats these days. I was in Belfast with my friend one day and these religous people approached us and asked us what religion we were and when I said I was atheist, they just turned on me and tried to force to me to become Christian. They even had the cheek to tell my friend, who is Christian, that they should stay away from me! What's up with that!?! I mean, it's not like I hate people who are religious, it's none of my business nor should it be what people believe in or hold close to their hearts but I just wanna punch people who force religion on us, it's not fair. Haha, got a bit violent there towards the end :LOL:

I know you guys'll probably think, what a spaz, but that's just how I feel

• 2 months later...

no your not spaz gingerllamas because i have experienced the same. People are always questioning me saying stuff like what i thinks going to happen when i die. Personally i think we have one chance at life, and religious people spend all of theres following rules where as people like us enjoy it and make the most of it. And besides muse is my religion :D