What does being a Christian mean to you?

To me, Christ is my identity. I now understand that to be a Christian is to love God completely, love self correctly, and love others compassionately. That all may see the light of Christ in me, that He may be glorified. Notice the word love. That is what it is all about. Love should be our all-purpose garment, worn at all times... and the only true, sincere love is the one that Christ gave us as an example. There is no greater love than laying your life down for a brother. Maybe we wont literally die, but sacrificing our selfishness and our wants and desires for the benefit of others is a start of what God has called us to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it means everything to me and my life, it's shaped how i am, i could never even begin imagine leaving Christ

My athiest friends try to tell me that i'm an idiot, and prove me wrong, almost every day, and i just tell them they don't know what they're missing, because they really don't

God has worked in my life in infinate ways, ways i don't even know yet, for example, because of christ, i no longer cut myself, injure myself, have eating disorders, i see the world much, much differently, and just the simplest song lyrics we sung at camp

"if our god is for us, how can we fail?"

bring me to tears, the lyrics to "send us to the nations" makes me feel some sort of unknown emotion

[/rant] sorry, back to the main subject

god is my everything, everyone, and everywhere, whether people like it in me or not

First of all...

I'm so happy and excited to find this group... you know, I thought that I was the unique Christian Muser xDDD

Well, for me it's a life style. Not just about going every Sunday to the church, it's about to apply what Bible says in my life. It's quite hard but at least I like to know that I'm trying...

It's about to love, to follow Christ example in everything that I do...

And, as xxatlowxx says, I can't imagine myself without God in my life!!! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love God with all my heart! I have seen supernatural works of Christ many times thru out the last 20 years. I felt the movment of the Holy spirit at the Muse concert which surprised and confused me a bit.I belive this is why we are here, to pray for our fellow friends and peers.May God bless you all!