I quite like the line 'Loneliness be over, when will this loneliness be over'

It almost sounds like a command, very 'powerful' sounding.

Also EVERYONE knows this but Phobos and Deimos were the two Roman (?) gods for fear and panic. You know, 'fear and panic in the air'. But what's also interesting is Mars' moons are also called Phobos and Deimos.

OoOooOoOoOo!

I quite like the line 'Loneliness be over, when will this loneliness be over'

It almost sounds like a command, very 'powerful' sounding.

Also EVERYONE knows this but Phobos and Deimos were the two Roman (?) gods for fear and panic. You know, 'fear and panic in the air'. But what's also interesting is Mars' moons are also called Phobos and Deimos.

OoOooOoOoOo!

I think they were Greek, they seem like Greek names to me, I could be wrong.

The lyrics of the Chorus and Verse are about different things when i listen to it. The Chorus could simply be about a relationship, but the Verse about War: "Fear and Panic in the air" showing that something dangerous could happen at any time, and "And I feel, Like everything I sow, Is been swept away" Showing that the hard work that the people put into things (farming) is being helplessly blown away without a care.

"And no one, Thinks they are to blame, Why can't we see, When we bleed we bleed the same?" Showing that the blame game of war is pointless, when in the end both sides are no better off.

lol at the tags

anyway i love how 'fear and panic in the air' could be just another set of lyrics trrying to sound cool but the greek for them are on mars and if it's in the air and mars is in the air i mean space matt love space etc:happy:

There really is "fear and panic in the air" right now all over the world. MoTP is the current theme song to the coming apocalypse... :LOL::LOL:

The best is probably Assassin(Grand Omega Bosses edit)
Before I heard this version of "Assassin", it was just another track. Now whenever I listen to the album, I always have to switch out to the KoC Single to hear it. The final version just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Before I heard this version of "Assassin", it was just another track. Now whenever I listen to the album, I always have to switch out to the KoC Single to hear it. The final version just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Exactly. The GOB edit is so superior to the album cut it's not even funny...

• 2 years later...

I´m a bit confused. Somehow i ended up looking up the lyrics to MotP in my BHAR CdBooklet. I saw that the lyrics for the second instance of "since I met you" were actually displayed as "since I lost you". I looked the lyrics up at muse.mu and they were the same as in the booklet, but the tablature that i´ve seen had the "since I met you", that was sung until last year. Maybe the Question was answered before, but I couldn´t find it, maybe you can help me.:$

????????????

Always and eternally my favorite Muse song. <3

I really like the lines:

"Life will flash before my eyes,

So scattered and lost,

I want to touch the other side"

I don't know, for some reason it's just a powerful image of death for me. Like how much we fear it and want there to be something more to life, but in the end it's all pretty meaningless. :erm:

Also, MOTP makes me think of Doctor Who, space battles, and running for your life, which is all very exciting and gets me energized, one of the main reasons I love the song. :LOL:

Archived