Twilight-why so popular?(and bad)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so sick of all the twilight fags claiming that they love Muse just because Stephenie Meyer likes them!

She says they have inspired her but when does Muse once talk/sing about Werewolves and Vampires?!

I have read the books and the only possible similarity is that she utilizes the word "newborn"!

Dont get me wrong, the books aren't bad, the way their written isn't really to my taste, but the film...!

Its an abomination.

Kristen.

Can't.

Act.

Okay :]

Rant over

Because most teenage girls will listen/read/watch/do anything that involves a 'hot' guy. Please, if there are any teenage girls in here besides me, can we do everything that we can to bring back our dignity? We certainly lost it when Twilight came around. Ugh!

I'm on a Harry Potter board (no, i am not comparing HP and Twilight like so many others feel the need to do) and I was trying to get this one girl to listen to Muse or at least tell me why she hates it so much and when she finally answered me, her answer was this: "Because it is associated with Twilight." Damn you, Meyer!

• 3 weeks later...

Jeez, the movie was horrifying. Someone on youtube could've made something better than that pile of bullshizz. The acting was horrible, the hairy chests and everything. The book is so mediocre a three year old could've written it. All she can talk about is bella being a clutz and ogling the Eddy dude for being "godlike". Soooo cliche.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah, I agree with darkshines9. I used to like Twilight but everybody else ruined it because they wouldn't shut about how hot Edward was, if they would open their eyes they would see that he looks like somebody smeared him against a brick wall then flushed him down a toilet! I really enjoyed the books but the movies were horrible. Kristen and Robert can't act worth a crap! Taylor Lautner is attractive and put some pretty good emotion into the movie but Kristin ruined it with her squinty whiny face twitch thing she does. It's annoying and I'm tired of it. i went and saw the last one on premiere night and the other day my friend asked me if I wanted to go see Eclipse on premiere night and I said "No. Way. In. Hell!"

And please forgive me for saying this but SOME of the Twilighters who say they like Muse are serious. I (unfortunately) discovered Muse through it and now I love Muse and have gotten several of my friends also like Muse. So don't diss all of them.

Okay I'm done :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd suggest that Twilight was written with one aim in mind (probably by a group of ghost-writers, with one person fronting it) to make as much buddo as possible. A ragtag collection of unaccepted scripts sent in by other writers to Time Warner may well have been the basis for the novel.

It is in my mind the most inane and boring vampire story I've ever seen. I watched the film till half-way through and switched it off. Read the book? You having a laugh? I'm not sure that boredom can be terminal but if I ever wanted to find out the "Twilight Saga" would be my first port of call.

Anyway I'm still typing but only to make it clear why I hate Twilight so much. S'pose it's good to get peeps into reading but if I ever actually see somebody giving a kid Twilight to read I'll have to take action; probably involving a branding iron.

Books are fun, please don't bore children away from reading. Give 'em The Hobbit.