Same, i missed two mornings of college for that shit and as much as i know it cant be helped and no one should be blamed its just a crock of shit when gigs sell out that fast! Surely the ticket companies know that there is going to be ridiculously high demand and should accomodate for that somehow so im not met with Sever Busy every goddam time

that's because australia doesn't really exist. i mean, marsupials?! c'mon, those are totally made up!

Yeah *hangs head* I know.. I'm just hoping that all the smart British people will recognise Australia not as a place where spiders run free, but as a continent

I have a got a seated ticket at the Liverpool Echo gig, but really won't be able to stand going to a Muse gig and sitting down. So, if I can't get a swap I will be selling at a generous price...Because I <3 Muse fans ;)

Muse need to belt up! :rolleyes:

1) "Fan Pre-Sale" is just a "secret" link (that everyone gets hold of) the day before. :noey: It SHOULD be passworded to actual fans and not those who just sign up to the mailing list on the day. Because now look - theye all on ebay! Fail.

2) "Let's get bigger and bigger and then play less and less dates" yep. nice one. :facepalm:

3) I will bet money that there will be a "due to extra demand more dates added"...I mean, what are they doing on the 7th, 8th and 11th eh? Hmmm And if they DO do that, they should make it clear from day one! Many a time i've bought tickets for "the last date" and then they add another the day after, which is more disrespectful to fans than not adding extra dates.

Then theres seetickets...

They had about 8 bands all going on sale at 9am this morning. Their severs cant handle the amount of requests so it all goes pear shaped!

One band per day? Or new servers? Google can deal with millions of requests every day...seetickets cant!

AAND They charge more for standing than seats which is redicularse! Surely seats should be more due to "wear and tear of the actual seats"?!

Gah!

Got me 4 standing at Birmingham SOMEHOW (I still dunno HOW i did it!?!) at 10am - an hour after trying and failing on seetickets!

Gah!

Edited by ADAM

Stupidly expensive transaction and delivery fees. I mean, it now says that fees for seated tickets are only £2, whereas standing is £4.80. Why should standing be any different?!

as i understand the reason for that is they send standing recorded and seating royal mail on the basis that if seating doesnt arrive they can reprint the tickets but for standing they dont allow it

Muse need to belt up! :rolleyes:

1) "Fan Pre-Sale" is just a "secret" link (that everyone gets hold of) the day before. :noey: It SHOULD be passworded to actual fans and not those who just sign up to the mailing list on the day. Because now look - theye all on ebay! Fail.

2) "Let's get bigger and bigger and then play less and less dates" yep. nice one. :facepalm:

People will ALWAYS get screwed on presales, ALWAYS. And anyway, what IS actual fan? How do you tell? What do they look like?

Not having a go man, you're pissed and it's understandable but there absolutely fuck all you can do about. You could mitigate a bit by charging for mu membership but can you imagine the row, geez. I've been paid up U2 member for years, only to get a chance for tickets in their presales, and you should see how fucked off people get over there about tickets, fees etc.

Agreed with the rest of your points, though.

People will ALWAYS get screwed on presales, ALWAYS. And anyway, what IS actual fan? How do you tell? What do they look like?

Not having a go man, you're pissed and it's understandable but there absolutely fuck all you can do about. You could mitigate a bit by charging for mu membership but can you imagine the row, geez. I've been paid up U2 member for years, only to get a chance for tickets in their presales, and you should see how fucked off people get over there about tickets, fees etc.

Agreed with the rest of your points, though.

I see what youre saying - but you dont just put a link up a day before because as we've just witnessed..its not the fans that get them!

Don't NIN have passwords so that it IS just the fans who get them?

And I dunno...you have a look at how long theyve been signed up to mailing list and maybe their post count on here or something. I can see exactly what youre saying though. Yeah its unfair on the people who dont post on here...but at the moment its unfair on the people who DO! :\

EDIT:

Trent Reznor:

"We (NIN) require you to sign up at our site (for free) to get tickets. We limit the amount you can buy, we print your name on the tickets and we have our own person let you in a separate entrance where we check your ID to match the ticket. We charge you a surcharge that has been less than TicketMaster's or Live Nation's in all cases so far to pay for the costs of doing this - it's not a profit center for us. We have essentially stopped scalping by doing these things - because we want true fans to be able to get great seats and not get ripped off by these parasites."

Muse just put an open link up on the internet the day before allowing anyone to get hold of them!

EDIT 2:

In 2006 Muse played 14 dates in the UK as part of their European tour.

Since then theyve gotten bigger and better and more well-known.

Demand to see them has grown.

So they play just 6 dates to accommodate this! :rolleyes:

Edited by ADAM

Unfortunately Muse probably don't have a lot of say, as they're still under management/tied into Warner, etc. They're probably tied in to contracts and all sorts of bollocks. Therefore, all bands need to do a Radiohead as soon as they can and get out of this shit market.

I see what youre saying - but you dont just put a link up a day before because as we've just witnessed..its not the fans that get them!

Don't NIN have passwords so that it IS just the fans who get them?

And I dunno...you have a look at how long theyve been signed up to mailing list and maybe their post count on here or something. I can see exactly what youre saying though. Yeah its unfair on the people who dont post on here...but at the moment its unfair on the people who DO! :\

I remember the shit the happened on u2's vertigo tour - tons of ppl who had been paid up members of the old U2 Propaganda Club got right-royally screwwwwwwed over on presale tix - codes not working, TM crashing, credit cards refused for no reason - the boards were going mental with so much traffic that Larry Mullan jr. actually sent out a personal email to all members apologising for to mess and promising to make sure that it didn;t happen again.

This time around, for the 360 tour, it went far better. They split the membership into three groups - full u2.com members with unbroken, paid up membership got access to the presale first, then the two other groups, all based on how people had been members for.

Here's the interesting thing though, as far as I can remember, the mods at u2.com asked the memebers to watch out for ticket listings on ebay and to post the links on one of the boards. They then had ticketmaster cancel the tickets and/or have ebay drop the listing. Someone can correct me but I think thats how it worked and it I believe it worked pretty well, not perfect, but better than doing fuck all about those fucking scum touts.

I remember the shit the happened on u2's vertigo tour - tons of ppl who had been paid up members of the old U2 Propaganda Club got right-royally screwwwwwwed over on presale tix - codes not working, TM crashing, credit cards refused for no reason - the boards were going mental with so much traffic that Larry Mullan jr. actually sent out a personal email to all members apologising for to mess and promising to make sure that it didn;t happen again.

This time around, for the 360 tour, it went far better. They split the membership into three groups - full u2.com members with unbroken, paid up membership got access to the presale first, then the two other groups, all based on how people had been members for.

Here's the interesting thing though, as far as I can remember, the mods at u2.com asked the memebers to watch out for ticket listings on ebay and to post the links on one of the boards. They then had ticketmaster cancel the tickets and/or have ebay drop the listing. Someone can correct me but I think thats how it worked and it I believe it worked pretty well, not perfect, but better than doing fuck all about those fucking scum touts.

That's exactly what's needed, how can we get them to do that for us?

Trent Reznor:

"We (NIN) require you to sign up at our site (for free) to get tickets. We limit the amount you can buy, we print your name on the tickets and we have our own person let you in a separate entrance where we check your ID to match the ticket. We charge you a surcharge that has been less than TicketMaster's or Live Nation's in all cases so far to pay for the costs of doing this - it's not a profit center for us. We have essentially stopped scalping by doing these things - because we want true fans to be able to get great seats and not get ripped off by these parasites."

Yup, that would be cracker idea. Maybe someone with a bit of clout keeps an eye on threads like this for ideas like that. Anything, ANYTHING that helps to get tix into the hands of the fans is alright with me.

The whole UK tour for this album is very strange. Only a few dates, missing out venues that they normally wouldn't. The only explanation I can think of is they're doing a stadium tour next year, they must be.

Placebo did that on the Meds tour. Small uk club tour, wait to see how the new album does then a full uk areana tour. I'm kinda thing that Muse are doing the same thing too.