Are these guys for real?

http://ukticketfactory.com/

Seem dodgy, their only google reference is their own site...

um we brought tickets their and my mums just off the phone with visa,apperently they are a registored company in hungary,so they are a real company and we will get our money back if they use our details

eBay's rules on tickets with contractual limits...

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/contracts.html

i.e., "nothing to do with us" basically.

Though how enforceable these contracts are anyway is questionable. I suspect consumer rights allow you to sell your purchase regardless of what the contract says, and regardless, although we're up in arms about people who take the piss, most of us here would probably sell their ticket at face value if they can't make it or it's a spare yet that would breach the same contract.

Well. I got home from work yesterday at 9.40am. All presale were gone.

Today, I got back and was on See at 9.02. I refreshed constantly until 9.36. I've been ringing them too.

Ticketmaster at 9.08. I rang them too.

Aloud

Ticketline

Gigsandtours. I rang them too.

This is the first tour in six years that I haven't got tickets to. And theres some *I'd use expletives here, but there is no combination of words strong enough* person on ebay who is selling forty tickets in twenty pairs on ebay. I'm going to break something. Or someone. It's kind of a combination of rage and despair I'm feeling.

Now my only hope is that another Brum date will be added on the 11th, and that I'll have to drive 150 miles. So angry...

i think a good way to stop this scalping is to have the tickets printed off with the names of the purchaser actually on the stubs.. upon entry to said venue - if no photo id is presented with the matching purchasers' name, then they get turned away.. :mad:

either that or the muse store sells tickets to fans directly! :) (spose this is the pre-sale bit)

im all for a free market but this kind of re-selling really only leaves the real fans pissed off

Yes, it's up to the fans and bands to do this, I think. None of these labels, promoters or ticket agents have any interest in fairness, so they won't waste time and energy on implementing new ID systems. So long as they get £££ for selling batches of tickets to scalper sites, they're okay with it.

I want to know why more measures are in place to stop touting/scalping for sporting events, but the live music ticketing business is a giant corrupt mess?

And I keep seeing the word 'free market'. My arse, it's the same few bastard companies that rake in the cash by doing this. A real free market would be bands and fans working together to stop this bollocks and make their own money in a more honest way. I would pay £80 a ticket if it was going to Muse to cover their own costs directly, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too.

Just 'cause I'm posting it everywhere:

If you didn't get tickets this morning, please don't rush into any drastic action (i.e. paying £3,000 from a cockspanner touting company) today. You will probably find tickets popping up on the agents' websites today as people's orders are cancelled etc.

If not, I hope I can persuade you to try MuseBay constantly, especially nearer the time. People will realise they can't go/get better tickets at the last minute, and will be looking to sell theirs on.

Edited by Gemsy
missed a word out

Yeah it's still aaages until the gigs, plenty of time for some people to maybe end up not being able to go. Trust people on this site, not Ebay. You're paying twice for each ticket otherwise and it's not helping to stop the touts.

I looked on Ebay earlier actually and unfortunately there are so many peope bidding on massively overpriced tickets... :(

Its really hard to resist ebay when you want to see a gig, but there are alternatives, and theres plenty of time to get sorted. There's bound to be more tickets released over the next few hours/days/weeks :)

edit: and ebay prices always come right down after the initial panic dies away too, so if Musebay doesn't come through for you in the end you will always be able to find a ticket for a decent price nearer the time as a last resort

Don't know if any of you have already read this, but Trent Reznor explains the ticket scalping situation pretty well here:

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,548515

Edited by curious_orange

Yes, it's up to the fans and bands to do this, I think. None of these labels, promoters or ticket agents have any interest in fairness, so they won't waste time and energy on implementing new ID systems. So long as they get £££ for selling batches of tickets to scalper sites, they're okay with it.

I want to know why more measures are in place to stop touting/scalping for sporting events, but the live music ticketing business is a giant corrupt mess?

Sporting Fans get violent, I think we need a few riots:LOL:

seriously though Measures do need to be put in place.

And I keep seeing the word 'free market'. My arse, it's the same few bastard companies that rake in the cash by doing this.

A real free market would be bands and fans working together to stop this bollocks and make their own money in a more honest way. I would pay £80 a ticket if it was going to Muse to cover their own costs directly, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too.

you obviously heard of the ticketmaster/live nation merger. tbh they'd prefer if we outbidded one another to get tickets.:rolleyes:

and +1 on paying more if the band were covering costs directly

Sporting Fans get violent, I think we need a few riots:LOL:

seriously though Measures do need to be put in place.

you obviously heard of the ticketmaster/live nation merger. tbh they'd prefer if we outbidded one another to get tickets.:rolleyes:

and +1 on paying more if the band were covering costs directly

Aargh yeah, it's all so infuriating. I'm surprised you don't hear of more violence, I bet there are a few touts that have been smacked outside venues.

Y'know, I could grumble - didn't get all the tickets I wanted, server and communication problems, crazy fees, etc., etc. - but there are lots of us scrabbling for tickets and a one-to-one fan:venue-staff ratio is never gonna happen :LOL:

We've got another few months for swapsies and sales as circumstances change and people pull out or alter their plans, and more tickets will trickle out on sale.

The process was poo, but I'm fairly happy with my final outcome, and in a thousand years none of this will matter any more.

After all... it's only Muse :)

I'm gonna grumble that YOU FUCKING WANKERS AT MUSE HAVE NOT FUCKING SAID ANYTHING ABOUT AUSTRALIA!! :mad:

Right, all better now :happy:

that's because australia doesn't really exist. i mean, marsupials?! c'mon, those are totally made up!