When I bought tickets for thom yorke my credit card was my ticket and I could only buy two. This way the only way to sell tickets was to meet the buyer there and go in with them. Funny enough I think this became a popular format because of Miley Cyrus and how bad scalping was with her concerts. But it's a really good sytem. They even print you tickets as you walk in so you don't miss out on the momentos.

The problem with paperless ticketing is that if you can't go, for whatever reason, you eat the cost of the tickets. There needs to be a refund policy if paperless tickets are used, otherwise I'd ahve to say its a bit of a shit system.

A friend called me yesterday saying that Muse is on sale now for Montreal, but when I came, the good tickets were all gone... and are being resold. Also, I am not even sure how real are tickets bought through stubhub, where they "do not bear responsibility"... so who does?

I have been a fan for 5 years, although did not get involved in the forum before now. It is very sad for me to see I can not get a good ticket at a decent price. It is almost like tickets are sold somewhere else before they even start selling it to general public.

I went to see them in Germany this November & am kinda broke after that :) I didn't know they will be coming here back then. I want to go to the Bell Centre show in March, but how do I get good tickets? Is there any hope?...

I've already seen this petition but personally I think there should be a new one. This one mainly talk about ticketmaster and resale for madison square garden's show next march. And 'united states' is mentionned in this petition. I think ticket resaling is not only in US and with ticketmaster or ebay. So I'm not sure who started this petition, but I suggest we make a new petition about Ticket Distribution Methods of Future MUSE Concerts around the world . If there would be a petition like that I would sign :p

Not that I don't care about the situation in US, but I think that a petition concerning every muse fan would get much more signatures than this one...

The problem with paperless ticketing is that if you can't go, for whatever reason, you eat the cost of the tickets. There needs to be a refund policy if paperless tickets are used, otherwise I'd ahve to say its a bit of a shit system.

Yeah I agree with that, a refund policy would be very important...

Hi! I recently bought tickets for the Muse stadium tour in Manchester next September from gigsandtours.com (which is recommended on the Muse website!) but haven't yet received any tickets. They have emailed me to say I won't get them until 14 days prior to the event.

I know Muse wouldn't try to scam us and I have bought from this website before (and everything was fine - I got my tickets quickly) but this does worry me slightly! I am sure it will be fine but I just wondered if anyone else has come across this?

Thanks! :)

:phu:

Let's just say that in all the countries I've bought tickets, I've never experienced as many cock ups as in the UK. It amazes me, actually.

It's what we do best, cock up stuff that should be easy. Like buses

Tis true...all I need to do is change the delivery address for my tickets, so I followed the instructions on the Seetickets website, sending a blank email to a particular address with my order number and last 4 digits of my payment card in the title. And guess what? Absolutely nothing has happened. I'm meant to get a maintenance form emailed back to me, but so far, nothing. And I've emailed about 8 times. Suppose I need to ring them, but what's the bloody point in telling people what to do if they need to change an address if they then bloody ignore you? :mad:

what do you think about musebay? i mean it is mostly muse fans and my friend swapped some tickets and they were fine but is it worth taking the risk?

IMO it is much safer to use Musebay than ebay... not sure what you are worried about?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a problem. I want to buy one standing ticket for Wembley in 10/09/10 or 11/09/10 but I don't find anyone in musebay.

So please, if there is any interested, send me a DM as soon as possible.

I was running out of tickets because I hoped they'd come to Spain this summer again, but actually they aren't saying anything for my country gigs, and I'd thank for life finding a person who sell me a standing ticket for Wembley-dream.

I don't know where post it but I hope it be in the right place. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got there tickets from TicketMaster yet? I'm buying a pair of Muse tickets for the Atlanta show from someone on MuseBay - and would like it if someone could send me a pic of theirs to compare it to the picture the seller sent me :) Just to make sure :D

thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I've been working on a website to deal with this touting issue, and the first kinda beta of it is up and running, and desperately gagging for some tickets listed.

Please if you have the need to swap tickets, please get on there and give it a go.

Also, drop me any suggestions on the site that could make it work more for you guys :)

http://www.ticketmingle.co.uk

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Ok I need advice. I live in Cincinnati, OH and I am supposed to drive to Columbus, OH (about an hour and a half drive) tomorrow to purchase 3 tickets to the Muse show in Chicago on 3/12, Friday. This guy said that he bought the ticket on the Muse.Mu presale. How do I know that these tickets will be real?

What ticket vendor were they made through?

What do they look like?

What are some things I can look for to make sure they are genuine?

He is selling them to me for $75 a piece which seems like almost face value.

Any tips or advice? I just don't want to drive all the way to Chicago to find out I have fake tickets and can't get into the show!

I'm interested in buying 3 Wembley tickets standing for the 11th of September... There's nothing on musebay for now, so if anyone has a possibility to sell 3 such tickets, I'll be very gratefull. I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I can't find anything else, so I thought I'd give it a chance... If anyone's interested, please contact me privately. There are tickets on ebay, but they're 89 pounds each, so I just don't trust this offer...

I have recently seen tickets for the Paris MUSE concerts on https://museliveconcerts.com. Has anyone aver heard of this service before. I really would like tickets to this concert on June 12th and they are the right price but I am skeptical as it has been really hard to get tickets and I have not seen much available on ebay.

Thanks

Misty

Edited by vendrelameche

Not sure where to post but how about this answer to ticket touts?

Print photo on the ticket, and check it at the venue against the registered photo.

OK printing in b+w on a fast printer it won't be a beautiful photo, but good eno' to check against the full colour photo on a secure web site (only venue can log into), then check person for entry vs the colour photo.

U can still change person by applying for a replacement ticket, but obv at least 10 days in advance.

Ticket sellers can xref people with most changed names/photos and ban those that look like they are abusing the system (touting for resale).

Everyone has a photo - say i buy for myself & 4 others, i can get their photos from Facebook (mostly) or insist they email photos b4 i buy the tickets, to upload.

A bit slower for non-registered people but fast for registered people, n LiveNation insists u register.

Will it work?

Not sure where to post but how about this answer to ticket touts?

Print photo on the ticket, and check it at the venue against the registered photo.

OK printing in b+w on a fast printer it won't be a beautiful photo, but good eno' to check against the full colour photo on a secure web site (only venue can log into), then check person for entry vs the colour photo.

U can still change person by applying for a replacement ticket, but obv at least 10 days in advance.

Ticket sellers can xref people with most changed names/photos and ban those that look like they are abusing the system (touting for resale).

Everyone has a photo - say i buy for myself & 4 others, i can get their photos from Facebook (mostly) or insist they email photos b4 i buy the tickets, to upload.

A bit slower for non-registered people but fast for registered people, n LiveNation insists u register.

Will it work?

Yeah touts and scalpers have been an ongoing issue... There is actually a discussion below that might interest you in regards to recent comments made by Livenation and Chris about tickets sale.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=72656