The only problem with paperless tickets is that if you need/want to resell your ticket becaus eyou can't go (and when I say resell I mean face value) you can't, can you?

Aye, a lot of sites won't let you cancel your ticket - so you'd be stuck with it. Also, it'd take a hell of a lot longer to get everybody inside, plus what would you do if you used someone elses card to book your ticket with?

I agree that something should be done about the touting problem but I genuinely do think that paperless tickets are a shit idea.

Aye, a lot of sites won't let you cancel your ticket - so you'd be stuck with it. Also, it'd take a hell of a lot longer to get everybody inside, plus what would you do if you used someone elses card to book your ticket with?

I agree that something should be done about the touting problem but I genuinely do think that paperless tickets are a shit idea.

actually it's quicker and more organized to get people in.

All you need in your hand is your CC and ID. They scan it and let you in. That's all. If you have a seat ticket the will print out a little slip that prints from the CC scanner and the slip has all the seat info. Well I guess it's no longer then when they have to see your ticket and tear or scan your ticket. The part that does take long is the purse search and the waving of that weak wand to detect weapons..lol

P.S. If you used someone else's CC? If you have the same last name and same address it's no problem.

Edited by paper tiger

actually it's quicker and more organized to get people in.

All you need in your hand is your CC and ID. They scan it and let you in. That's all. If you have a seat ticket the will print out a little slip that prints from the CC scanner and the slip has all the seat info. Well I guess it's no longer then when they have to see your ticket and tear or scan your ticket. The part that does take long is the purse search and the waving of that weak wand to detect weapons..lol

I still see it ending up as a big mess :erm: And tbh, even if it was quicker and more organised, it still wouldn't work. Most ticketsites do not accept my card because it's a visa debit; I have to use my parents card to book 90% of gig tickets. I bought all of my Muse tickets using my parents card, and a huge amount of people on here have to do the same. So what are they supposed to do, bring parents along with them to collect their tickets? It's a good idea in terms of beating touting, but when you look at it otherwise, it just wouldn't work.

I still see it ending up as a big mess :erm: And tbh, even if it was quicker and more organised, it still wouldn't work. Most ticketsites do not accept my card because it's a visa debit; I have to use my parents card to book 90% of gig tickets. I bought all of my Muse tickets using my parents card, and a huge amount of people on here have to do the same. So what are they supposed to do, bring parents along with them to collect their tickets? It's a good idea in terms of beating touting, but when you look at it otherwise, it just wouldn't work.

I edited my last post, I guess you didn't see it in time

But yeah..same last name and same address it's fine.

The Miley Cyrus concert did paperless tickets and everything went fine. The only problem was people who were not prepared and that was their fault for not bringing their CC.

P.S. If you used someone else's CC? If you have the same last name and same address it's no problem.

I edited my last post, I guess you didn't see it in time

But yeah..same last name and same address it's fine.

The Miley Cyrus concert did paperless tickets and everything went fine. The only problem was people who were not prepared and that was their fault for not bringing their CC.

Literally just noticed :facepalm: They don't allow that over here as far as I know - I tried to use my parents card to book a last minute ticket for Download this year, and got told my parents had to be there as it was their card. Other friends were told the same thing when they tried to book box-office collection tickets. I think they're just a hell of a lot stricter over here with that kind of thing.

And yeah, I just hate the idea in general :LOL: I like having my ticket in my hand whilst I'm queueing, without having to worry about having to take both my card and my ID into the gig!

Literally just noticed :facepalm: They don't allow that over here as far as I know - I tried to use my parents card to book a last minute ticket for Download this year, and got told my parents had to be there as it was their card. Other friends were told the same thing when they tried to book box-office collection tickets. I think they're just a hell of a lot stricter over here with that kind of thing.

And yeah, I just hate the idea in general :LOL: I like having my ticket in my hand whilst I'm queueing, without having to worry about having to take both my card and my ID into the gig!

I see your point. Yeah I guess some people are more strict w/ it. I like having a ticket as well b/c it's a nice souvenir :awesome:

I also do like the idea that paperless tickets stops scalpers from playing their dirty game completely.

Ah I'm sure in a few years they'll figure out how to make it more convenient and safer for fans.

Heh. Well, I made a petition. Hopefully its not all for Naught.

http://www.petitiononline.com/musetix/petition.html

I stated that it was in regard for US ticket sales, as I feel US muse fans can't speak for how business is done abroad as we have no idea what the laws and consumer base are like, but certainly the issue affects more people than those in the US.

Heh. Well, I made a petition. Hopefully its not all for Naught.

I stated that it was in regard for US ticket sales, as I feel US muse fans can't speak for how business is done abroad as we have no idea what the laws and consumer base are like, but certainly the issue affects more people than those in the US.

Also, one thing you forget to mention is that Ticketmaster held back all the good tickets such as most ga floors and lowers near stage so they can use themselves and resell on TicketExchange.So I think pointing the finger totally at brokers is a bit uncalled for.

Also, one thing you forget to mention is that Ticketmaster held back all the good tickets such as most ga floors and lowers near stage so they can use themselves and resell on TicketExchange.So I think pointing the finger totally at brokers is a bit uncalled for.

Um, Ticketmaster at this point IS a scalper/broker. Ticketmaster has two faces. The one we see when we log into ticketmaster.com and the one we see when we're redirected to ticketsnow.com. What I wrote was apt and appropriate for the situation. I stand by it.

[Link removed] is reselling tickets for more than 3 times the price even before the office sale begins.

Official sale was supossed to start this morning (saturday, 19th december 2009, at 12h00pm) they where already selling tickets at 10am this morning at 202$ for one floor ticket. Official price was supossed to be 59.50 each + 12.50$ serrvice fee. This was on [Link removed]]. how did they get thoses tickets even before the sale started? not fair for real fans! :mad:

See for yourself i printed the page as a pdf file (as a proof. that way they cannot change it!). Here is the link.

[Link removed]

here is the orriginal link of the original website . Dont buy from them.

[Link removed]

Edited by Niall
removing links to unofficial resellers

I've seen the same thing on the same website. I've been trying to buy tickets at the presale last wednesday for montreal but it was sold out when I came back from school (couldn't be there at 1pm :( )

This morning (saturday 19th), I've been waiting online, an hour in advance. While waiting, I saw the tickets on tickets.pro and I was pissed off. When the official sale finally started, all the floor tickets were already sold out. I'm still glad I succeeded having tickets but they're far from the stage.

My question is: How could this website have floor tickets even before the official sale started? The tickets were available on their website early this morning! With the presale maybe? I thought the pre-sale was for fans! Not for unofficial resalers :mad: For a sec I really thought it was TicketPro, but after looking at the adress, I noticed it was not the same thing...

All artists (including Muse of course) should find a way to get rid of scalpers because it's really unfair for real fans who've been waiting on the phone, online or outside for hours!

Is there any other people who had a similar problem?

Floor tickets were really easy to find at the presale on wednesday ( for montreal tickets ). You had plenty of time to decide if you wanted them. I tried to get side tickets and it was a lost case. So i guess those website bought a lot of floor tickets and are selling them for more than 200 %.

I've seen the same thing on the same website. I've been trying to buy tickets at the presale last wednesday for montreal but it was sold out when I came back from school (couldn't be there at 1pm :( )

This morning (saturday 19th), I've been waiting online, an hour in advance. While waiting, I saw the tickets on tickets.pro and I was pissed off. When the official sale finally started, all the floor tickets were already sold out. I'm still glad I succeeded having tickets but they're far from the stage.

My question is: How could this website have floor tickets even before the official sale started? The tickets were available on their website early this morning! With the presale maybe? I thought the pre-sale was for fans! Not for unofficial resalers :mad: For a sec I really thought it was TicketPro, but after looking at the adress, I noticed it was not the same thing...

All artists (including Muse of course) should find a way to get rid of scalpers because it's really unfair for real fans who've been waiting on the phone, online or outside for hours!

Is there any other people who had a similar problem?

They might not be sold out... well... now they might be. For Seattle at first there were none but about 10 minutes in they apparently added more. There's always a chance you can find someone to swap with.

Yeah I've already heard about that but that doesn't always happen. My seats are not THAT bad but I just wished I could've done body surfing, which wont be the case where I am right now.

I actually didn't have the time to check... Was there a limit of tickets per customer when you purchase tickets on presale?

Tix offered at ridiculously inflated prices on other sites happens with every gig, every band. It's called legal scalping. They post tix within seconds of the start of the first presale.

Read the sticky thread above; some sites sell fake tickets, you can get burned. Be especially wary of buying TicketFast (printed at home) tix via eBay or CraigsList. They can make multiple copies and sell them off to unsuspecting fans, who then can't get into the gig as the bar code has already been scanned....

I know it's very common. I just think it's unfair. There should be a better control of that phenomenon. The fact that it's very common and that it happens with every band doesn't justify that we allow that.

Oh well, I'm just glad I got my ticket on the official website (for this gig, the bell center website). I won't have to deal with suspicious resalers!

I know it's very common. I just think it's unfair. There should be a better control of that phenomenon. The fact that it's very common and that it happens with every band doesn't justify that we allow that.

Oh well, I'm just glad I got my ticket on the official website (for this gig, the bell center website). I won't have to deal with suspicious resalers!

Agreed, it sucks, but it is too widespread (music, sports, etc) to do much about it. I think Muse should have a presale ONLY for forum members who have been registered for a set period of time and no recent registrees get in. But who knows how many of those registered are scalpers in disguise? Would be cool if their isp's could be traced to those online sites so they could be identified and banned!

I agree! Another solution would be to allow each member to buy max 1 or 2 tickets per person, if it's not already the case. It would be much harder for one scalper to get many tickets with the presale. There should be better control: they should check the id of every damn people buying tickets and if it's not the same person who show up at the gig, they don't allow them to come in! If someone wants to cancel and resale, they just have to bring it back at the official store.

But well, I'm just getting paranoid :p The problem's quite big and I just wish they could find a reasonable solution

When I bought tickets for thom yorke my credit card was my ticket and I could only buy two. This way the only way to sell tickets was to meet the buyer there and go in with them. Funny enough I think this became a popular format because of Miley Cyrus and how bad scalping was with her concerts. But it's a really good sytem. They even print you tickets as you walk in so you don't miss out on the momentos.

Well then sign here...

Agreed, it sucks, but it is too widespread (music, sports, etc) to do much about it. I think Muse should have a presale ONLY for forum members who have been registered for a set period of time and no recent registrees get in. But who knows how many of those registered are scalpers in disguise? Would be cool if their isp's could be traced to those online sites so they could be identified and banned!

Well, there's actually quite a bit that can be done about it, but it would require a re visioning of the industry as a whole.