A huge circulation of Fake tickets occurred at Muse's gig at the RAH in 2008:

Many were left (including me) with fake/counterfeit tickets back then as well as Oasis's UK Arena Tour later that year which also saw a high volume of fakes. I have given a safe guide due to the recent tour news about how to be safe in relation to tickets & how we can beat them & stay safe! So please bare the following all in mind in terms of buying tickets.

This goes for any gig you are going to & don't be fooled by people on Ebay who have great feedback neither, trust me this can easily be incorrect as someone set up an account, fake address etc but sold many small things privately to get the good feedback. 1 individual in 2007 stole over £3,000 off people who were buying tickets for concerts/festivals that were scheduled though the truth of the matter was that he never had the tickets to begin with.

Fakes circulate much more around Standing area tickets than seats, but I'm not saying seats can not be done, the best seats can also be duplicated. From experience where fakes come stuck is the hologram a genuine one to their one is different, it maybe ok in terms of shape but in terms of logo it fails. Always find/look for what an original hologram looks like from the ticket promoter. If you've been to the venue of where the gig is held or have a used stub you will see clearly the hologram is unique.

Be aware that when people print E Tickets to ensure to do checks on the person you are buying from because it stops no one from reprinting. Don't be fooled by people on Ebay with great feedback, scammers do this to trick make you believe them that they are trustworthy etc

Be aware of Self Printed Tickets As People Could Scam You By Printing More Than 1, Once The Barcode Has Been Scanned For That Ticket The Ticket Is Marked As Used

Be Safe People

The Guide

Always follow this procedure when/if buying from:

Gumtree

3rd Party/Touts

Buying From The Forums

Scarlet Mist (They Have A List Of Fraudsters On Their Site)

Another ticket outlet not known to you (Official or Unofficial)

Be aware when you see a site selling cheap tickets, just above face value.

Sites you should be aware of that are pure scam artists:

http://www.safeconcerts.com/forum/th...124&t_urn=9895

http://www.ukticketfactory.com

https://www.museboxoffice.com/index.html

Stub Hub do Protect The Buyer But Read The Terms And Conditions

First:

Ask for the email address, ticket confirmation no. & postal address, then where they purchased the tickets

After acquiring that

Then:

If still in doubt call the ticket outlet with those details, if it all checks out then they are 100% good if not then don't even consider buying them.

If you are you still not 100% ask for a pic of the tickets & match the ticket order no. to it, it’s always/usually printed on the ticket with a date as well.

I have obtained tickets for the Muse gigs in Ocotber & I can verify that the tickets are standard that the O2 distributes, they won't be anything fancy.

Now scammers & touts will always claim to have tickets which they don't & these are their tactics. I have scanned a genuine ticket from a previous gig at the O2 & have shown you how you know it’s real!

This is how, The hologram is circular & has all of the following genuine authentic, valid & secure written on it, of course you have to move it a bit to see, but it is there.

Ticket.jpg

Right Still With Me? :)

This is a Fake Oasis ticket from Wembley Arena, it looks the real deal in terms of the print/paper & all that is written but the hologram is just a pure cheap silver circle, touts & scammers will always foul up here. They can't duplicate the real hologram, it will look very cheap & tatty but appear normal as it may not be noticeable.

Oasis.jpg

Refer to the Royal Albert Hall thread in how they did the hologram for that gig & swindled money from me & many others!

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=53365

I kid you not people but there will be many fakes outs there in time, the majority will be when tickets are posted out etc!

Hope this helps, I do this for all our sakes!

Love Gianni

Edited by 005

• 7 months later...

We are all hardened Muse fans and are eagerly awaiting the pre sale ticket announcements. Anyone know if plans are in place to stop the plebs of this world buying OUR! pre-sale tickets to put on the bay? Seen it now with loads of gigs the pre sales are on the bay within an hour of release.

Should we have a condition of 6 months membership of fan club or more to qualify for pre-sales?

TICKETS FOR GENUINE FANS ONLY!!!:mad:

Deffo agree on a No Buy policy.

I wanted tickets for Depeche Mode and U2 and missed out. I will miss them both as a matter of principal rather than buy from em.

My only worry is that we and other hardened fans miss out cos of em.

Shame other people won't take the same stance.

Touts will sign up to mailing lists for the 'fan' presales, so the system doesn't work.

If people didn't buy from them, they wouldn't bother, touts ren't the problem, the people who buy from them are.

:yesey:

I'm aware that this will make me sound like a hypocrite, but I will freely admit to having bought from ebay before. The thing is that you CAN find face value or less on there - you just have to look.

If people didn't buy from them, they wouldn't bother, touts ren't the problem, the people who buy from them are.

I think that's only partially true. If tickets had a name on it and all venues required ID then that would alleviate the problem. Of course promotors would need to implement a method of sending tickets back / re-allocating / putting them back on sale. Honestly this is the 21st century; why are venues/promotors so bloody backwards.

Also did anyone see the fan interview Trent Reznor did with nin.com/echoingthesound. He revealed details about tout sites (a la seatwave.com or the US equivalent); where a certain proportion of the good seats are reserved or sold off to those agencies, with the promotor/band/record company profiiting. Hoping Muse don't partake in said activities.

:yesey:

I'm aware that this will make me sound like a hypocrite, but I will freely admit to having bought from ebay before. The thing is that you CAN find face value or less on there - you just have to look.

Nothing wrong with buying from eBay if you know what you're looking for. Touts are obvious because of the inflated prices. Genuine sellers should put a fixed price on them.

Touts will sign up to mailing lists for the 'fan' presales, so the system doesn't work.

This is why the main ticket sellers have started playing the tout game themselves, with their own premium ticket sales sites (known as scalp sites). They gave up on beating the touts, so they're trying to play them at their own game in order to increase their own profits. To the ticket agents, the touts are taking money that they believe should be rightfully theirs.

Another thing, if you miss out on tickets, please don't go buying from touts/people wishing to exploit you in this way, once people stop buying from these people, they won't have a business and actually make it easier for you to get tickets in the future.

However much you love Muse and however badly you want to see them live, it's not worth the risk of paying more than face value for fake tickets, they'll always play again :)

As I have previously mentioned in the tour thread... However.. Quite a few people will not see it there..

For those of you who have received the Pre-sale link or for those who are awaiting (keep waiting it will come) :) please consider a few things when sharing the Link..

Who?

Who are you sharing the link with? Are they are a genuine member of the board? do you know them personally? or speak with them quite a it on here?

If all the answers to the above are no.. then its more likely a tout trying to get their hands on the link.. Look at the join date.. only been here a few days?

If you decided to pass on the link That is YOU'RE choice.. But keep in mind who you may be passing the link onto.. Think about it before passing...

It is so easy for a tout to sign up to the forum.. make a quick friend.. get them to pass on the pre-sale link... and even pass the link onto further Touts..

so THINK ABOUT IT..

Also.. as I HAVE seen in the past here.. DO NOT POST THE LINK IN ANY THREAD.

For those who have not got an email yet.. Just hold on it will come.. remember there must be thousands of people on the mailing list.. it may take a while to get them all out.. if you miss the pre-sale tomorrow.. there is a general sale on Friday.. If you miss out then, Normally there is a further sale a few weeks on.. so dont panic yourself.. and Don't keep clicking refresh.. It will only crash servers and make it harder for everyone else to get tickets.

Happy Ticket Buying and Enjoy the gigs!

Edited by kazzie