over 40 Muse fans

Hi minnie - i became a fan a couple of years ago. One of my kids' godparents was working for Warners Uk and brought out a Muse album to Aust for us to listen to. I thought it was such noisy rubbish young bloke shite. A little while later my guitar teacher asked me to study a few songs, one of which was Soldier's Poem. I bought BHAR, fell in love, bought the whole back catalogue and have never looked back! Own everything they've ever done (well, just about ...not those freaky Japanese import singles, for instance) and sheet music, songbooks, etc. I'm totally tragic about this band! Going over to the Uk and France to see them at O2 and Bercy. Can't wait til they come back down here. So. Now, tell me your story..:)

• 3 months later...

Hi - I discovered Muse a few months after Absolution was released. I was on vacation in my favorite place in the U.S. - Lake St. Catherine, Vermont. My husband was in the middle of writing a novel that takes place in a post-apocolyptic future at the time. He and I were driving around the lake just before sunset, and he told me that he'd read you should always have a theme song when you're writing, and he'd discovered the perfect song - you guessed it: Apocolypse Please. I immediately asked if he had anything else on his iPod by them, and then heard Time is Running Out. I was completely hooked and remember saying - This is my new favorite band. I went home and got the back catalogue and thatstatement has remained true ever since. I am the first to admit I am "obsessed" - how can you not be?

• 1 year later...

I'm a newbie. I was doing something at the computer while my then 13yo was watching the 2009 VMA's for Taylor Swift. I remember sort of hearing: "Performing across the street at the BlahBlah Theatre, Blah Blah." Then "Uprising" started. I turned and stared at the TV completely mesmorized. When the performance was over, I asked my daughter who had just performed. Her response, "I don't know, but I think they're from England." Gee, thanks honey. That narrows it down! So I did what any newly obsessed fan would do and stayed up to watch the re-broadcast to find out who it was. I bought The Resistance soonafter, and loved all of it. First time I remember that happening with an album in forever. Then I trolled YouTube to listen to full songs from the rest of their albums, as opposed the to 30-second iTunes snippet. There was so very, very, little I didn't like, that I quickly picked up almost everything else they had on iTunes. I may be missing some b-sides :LOL:

Hi all. I have been a fan for almost 10 years. I was a staunch Manics fan for many many years but was getting a bit fed up of waiting for them to cheer up a bit. I had seen Muse reviews in the music papers but had not heard their music, until 2001 when I caught them on a TV show (I think it was TOTP). Many things struck me which I still vividly remember: The lead singer played both keyboard and guitar and did both splendidly and had glorious red hair. The drummer was having a fine old time. The bassist was headbanging. A breakdancer appeared. The bassist sat on the breakdancer. The drummer sat on the bassist. Mayhem occurred. All whilst playing New Born. I was hooked.

Can you join this group if you are just under 40, but too old to fit in with most of the 20 somethings I see at the concerts? I know Muse has been around for over 10 years, but if you can imagine, I became a fan this year. I'll add to the odd stories of how we discovered Muse. My husband was watching a commercial for the show V (here in US) and he asked if I had ever heard the song. It was Uprising. We looked on Music Choice video channel and saw the video with the scary bears (as my 7 year old calls it). I had to find out more, so I went on YouTube and watched the Knights of Cydonia video at Wembley Stadium. I was blown away! I have most of their music and have gone to three concerts, one in Philadelphia and two in NYC. The problem is that I have no one to talk to about how amazing they are and that is why I'm here! So if I throw out random questions that a fan of 10 years would know, please don't hold it against me :)

• 3 weeks later...

You said it right SMBH there are so few around me, too, who seem to "get" Muse...why is it that they have this affect on us...it's wild. For me, they came about at a time when I really needed some real music in my life. Here! Here! to sharing a "common passion"...love the way you worded that. Stephalbero: yes, the scary bears! no kidding! my 10 year old couldn't resist liking them after seeing that video! As far as the whole twilight stuff is concerned...well, where are they all now?...Muse is still one of the greatest bands ever! I hit You Tube and look at some of their antics when I need a chuckle...recall the Italian showcase where they switched places...priceless!