Kind of Christian?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so this has nothing to do with your current question, Foozles but, isn't anyone else on this site worried about what will happen to Matt after he dies??? All atheists go to hell, as I've been told. I DON'T WANT MATTHEW BELLAMY TO GO TO HELL!!! :'( And by the way, I'm a Protestant, of course...

:LOL:

I was very interested in the Prog Issue that he said that he doesn't believe in God but he respects how musicians like Bach were playing for a higher purpose.

I think Matt is the type that wants to believe there's a God deep down but can't bring himself to believe it.

Hello, all... just joined this messageboard. First one I have ever joined. Gotta run for now, as I am moving today. I just wanted to say that I am not a fan of Christ, I am a completely committed follower of Him and His Word. To me, that is all the difference in the world. I go to a non-denominational church that has people from every walk of life you can think of that only want to love and serve God by loving and serving others. (My walk of life? - think Saul turning into Paul) Oh, and I do enjoy Muse... one of only a handful of secular artists I even listen to. They are just way too talented. I pray for them all, too. I hope to get back on here soon. I wish you all the best. God bless! - Matthew (newborndeadstar)

Hi I am a Christian and I love Muse, seen them 3 times now, my son and daughter call me Rocking Muse Mum. I also pray for Matt and hope one day that he will realise that his talent is God given! Looking forward to the Resistance tour.

Keep the peace

I agree with Obi in the sense that Matt is only fooling himself. I only fooled myself for many years and it only lead to death and destruction - losing everything I had due to pride and selfishness. If he loved the Lord, with his talent, he would smoke any artist I have ever heard of. Have a blessed day everyone. Be strong, serve God only, know that if you do beautiful heaven awaits.

I agree with Obi in the sense that Matt is only fooling himself. I only fooled myself for many years and it only lead to death and destruction - losing everything I had due to pride and selfishness. If he loved the Lord, with his talent, he would smoke any artist I have ever heard of. Have a blessed day everyone. Be strong, serve God only, know that if you do beautiful heaven awaits.

How poetic! Couldn't put it better myself.

There is no such thing as a Christian-like life without acknowledgement of Christ, God, et al... Being an atheist runs counter to the very reason we were created in the first place. We were created by God, with freewill (which is very important given the nature of any discussion of atheism) in order that we may Glorify Him above all things. The freewill comes into play because that proves how much He loves us, that He is God of the universe and He gives us a choice to love Him. And we love him by heeding the words of Christ - "If you love me, you will do as I say. If you don't love me, you won't do as I say." The Word of God is truth and it is life, and it has the answer to every question you could ever ponder. It is also important to remember Deuteronomy 29:29. Look it up. Some things simply cannot be explained, and you must take it on faith and trust in the Lord, and He will direct your path. God Bless!

Not a preacher.... you just made me laugh uncontrollably. Seriouslly, my sides hurt. I am just someone being used by God... simply put, there is His glory in my story. I love God and think of and leave you with this verse from the New Living Translation of the Word of God: I Peter 1: 22-23 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. **That is what I am talking about! Anyways, I hope you all have a blessed night/day wherever you are. Hope to keep these discussions going...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.. I do not go online much, did this group get abandoned or just die out due to neglect? : ) Just curious. Anyone suggest another topic? Like perhaps, considering the nature of the group, what we struggle with and what God has done in our lives to overcome that for us? Come on, people... I go to recovery meetings daily with dozens of people - semi-anonymous posts are easy by comparison. Just throwing it out there, for the sake of some sort of fellowship. Electronic as it is, we are still the body, eh? Catch my drift, anyone?

I think Matt is the type that wants to believe there's a God deep down but can't bring himself to believe it.[/Quote]

:yesey: I completely agree.

I go to a non-denominational church that has people from every walk of life you can think of that only want to love and serve God by loving and serving others.[/Quote]

Me too! I love my church. There are no strict rules enforced by denominations, you just come as you are. Willing to glorify God.

Newborndeadstar you spread such a great message! Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@newborndeadstar: I don't really check my groups much. :LOL: I'm just kind of scared about the direction the world is heading in our eyes. We're having wars about religion, and there are less and less Christians in the world today and more and more aetheists and people of other religion that want us gone. And the fact that they can make fun of us, but if we say a word about their religion, we're threatened. Then again, we may be used to it after years of persecution. But why am I worrying about it this much NOW? I'm only 15! I guess I just overthink.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm catholic. :happy:

dylan- we can't forget the years of persecution Christians inflicted upon pagans/people of other religion either. though you're right in that in most modern/urban society there's a rise in 'intellectual atheists' who use logic and reasoning to argue against the existence of God, and basically imply that we're all dimwits who are easily led to believe in something/believe blindly/are well brain washed by the church/etc.

• 1 month later...

I pray for Muse every night. And did you guys notice the ring he used to always wear? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtsmMCIfZzI it's on his right hand (which is aggravating because you see his left hand a BUNCH) and it's visible around 2.10, 4.15, and 5.15

anyway, ive seen better pics of him (I feel like a stalker haha) and it's a cross inside of the ring. which confuses me..anyone have ideas?

oh and I'm non-denominational :D