The Definitive Pickup Wiring Thread

Neil.

[ATTACH]15311[/ATTACH]

do the two ground symbols mean that they are joined together?

and where abouts do the jack connections go on the stereo jack??

thanks again :)

not necessarily. it just means they are both grounded. you CAN join them together, but it doesn't matter as long as both are grounded

and i would suggest checking the manual for that information

not necessarily. it just means they are both grounded. you CAN join them together, but it doesn't matter as long as both are grounded

and i would suggest checking the manual for that information

and where do they go to be grounded??

the fernandes manual?

thanks

and where do they go to be grounded??

the fernandes manual?

thanks

i assume you can just ground them to the back of the volume pot like anything else. there's nothing that you can really ground to in that area in the upper horn, since no other electronics are up there

and yes. if you don't have it, it's available on the fernandes website.

i assume you can just ground them to the back of the volume pot like anything else. there's nothing that you can really ground to in that area in the upper horn, since no other electronics are up there

and yes. if you don't have it, it's available on the fernandes website.

ah okay

Thanks alot :D

urrmm would the jack connections just go to the same as the 3 way pickup selector?

quick question for those familiar with strat wiring

do i wire up a 3 way switch the same way as a 5 way switch? i can't find any information that says if they have to be wired differently.

and also, capacitor values... it seems like 47nf is the most common for strats, but i'm tempted to try .1uf

or would that be a bad idea? i'm using seymour duncan SSL-1 vintage staggers or whatever they're called, so they're probably not that high output if that makes a difference.

i'm tempted to try the dav logon signature wiring setup too

quick question for those familiar with strat wiring

do i wire up a 3 way switch the same way as a 5 way switch? i can't find any information that says if they have to be wired differently.

and also, capacitor values... it seems like 47nf is the most common for strats, but i'm tempted to try .1uf

or would that be a bad idea? i'm using seymour duncan SSL-1 vintage staggers or whatever they're called, so they're probably not that high output if that makes a difference.

i'm tempted to try the dav logon signature wiring setup too

A 3 way is wired differently. Feel free to experiment with caps.

A 3 way is wired differently. Feel free to experiment with caps.

it is? i can't find a diagram for a 3 way strat switch anywhere :( only teles

does that diagram you drew me work with single coils? I have to find it... I think I still have it saved

it is? i can't find a diagram for a 3 way strat switch anywhere :( only teles

does that diagram you drew me work with single coils? I have to find it... I think I still have it saved

edit: shit, thats not right

edit: Here we go!

14964d1293728080t-3-way-switch-wiring-please-standard_strat.gif

• 1 year later...

Hi guys! Working on my chinese replica and I have already installed the MBK2 and fernandes 401 kit, however the sustainer itself doesent work. I have followed the instructions for 3 way switch in the manual (HERE) and also confirmed with some guys video (

)

The 3 way in humbucker position works, but the single coil only works when the sustainer is on. Probably right. However! I have removed the pot for the intensity and wired the 2 wires together and left the ground with tape. Fernandes told me that this could be done in a short email, any experience or ideas?

Also, where can I wire the kill switch? I have no experience with kill switches, so If you luthiery guys have done something like this you could probably supply me with a chart? :D

Thanks!;)

Archived