The "I Love Chocolate" group

woooooooooooooo more members! hello to everyone!! to celebrate, this is an awesome Chocolate Cake recipie, tis super easy to make!

Simple Chocolate Cake

For the Cake

115 g of Plain (semisweet) chocolate, chopped into pieces

45 ml milk

150 g unsalted butter, softened

150 g light muscovado (a.k.a brown) sugar

3 eggs

200 g self raising flour

15 ml unsweetened cocoa powder

For the Icing… Chocolate Buttercream

15 ml unsweetened cocoa powder

30 ml boiling water

75 g unsalted butter

175 g icing sugar

2.5 ml vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease two 18cm round sandwich (layer) cake tins and line the base of each with non-stick baking paper.

2. Select a small pan and heatproof bowl that will fit over it. Place the chocolate and milk in the bowl. Bring the small pan of water to just below simmering point. Place the bowl containing the chocolate and milk on top. Leave for about five minutes, until the chocolate softens, then stir until smooth. Leave the bowl over the pan, but remove from the heat.

3. Cream the butter with the sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined.

4. Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon until evenly mixed. Divide the mixture among the prepared tins, scraping the bowl clean. Smooth the tops of the cakes and bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until well risen and firm. Turn out on to wire racks to cool.

5. For the Chocolate Buttercream, mix the cocoa powder with the boiling water, then leave to cool.

6. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Beat well to make a buttercream with a smooth spreadable consistency.

7. Sandwich the cooled cake layers together with a thick, even layer of the Chocolate Buttercream.

8. Freaking enjoy the scrumptious, delicious, luscious (unhealthy but who cares) masterpiece you have created

recipe taken from The Chocolate Cookbook by Christine France

ok so i did add step 8 in... stating the obvious is what i tend to do at times

coooooooool more people!

Hello to everyone!

i tried the recipe on the weekend and even my mum said it was good... considering the last time i cooked, i accidently used salt for sugar... how was i suppose to know which was which, they look the same :rolleyes: (so now the containers properly labelled) the chocolate cake tasted really yummy! so i recommend that you bake and eat it :p

hope there is left over chocolate for you!

till later!

• 4 weeks later...

Who loves chocolate and pasta raise your hands… now raise your hands if you love chocolate and pasta together, in the one dish…

Hey Chocolate lovers… the following recipe is for our much adored Matt…

I haven’t tried it out for myself (its too complicated for me) but if any one does try it out, could you let me know how it turned out…. comments about it are appreciated… oh and if you have chocolate recipes, share them pleeeeeeease :)

Dark Chocolate Ravioli with White Chocolate and Cream Cheese Filling

Serves 4

Ingredients

175g plain flour

25g unsweetened cocoa powder

Salt (unspecified amount)

30ml icing sugar

2 large eggs, beaten

15ml olive oil

Single (light) cream and grated dark plain (bittersweet) chocolate, to serve

For the filling

175g white chocolate, chopped

350g cream cheese

1 egg, plus 1 beaten egg to seal

Method

1. To make the pasta, sift the flour with the cocoa powder, salt and icing sugar on to a work surface. Make a well in the centre and pour the eggs and oil into it. Mix together with your fingers. Kneed until smooth. Alternatively, make the dough in a food processor, then kneed by hand. Cover and rest the dough for at least 30 minutes.

2. To make the filling, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Beat the cream cheese in a bowl, and then beat in the chocolate and egg. Spoon into a piping (pastry) bag fitted with a plain nozzle (tip).

3. Cut the dough in half and wrap one portion in plastic wrap. Roll the rest of the pasta dough out thinly to a rectangle on a lightly floured surface, or use a pasta machine. Cover with a clean damp dish towel and repeat with the remaining pasta dough.

4. Pipe small mounds (about a teaspoons worth) of filling in even rows, spacing them at 4cm intervals across one sheet of pasta dough. Using a pastry brush, brush the spaces of dough between the moulds with the beaten egg.

5. Using a rolling pin, carefully lift and place the other pasta dough sheet over the dough with the filling. Press down firmly between the pockets of filling, pushing out and trapped air. Cut the filled chocolate pasta into rounds with a serrated ravioli cutter or a sharp knife. Transfer the ravioli to a floured dish towel. Leave for 1 hour to dry out, ready for cooking.

6. Bring a frying pan of water to the boil and add the ravioli, a few at a time, stirring to prevent them from sticking together. (Adding a few drops of a bland oil to the water will help too.) Simmer gently for 3 – 5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and serve with a splash of single cream and grated chocolate.

recipe taken from The Chocolate Cookbook by Christine France

• 3 weeks later...

hello! welcome to the group!

no one is fat... actually... chocolate is good for you :p

dark chocolate helps with dieting because it has a low GI of 45. this means that your body will digest these foods slowly which will leave you full for longer. this in turn will allow you to eat fewer calories without feeling hungry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oook... chocolate is healthy... i promise... well.... i think it is anyways... and to prove it, here is a recipe for Healthy Chocolate Brownies... they are healthy by my standards anyway... and the recipe is from a health cookbook.... :)

60g ( 1/2 cup) cocoa powder

¾ cup plain flour

1 tsp baking powder

50g (1/³ cup) firmly packed brown sugar

110g (²/³ cup) chopped dried dates

90g unsalted butter, melted

80ml (1/³ cup) low-fat milk

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 160C, lightly grease and line the base of a 20cm square baking tin.

2. Sift the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar and dates and stir to combine. Whisk together the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla.

3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes or until set. Remove and set aside to cool before cutting into squares. Dust with icing sugar if desired.

hope you like it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...