Message Board Software Change

JessicaSarahS

Just now, JessicaSarahS said:

PM me the email address you use on your board account if you remember and I can try to merge it.

I don't know if I can remember it, since I only ever needed a username to log in to the board. Is there a way to find out because I don't think I've ever gotten an email from the board.

25 minutes ago, Kueller917 said:

I don't know if I can remember it, since I only ever needed a username to log in to the board. Is there a way to find out because I don't think I've ever gotten an email from the board.

I've DMd you on Twitter the email account you will need to use. I didn't want to PM your current forum account just in case you don't use it again after today. 😁

33 minutes ago, JessicaSarahS said:

I've DMd you on Twitter the email account you will need to use. I didn't want to PM your current forum account just in case you don't use it again after today. 😁

I got a few issues.

1. I don't have access to the email anymore. Can't remember the password, and the backup account doesn't exist anymore.

2. Muse.mu recognizes no account linked to that email, as my main site account uses a different (currently active) one. So I can't log in with it. And idk how to make a new one given issue #1.

Edited by kueller

17 minutes ago, plastic passion said:

I'm having the same problem.  https://forum.muse.mu/profile/505671-plastic-passion/ 

that is my old username and pretty sure my email from 15 years ago is from aol. haaaalp!

actually it should be the same email because when i logged into the site with my email it automatically gave me the same username.

No it gave me my old username too, probably because I linked the .mu account to the board account with the same username, but they did not use the same email. I made a new .mu account with my board email and that linked to my proper account. That seems to be the key. I got a new username out of though but Jessica was kind enough to fix that up.

Maybe we should've been warned to verify our emails before the old board went down...

hi everyone.  posting as a test. 

(yay it works.  i just need to get my old avatar bigger so i can replace this one)

actually i think my old username was just hyena.  it took the username from my .mu account.  that kinda sucks....can I change it back?  maybe i'm wrong, i don't remember

Edited by hyena17

Oh yeah I think this is my .mu account too ‘cos my (beautiful) profile pic is gone and it says I joined in Feb 2011 instead of August

ah well makes no difference other than a maaarginally more accurate representation of when I became a fan 😂

also SHIT BOI do we have emojis now?? ngl I’m gonna miss the old board ones

edit: well done and thanks to everyone involved with the move btw, I’m sure there’s tons of annoying/stressful things that pop up with something like that ❤️ I don’t hate it

Edited by Jobby

Hi Hyena and Jobby! 

Hyena, you can change your username when you log on to muse.mu just click on your name, then gonto Edit your account (I think) change it, and save. Log in again.

Jobby, not sure if all smileys are here from the old board, but some are :dance:

lol, I sound like a Mod sorry ...... 

Edited by Claudia O