Those tiny bits of Muse songs that non-Musers wouldn't give a damn about...

Gemsy

But you just adore...

ie:

- the little tiny backing vocals in the last 'you can't lose' bit of pwopaganda

- The way Matt's voice breaks when he says 'lost' in the chorus of Get Up and Fight

- 'you've been bitten by'

- The Void - 'they'll say' makes me so happy. He makes it sound like he's so emoshe, I just love it

- I've spent a good 10 minutes just rewinding the line 'life is a broken simulation I'm unable to feeeeeel' about 50 times. A vocalist's dream

Ok I listed all vocal things because I've been doing a lot of singing work but it can be any little tiny thing you love :facemelt: come on let's flog this dead horse (board, not album) some more

Edited by Gemsy

I love your idea!

- long intro of Algorythm: I adore it and was so surprized at first listen!

- slide guitar in The Darkside Alternate reality version

- 80s drums in Algorythm

- the bass and especially the ones in the last bit in The Void, like your speakers break apart and your tummy feels sick :D

- finally accoustics in Something human! I hope they'll play it live!

- softness and vulnerability in The Void

more to come, need to listen properly again :)

Edited by Claudia O.

Aw yes that softness and vulnerability... I missed that so much in the last few years

wish my musical theatre kids were older & rock fans and not 8 year olds who only care about George Ezra because life is a broken simulation I'm unable to feeeel is a perfect dark vocal warm up. All the vowels :D

I feel it's my job to gently shape them into rock fans :D

My little one, Daniel (10) is a rock fan! He loves Darkside and Something human, from the older ones KOC and Starlight. A good melody is very important for him, guitars, drums ... it starts with the parents taste and how much and diverse music they play when the kids are around I'd say. I love him singing, out of nowhere "Break me out, break me out let me flee..." :D

My older one (14) is not so much into music, but lately while listening to the radio in the car, he said "Sounds like only one band or one singer is being played, they all sound the same! I don't like it." It was casual radio, say Top40hits.... :LOL:

Edited by Claudia O.

Aw yay! I have been thinking I need to do a mix cd for my niblings, they're getting to the age where they should be hearing some real music appreciation. But it feels like a HUGE task :LOL: where to even staaart...

I also cannot get enough of the yeah yeah ahhh oooo ooohhhh at the beginning of The Dark Side either.

Also 'i hail from the dark side' aaaahhhh god damn the way he sings that line...

Damnit Matt :LOL:

Edited by Gemsy

To add to that, the ones in the pressure intro. Actually didn't notice it until I removed the center track.

The little 'yeah' and laugh? :D

And yay the BITM scale... Love it! and yesssss I was so happy to hear the twinkly piano in Algorithm I think I actually said yesssssss out loud :D

Omg so we were listening to Rage at a party recently and drunkenly spaffing about Tom Morello and someone was like 'i mean, who can scratch, like that, on a guitar??' and I was like ... Ah I won't say because I talk about muse way too much :LOL:

The little 'yeah' and laugh? :D

And yay the BITM scale... Love it! and yesssss I was so happy to hear the twinkly piano in Algorithm I think I actually said yesssssss out loud :D

Omg so we were listening to Rage at a party recently and drunkenly spaffing about Tom Morello and someone was like 'i mean, who can scratch, like that, on a guitar??' and I was like ... Ah I won't say because I talk about muse way too much :LOL:

Well there's that too, but also a very distant robotic sounding voice underneath the main vocal track at the beginning (although only for certain parts of it)

And yeah, I've been liking how he's been adding the Morello influenced stuff into the live songs. Specifically that bit in Hysteria :awesome:

Aw yay! I have been thinking I need to do a mix cd for my niblings, they're getting to the age where they should be hearing some real music appreciation. But it feels like a HUGE task :LOL: where to even staaart...

Definitely not with Simulation Theory. No reason that they should be jaded about modern music from day one.

All of  Tab! 😁 Volume turned up, the start is fantastic, then when Matt starts to sing! The bulid up, then the massive drums set in, the Queen-esque guitars and noises ! The dramatic ending ... and then, on the album, Starlight starts, that‘s‘s when I love Starlight! Live it isn‘t so good anymore 🤨

7 hours ago, Gemsy said:

The high pitched guitar solo that continues through the last chorus of Easily 

I do like that. A bit like the last chorus in Hysteria, though that's a bit more subtle

Here's the isolated track too. Starts at 3:11 

• Like 1

Assuming I'm doing this right...

- The piano arpeggios in the chorus of Stockholm Syndrome are always something that I've loved but I can imagine going unnoticed or unappreciated by others.

- The background effects that somehow add so much to the song in (among others) Shine Acoustic, Hyper Chondriac Music, and the outro to Citizen Erased.

- They might not count because they're so prominent, but I'll also add the strings in Blackout. I even love the instrumental version at the end of H.A.A.R.P.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

- I’m not so good with musical terminology but the Halloween sounding woo-woo’s in intro of Thought Contagion have always made me giddy.

- Simularly, when the synth kicks in in Something Human, it’s just a really touching moment that makes an otherwise simple pop song into one of their most heartfelt tracks.

- I know it’s absolute heresy to defend GUaF but I really like Matt’s vocals. The content of the song may seem valid but, in my opinion, he really sells it.

- When the horns kick in during the second chorus of Panic Station.

- “I wish you’d hooold your stage, with no feeling at all” “I’m sure you used to be so free”

- The last “clink” when Matt is going crazy on the piano during Darkshines.

• Haha 1