The State of the Muse Board

lylebrenham

I accept the Admins work for free.

And I accept, there are some awful people on many Websites, who use horrible language towards other users.

And their horrible offensive opinions deserve to be removed from all Websites.

And I accept most Admins on here do a great job, in cleaning up the Website and removing those offensive remarks.

I'm fine with banter, but when an Admin crosses the line, I think that is very wrong.

So my original thoughts on Niall remain the same.

And if Muse management read His comments about other members, and knew that some of His comments about other members was untrue, and some of His advice was incorrect, they would not be happy?.

In my opinion, Niall has misused His position on the Official Muse Website.

And I'm not the only Muse fan who feels the same.

This community has always been a bunch of piss takers. There was also definitely a culture here of people coming in and going 'oh ok I have to take the piss out of people to be seen as cool' and the odd people who would always take the banter too far. And people who would back away because of that which always made me sad, especially when I knew their sense of humour was classic Muser hahaha.

I haven't read the posts you refer to from Niall but for all you know he could be talking to his friends. For example there's a post from me I came across last night where I said 'shut up vagina face', to a long term regular, and anyone coming in and seeing a (then) mod talking like that might be a bit like :stunned:

But, as I have always said to defend the culture of this place, shiny record label and management companies aside, this place started as a message board for a very naughty young rock band, and that sense of humour we all had back then is what's endured.

So yeah, sticking up for Niall - everyone knows this place is fan run, he's just a fan, chatting, the same as the rest of us.

Edited by Gemsy

These people aren't paid. If the "privilege" of administrating and moderating a site full of shitheads also required them to never share their own thoughts and never be wrong, this board would have been dead over a decade ago.

Sometimes it was really hard restraining yourself from telling someone to drop dead when they got personal tbh.

Add that weirdo who had a personal vendetta against me so kept making posts speculating on my sex life and the conspiracy nut who PMed me saying he knew where I lived and would rape and kill me (because I deleted his bullshit) yeah... it's pretty thankless at times.

I accept the Admins work for free.

And I accept, there are some awful people on many Websites, who use horrible language towards other users.

And their horrible offensive opinions deserve to be removed from all Websites.

And I accept most Admins on here do a great job, in cleaning up the Website and removing those offensive remarks.

I'm fine with banter, but when an Admin crosses the line, I think that is very wrong.

So my original thoughts on Niall remain the same.

And if Muse management read His comments about other members, and knew that some of His comments about other members was untrue, and some of His advice was incorrect, they would not be happy?.

In my opinion, Niall has misused His position on the Official Muse Website.

And I'm not the only Muse fan who feels the same.

Feel free to contact me with examples why you feel that there is 'misuse of power', or debate that elsewhere - I don't think there is the need to keep up this train of thought publicly. It is starting to come across as if you are hoping to start a witch hunt against somebody, and there is in my opinion no need to continue this. Consider this my request to cut it from your posts here, as per our forum rule:

There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member or otherwise be provocative and inflammatory. Critical evaluations of posts are fine but should not be directed at the individual expressing them.

You need to realise that we are not related to the official Website, and that we still have our own personal voice. I may not like all people on the board and be vocal about it, but that is MY opinion.

Lastly, you might find posts of me that are as bad as Niall's are in your opinion (no idea which post they are, again - PM me). Remember we have not always been moderators or administrators. I definitely was not, and my posts maybe as 'controversial' if not worse.

Last but not least, I can carefully hint that we are about to make some changes to the forum, but it takes time to finetune this.

is this your idea of democracy?

I have not made false claims or used bad language towards anyone on this Site, and never will.

and yet you threaten to remove my Posts from the Site.

yet Niall has made false claims and many errors in His judgements on this Site.

I'll give you One example: Niall was asked by member saix24, the copy of Exogenesis 12" Vinyl He/She had opened was a White Vinyl.

Niall's reply: 'sounds dodgy indeed, they were only ever in Black'.

incorrect, once again from the chosen One Niall.

He has made many bad calls on this Official Site, look through His Posts carefully. and you will find them.

as you will, his incorrect assertions about other members, if you take the time to read them, like I and other members have.

what every member of this website deserves, when an Admin makes a statement, is facts.

if you do not know, don't guess or make it up.

if you are a Younger Muse fan, who are you to believe, when starting out, in collecting Muse items.

it should be Admins.

all the best, Lyle.

2074283420_example2.thumb.jpg.b104d87cea4916344ced270e5ebe1c30.jpg

You know, you are free to tell him that he's wrong on that post. You can't call for him to resign just cuz he got a colour wrong. Not that he comes here anymore anyway haha. 'you must be completely infallible in your knowledge of muse' isn't a requirement of the job description. Being admin on a message board is about coding and tidying up and being able to repair broken databases and stuff. We all get things wrong and have discussions about it. Even Muse don't know that much detail about Muse.

If you care to look through all Niall's posts, you will pick up on the mistakes.

Anyone can make mistakes, we have all done it.

But Niall has made too many stupid mistakes and stupid comments.

As pointed out to me by some serious collectors, who also use this Site.

If your an Amin on the Official Muse Site, you should not guess on authenticity of items, if you do not know for certain.

And sadly Muse management, think He is the person on the Site too contact regarding Origin of Muse.

And I and a few other members, do not think His opinions about other members, should be posted on the Site either.

Once you make inaccurate claims about members, it's too late, and trust is lost in the member criticised, even if they can prove Niall is wrong.

If He does not like someone, either keep it too Himself, or criticise them in private amongst His friends.

As I have said before in this thread, do not trust His opinions or false claims.

Muse management should contact the real collectors, if they want help with Origin of Muse.

Aye what’s going on with these board changes? Feel like I first saw it mentioned a fair while ago now and wondered what the time frame was

Y’know, while we’re turning this thread into a ‘State of the Muse Board’

We don't know the time frame either. Looks like the label is rolling out changes to the board that were supposed to happen with the new site update when ST released, but they haven't happened yet. We put in some input about what features we really wanted to keep and we were asked to pick a day (I said Friday, but that was a couple months ago now. :LOL:), and now we wait...

Muse management should contact the real collectors, if they want help with Origin of Muse.

Sounds like you're just jealous that they contacted Niall and not you. :LOL:

You don't need to have 100% Muse knowledge accuracy to be a mod or admin. We're just regular fans and we make mistakes.

If you care to look through all Niall's posts, you will pick up on the mistakes.

Anyone can make mistakes, we have all done it.

But Niall has made too many stupid mistakes and stupid comments.

As pointed out to me by some serious collectors, who also use this Site.

If your an Amin on the Official Muse Site, you should not guess on authenticity of items, if you do not know for certain.

And sadly Muse management, think He is the person on the Site too contact regarding Origin of Muse.

And I and a few other members, do not think His opinions about other members, should be posted on the Site either.

Once you make inaccurate claims about members, it's too late, and trust is lost in the member criticised, even if they can prove Niall is wrong.

If He does not like someone, either keep it too Himself, or criticise them in private amongst His friends.

As I have said before in this thread, do not trust His opinions or false claims.

You sound so narked about someone casually helping out with a project that is still very much a long way off. Calm yourself down, there's really no need for all the rambling.

Sounds like you're just jealous that they contacted Niall and not you. :LOL:

I thought that was clear from his very first post:

I have been following this Origin of Muse thread, and in the last few Day's reading most of admin Niall's posts and threads on this site. it took me a while.

which is why I have now become a member.

why would Muse management ask Niall for help with the Origin of Symmetry project?

other fan sites would know who the real hardcore collectors out there are.

why not ask them?.

other members should read all his posts and judge for themselves.

the real collectors out there will pick up on his mistakes.

hope Muse management read this.

not the sort of person you really want working for your website.

all the best, Lyle.

:LOL:

Basically this person saw Niall say that management had asked him for help, so he went into Niall's post history, fueled by rage.

I thought that was clear from his very first post:

:LOL:

Basically this person saw Niall say that management had asked him for help, so he went into Niall's post history, fueled by rage.

Oof, I missed that bit! That's pretty creepy-- to spend a day reading one Admin's posts. :erm: I don't even spend a day going through my own emails! :LOL:

hi,

I have been silenced for speaking the truth about Niall.

and given a warning.

no Admin even bothered to read Niall's posts, and see for themselve's if my claims were true.

what a shame.

justice denied yet agian.

it seams Niall is not accountable.

all the best, to the true collecting community, we now know where we stand, Lyle.