2019.06.05 - Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol, UK

forevermusic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got 1 general standing collectors ticket for sale for Bristol, please contact me if interested. Face value £88, will accept offers. Will struggle to make it to the concert myself sadly due to family commitments.

Edited by Mikky

My sister and I are travelling down from Edinburgh. Does anyone know Bristol well? If so, we are staying in the city centre and need a plan to get back to our hotel. We don’t fancy walking back in a city we don’t know. Is there easy public transport or is there a pub nearby to try for a cab? Any recommendations please?

On 5/28/2019 at 8:54 AM, FutureLegend said:

My sister and I are travelling down from Edinburgh. Does anyone know Bristol well? If so, we are staying in the city centre and need a plan to get back to our hotel. We don’t fancy walking back in a city we don’t know. Is there easy public transport or is there a pub nearby to try for a cab? Any recommendations please?

You'd be fine walking back to the City centre after the gig.  Bristol is generally safe and the route back doesn't go through rough areas!  Plus there will be a lot of people heading the same way (to the central bus station or Temple Meads train station).

If you want a pub, try the Tobacco Factory or the Lounge on North Street in Bedminster.  Only 5 minutes walk from the stadium. Again, another safe area with taxis driving through all the time.  Assuming the bars and pubs are open then you have plenty of choice to stop for a drink.

I'm going to the gig on Wednesday and I'm also a Bristol City season ticket holder.  Apart from fans being idiots, there are very few problems linked to football matches these days so there'll be no trouble for music. Hope you have a great time!

I’m in Oxford all week, and am already going to Manchester on Saturday, but seriously tempted by the several tickets on sale still on Twickets etc. Won’t be driving, so the issue will be getting back to Oxford after the gig. 

Obviously the hotels in Bristol are either full or extortionate, but I guess I could get a late train to somewhere like Bath and spend the night there. 

Anyone who knows that part of the country have any other ideas? The only option that can get me back is an overnight bus to Heathrow and then double back to Oxford, but that sounds horrendous and I’d rather not have a sleepless night. 

2 hours ago, DrMattLawson said:

I’m in Oxford all week, and am already going to Manchester on Saturday, but seriously tempted by the several tickets on sale still on Twickets etc. Won’t be driving, so the issue will be getting back to Oxford after the gig. 

Obviously the hotels in Bristol are either full or extortionate, but I guess I could get a late train to somewhere like Bath and spend the night there. 

Anyone who knows that part of the country have any other ideas? The only option that can get me back is an overnight bus to Heathrow and then double back to Oxford, but that sounds horrendous and I’d rather not have a sleepless night. 

£50 for a room in house near Temple Meads through Airbnb? Fairly easy walk to and from Ashton Gate and the train station, probably just need to tell the host that you'll be back late evening after the concert:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/34709193?location=Temple Meads%2C Bristol%2C UK&check_in=2019-06-05&check_out=2019-06-06&guests=1&adults=1&children=0&infants=0

So - bought a last minute Twickets General Admission for £60, and have negotiated the expensive hotels by getting one in Bath, a city I've not visited before, so that'll be nice too. Last train from Temple Meads is around 23:35 I believe, so ample time to walk back after the gig.

There's conflicting information about General Admission. I'm really not fussed if I end up in unreserved seating, but is there any? I've seen somewhere that General Admission is pitch standing only at Bristol, but London and Manchester both have unreserved seating sections. Anyone confirm either way?

So it looks like I'll definitely be doing this one as well on Wednesday. Couldn't sell my ticket, then got offered a lift there and back, then went to the London gig yesterday and... yeah. MORE PLEASE.

I've never actually been to Bristol, so it'll be nice to see somewhere new :)

3 hours ago, ben637 said:

Has anyone received their email from CID Entertainment about what we do on the day for Premium Experience? I have the lower tier so just need to know times and location of check in.

Literally just arrived.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:35 PM, DrMattLawson said:

There's conflicting information about General Admission. I'm really not fussed if I end up in unreserved seating, but is there any? I've seen somewhere that General Admission is pitch standing only at Bristol, but London and Manchester both have unreserved seating sections. Anyone confirm either way?

My tickets say 'pitch standing and unreserved level 1 seating', so I'm assuming...

Edited by Halflife67
Reduce quote length

4 hours ago, lew99 said:

anyone know roughly what tine the London show ended? got my train booked for 11:40 something ish

Gigs usually finish around 10.30 and Muse are due on at 8.30 so should be two hours I reckon.  There is supposed to be a park and ride option from Temple Meads as a mate of mine mentioned she was using it for tonight so look out for that near the station as that may save you a walk/taxi.

Looking forward to the Bristol show tonight and heading to Manchester on Saturday too.  Gigs number 12 and 13 for me!  Need to get another one booked quick to avoid the superstition! :musesign:

I obviously haven't posted here for a while - had to change my password and re-set my username - where is my signature block gone?! :eek::D

That gig definitely got better as time went on. Half way through I was feeling pretty down about it. Felt very underwhelming with a very flat crowd. 

Its no coincidence that it perked up once dark. 

Dig Down, UD, Madness in a row was a bit meh too.