The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (Pressure)

Dysfunco

Muse performs ONE song on the Tonight Show in the US (Tuesday 11/13) ...and it had to be Pressure. Why not pick one of the better tunes from the new album?

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/11/13/first-look-muse-performs-tonight-show-starring-jimmy-fallon/

This makes me worry what the setlist is going to be like for the up and coming tour.

I had no problem with song selection...figured it would be next single released...figured it was going to be this or Propaganda.

Loved the horns..be nice if they were on the tour but wonder how many songs they could actually be on.

As far as song set list go...been wondering what gets played off new album and what gets dropped from Drones.

If they don't play 'Get up and fight' I'll be more than happy :LOL:

I had no problem with song selection...figured it would be next single released...figured it was going to be this or Propaganda.

Loved the horns..be nice if they were on the tour but wonder how many songs they could actually be on.

As far as song set list go...been wondering what gets played off new album and what gets dropped from Drones.

If they don't play 'Get up and fight' I'll be more than happy :LOL:

Unfortunately, the new album sticker says it's featuring the "hit" singles Something Human, Pressure, and Get Up and Fight so they're probably likely to play that last one. Then again almost 2/3rds of this album will have been a single, so who knows.

I don't like how Matt always seemed a bit ahead of the brass section in that performance. It just made it sound kind of sloppy.

The way I figure things, the band usually plays about 6 songs from the new album anytime they tour. If that holds, I figure Propaganda, Pressure, Thought Contagion, Something Human (which might take place of Mercy as first encore) and The Void (which might take place of Globalist as show closer).

Wild card for me is Dig Down which will be almost 2 years old when they hit the road and used as opener for summer festival tour. Probably will play it, but listening to new album I think, 'what's this doing here' each time it comes on, thinking it is from Drones.

Anyway, after Iheart show which should act as a sneak preview of what songs will be featured, I will be in operation shut-down in my best effort to be surprised as far as set-lists and stage set-up.

Muse performs ONE song on the Tonight Show in the US (Tuesday 11/13) ...and it had to be Pressure. Why not pick one of the better tunes from the new album?

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/11/13/first-look-muse-performs-tonight-show-starring-jimmy-fallon/

This makes me worry what the setlist is going to be like for the up and coming tour.

Pressure is a decent song, commercial, and once they get the hang of it will probably be pretty fun live. In the past it's always been songs like Dig Down, Mercy, Madness, and Starlight, so this is actually a nice change imo.

Unfortunately, the new album sticker says it's featuring the "hit" singles Something Human, Pressure, and Get Up and Fight so they're probably likely to play that last one. Then again almost 2/3rds of this album will have been a single, so who knows.

I don't like how Matt always seemed a bit ahead of the brass section in that performance. It just made it sound kind of sloppy.

Yea, I saw that too. It's interesting how a song can be a "hit" even before it's been released, isn't it? :LOL: