2018.11.14 iHeart Radio Album Release Party, New York, NY, US

shostakobitch

I am up so I watched this. The setlist was beyond obvious and boring, but I guess that's 50 min promo gigs for you. TDS sounded great, and SH was good.

They basically said about NY gigs that there will be one in Brooklyn and one in Manhattan in spring.

Most interesting tidbit was that they are planning on bringing more musicians on tour, like horns players. Return of KOC trumpet? Finally hope for my pipe dream for CoD? (probably not)

I'm a bit concerned with their live performances overall since The Drones Tour ended.

I feel as if they aren't playing their songs with the authority, confidence and professionalism they used to.

The delivery seems a bit more sloppy at times and... yeah I don't know.

I've looked back at some early performances of Drones songs recently and it was just a higher level overall.

Also Matts microphone technique gets worse and worse, I feel. Vocals cuts out back and fourth in a way that just doesn't sound very good, it doesn't have the "volume compensation" effect I assume he's aiming for.

yeah, said they were playing at MSG. Didn't somebody on here look at the MSG schedule and figure out that only like 2 dates were available??

MSG looks to be available April 8-9 and 11-12.

Barclays in Brooklyn is available for all dates except April 10, which they'll be in Boston then anyway.

I suppose they could do Detroit, Barclays, then Philly, MSG, and Boston if they wanted to fill the holes the way they are. But Chicago's got to be in there somewhere, too so I dunno. United Center isn't available in that time frame, but Allstate is on April 5.. so maybe Detroit 4/4, Chicago 4/5, Philly 4/7, MSG/Brooklyn 4/8 or 9, Boston 4/10, back to MSG/Brooklyn 4/11 or 12.

Edited by halo eighteen

MSG looks to be available April 8-9 and 11-12.

Barclays in Brooklyn is available for all dates except April 10, which they'll be in Boston then anyway.

I suppose they could do Detroit, Barclays, then Philly, MSG, and Boston if they wanted to fill the holes the way they are. But Chicago's got to be in there somewhere, too so I dunno. United Center isn't available in that time frame, but Allstate is on April 5.. so maybe Detroit 4/4, Chicago 4/5, Philly 4/7, MSG/Brooklyn 4/8 or 9, Boston 4/10, back to MSG/Brooklyn 4/11 or 12.

One thing to consider is that in every instance on North American arena leg is that they never play back-to-back nights with exception of Montreal-Quebec City (about 2 hours apart). By stage diagram alone I imagine a pretty complex set that will take some time to prepare. Given teardown, travel time and set-up in next city, I imagine them not wanting to hit a place like Manhattan without an off-day in between.