The Void

OriginOfAbso

It's good. Feels like Muse's Bond song really, and the more I think about it that way the better it seems. The chorus works really well, sounds convincingly mean, but the verses threaten to be meandering like some Muse tracks tend to when Matt is wrapping his mouth around the lyrics. Oh, and it also sometimes just sounds like Muse found the Perturbator button in the studio and they're just sort of playing with it. Overall it works though.

IOh, and it also sometimes just sounds like Muse found the Perturbator button in the studio and they're just sort of playing with it. Overall it works though.

Fuck yes! Love it! Perturbator is one of the best electronic artists recently.

I'm kind of starting to find it a little... boring? Idk, it just doesn't do much, and the one part it does is just really familiar synth sounds. I don't mean to say it needs to be epic or anything, it just feels a bit empty at times. The verses aren't doing much for me either. All that being said, I still like it, I just don't think it's really special at all.

I'm kind of starting to find it a little... boring? Idk, it just doesn't do much, and the one part it does is just really familiar synth sounds. I don't mean to say it needs to be epic or anything, it just feels a bit empty at times. The verses aren't doing much for me either. All that being said, I still like it, I just don't think it's really special at all.

As I predicted, the downfall starts.

It’s similar to the alt. TDS and Algorithm imo. Brill, but the album versions suit the record itself better. Genuinely so grateful we have these though - as throwaway bonus tracks as well! In any other case they’d be highlights of their albums, if not their discography. Really hope this continues in the future.

Only alt. version I wish was on the album is SH.

The acoustic version is of course excellent but the album version really has something special imo. Those synths make it so spacey and mysterious, and that's indispensable for the way I understand and appreciate the song.

Exactly. The string swells, the synth breakdown, the speaker-destroying outro. Both versions are great, but the production of the original version takes it to another level.

For me, it also gives some Exit Music vibes, but that might just be vocal line similarities and the same parallels in chords.

Said the same in another thread. For me, it’s the eerie reptition of the last lines.

“They’re wrong - they’re wrong - they’re wrong”

“We hope - that you choke - that you choke”

Anyone know what note Matt hits when he sings the "a star" part in the acoustic version? It sounds like it could be one of his lowest notes to my untrained ear. It sounds incredible.
I was wondering the same thing, I think Spiral Static was his lowest recorded note, a quick comparison using Spotify just now made me think TV was lower but I could be wrong. Either way, one of of my favourite moments vocally.

I was wondering the same thing, I think Spiral Static was his lowest recorded note, a quick comparison using Spotify just now made me think TV was lower but I could be wrong. Either way, one of of my favourite moments vocally.

I just realized the acronym for The Void is TV. I feel like that was almost intentional.

I love that Muse finally used the Tron Legacy OST for inspiration. I love that soundtrack, and Muse fit the sound perfectly.

Why do you suggest it was Tron that inspired them? They might have gotten into Synthwave/New Retrowave.