OriginOfAbso

Get Up and Fight

I want so hard to like it but I can't it's just.. bad, plain bad. The only song I truly dislike on the album. I even somehow appreciated SH after the acoustic version.

Update: I actually quite like the verses, there's a fair amount of musicality in there. The chorus is a big old turd though.

Update: I actually quite like the verses, there's a fair amount of musicality in there. The chorus is a big old turd though.

If only that dull obnoxious uninspired radio beat wasn't there, I'd like the verses too.

We should launch a Big Freeze/Revolt/Get Up And Fight Poll :LOL:

But yeah, basically that's Muse doing Pop Rock nowadays, à la Katy Perry, Taylor Swift or whatever.. Aside from being quite bad, I also think it doesn't really fit with the whole atmosphere of the album, musically speaking.

Plus did you notice the similarity of the intro with this ? :p

Plus did you notice the similarity of the intro with this ? :p

Ah, thank you! I was reminded of that song, but I absolutely wouldn't have been able to name it.

Can't make heads or tails of this one. To me the verse and pre-chorus are the best the album has to offer while the chorus is probably the worst.

Really, weak choruses is an unfortunate theme of the album in general I think, but never is the chasm wider than here.

I want to like it but I just don't think Muse are pulling off this song. I think it's Matt mostly, he just kinda sounds wimpy with this subject matter. It sounds a lot like Danger Days MCR and I just listen to this wishing Gerard Way was grabbing this song by the balls. It's not bad but it's so iffy.

Really, weak choruses is an unfortunate theme of the album in general I think, but never is the chasm wider than here.

You reckon? Algorithm, TDS, Pressure, Propaganda, BITM, Blockades And The Void all have really high standard choruses imo

I found myself singing along with this in the car this morning. Like, enthusiastically singing :LOL:

I think it will prob be pretty great live, especially assuming the Tove Lo parts will be absent.

I'll go out on a limb and defend this one. Sure it's radio-friendly, positive-message power pop fluff but it's not all bad. A straightforward 4/4, soft verse/power chord chorus structure is kind of a welcome relief from all the electronic overkill mayhem elsewhere on the album. So what if it's better suited for Kelly Clarkson. It doesn't grate on me as much as listening to BITM.

Of course, I admit to having a soft spot for Follow Me and Guiding Light as well. So there's that.

The only song of ST I don't like...and there aren't many Muse songs I don't like. I think I would like it without Tove Lo's voice... But it will be better on live because probably with only Matt's voice...

You reckon? Algorithm, TDS, Pressure, Propaganda, BITM, Blockades And The Void all have really high standard choruses imo

I would actually say the chorus is the only thing that works in this song. It's just resting on nothing and the song is really tonally weird.