Algorithm (+ AV)

OriginOfAbso

I love it, but it oddly leaves me wanting just a bit more since it has the potential of an all-time great. I wish the piano early on was incorporated a little more. And the "with your creator!" bits are a little unsatisfying, like they should go straight into something more epic.

I think I'm in the minority that thinks the normal version is better than the AV. It's more subtle, it suits the album better, and I think it's more polished.

Agree, the AR version is more...impressive, if that’s the word? But for the vibe of the album, they defo made the right call imo

My only complaint is that it isn't longer. Other than that, well, fucking fuck.

Part of me wishes the rest of the album had taken on the atmosphere and scope of this song and The Void, with The Dark Side in there as well as the outer limit of the album's 'pop' element instead of something like Get Up and Fight. A properly doomy, grand fucking statement, with passages like the second half of Bowie's Low and more tracks that sound like Take a Bow, Map of the Problematique and Isolated System fused with the synthwave elements.

Having said that, if we'd got that we wouldn't have got Break it to Me or Propaganda, and I'm weirdly pretty fond of both already.

Almost a shame they're doing stadiums this album, dark moody opening with Algorithm and lasers and stuff would set the tone perfectly

That’s exactly what I’m expecting tbh. Like you said, it sets up the tone for the whole era perfectly. I’d imagine (hope) they know this album’s not exactly gonna get the mosh pits going so hopefully they won’t have a problem with opening w/ an atmospheric slow burner.