2019.06.27 Nijmegen, Goffertpark, Netherlands

matthijs

Yes, going with dad and little brother. Helped some friends get tickets as well with the member presale code in the afternoon :D

I was really proud I got 6 tickets with preorder pre sale en preorder spotify, turns out it is still not sold out.....

• 1 month later...

The Nijmegen hotels are apparently sold out, so we're thinking of staying in Amsterdam. Problem is, the hotels there are so damn expensive, so we'll have to stay somewhere near the airport I guess. There is a company that has organized buses Amsterdam-Nijmegen-Amsterdam, and it's not cheap at all, but what other options do we have? And I hate it only leaves in the afternoon, which means we won't really have time to see Nijmegen at all, and we'll be travelling from the other side of Europe.

Anyway, if more people will stay around the airport area maybe we can convince them to make a stop there. We're 4, but they need more people to make an extra stop. Here's the company (if anyone's found another company pls let me know...)

https://www.eventtravel.nl/en/busreis-Muse-Nijmegen-Goffertpark/

• 3 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 4:02 PM, FE said:

The Nijmegen hotels are apparently sold out, so we're thinking of staying in Amsterdam. Problem is, the hotels there are so damn expensive, so we'll have to stay somewhere near the airport I guess. There is a company that has organized buses Amsterdam-Nijmegen-Amsterdam, and it's not cheap at all, but what other options do we have? And I hate it only leaves in the afternoon, which means we won't really have time to see Nijmegen at all, and we'll be travelling from the other side of Europe.

Anyway, if more people will stay around the airport area maybe we can convince them to make a stop there. We're 4, but they need more people to make an extra stop. Here's the company (if anyone's found another company pls let me know...)

https://www.eventtravel.nl/en/busreis-Muse-Nijmegen-Goffertpark/

All of them? Dont'look at the hotels in the package, they aren't all hotels we have.

The Sanquin Sanadome is closest, Bastion is also close by. The Mercure is next to Nijmegen Central train station, the Van Der Valk hotel is in Nijmegen Lent(next to Nijmegen Lent train station). Also check out Credible, Courage, Oranjestaete, Amrath Belvoir, Nimma(a bit futher from the centre),  if you want to go fancy Manna and Blue,  and I'm sure there are more.

Also why go all the way to Amsterdam late at night, if Nijmegen doesn't work out Arnhem is closeby or even Den Bosch is half an hour by train.

Just now, IngeKersten said:

All of them? Dont'look at the hotels in the package, they aren't all hotels we have.

The Sanquin Sanadome is closest, Bastion is also close by. The Mercure is next to Nijmegen Central train station, the Van Der Valk hotel is in Nijmegen Lent(next to Nijmegen Lent train station). Also check out Credible, Courage, Oranjestaete, Amrath Belvoir, Nimma(a bit futher from the centre),  if you want to go fancy Manna and Blue,  and I'm sure there are more.

Also why go all the way to Amsterdam late at night, if Nijmegen doesn't work out Arnhem is closeby or even Den Bosch is half an hour by train.

oh by closest I mean closest to the Goffertpark. The Sanquin Sanadome also has thermal baths.

And taking the bus to Amsterdam will probably mean you will be in a traffic jam after the concert....

• 2 weeks later...

@IngeKersten, thanks for that list, I was having trouble finding a hotel too. A lot of those listed are actually already booked for the 27th (looks like a lot of Muse fans are booking hotels), but a few still have some rooms.

I'm actually still doubting about getting a hotel. I'd much rather go home and sleep in my own bed, but I'd have to leave before 22:30 to make it by public transport. On the other hand, the early time on the ticket might mean they'll start and finish the gig early enough for people to get back home. I'm also wondering if the NS might end up scheduling an extra train. The problem of course is that I won't know the answer to either of those questions until shortly before the concert, and by then even the last hotels are bound to have filled up.

Have to say this is one of those rare occasions where I really, really regret not having a driving license.

Out of curiosity, would anyone from the Den Haag - Delft region be up for renting a bus with a group of Muse fans to drive us to Nijmegen and back?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...