2019.04.04 - Detroit, MI - Little Caesars Arena

halo eighteen

I'll be there with at least one or two others. Really hoping we go back to a more traditional stage setup; the atmosphere was dead the last time they played Detroit. Plus the drone failures :LOL:

No doubt. One of the drones came down in the section right beside where I was sitting. Between the drones malfunctioning and losing the "piano song" because of the stage riser not working, that show was a bit too Spinal Tap. Plus, the crowd was pretty dead.

I plan on getting tickets for the LCA show and, on a bit of a whim, I just bought tickets for the December show at the Aragon in Chicago. I'm curious to see what that show will turn out to be.

Really torn between getting a GA ticket, or a lower bowl. I generally don't like GA but with the huge catwalk this tour, that could make it a little more tolerable. I've almost always gotten excellent seats for Muse presales, though. Seems like the floor took forever to sell out last tour, so I can probably feel out the seat selection first? Probably going solo to this show.

I like the floor but my wife hates standing in crowds. Seats it is then.

We did have great seats though for the last show at JLA. Only about 6 rows up from the floor, dead center. Plus the Drones didn't fall on us there.

I think I would've actually preferred 6 rows up. We "scored" front row of lower bowl center as well, but it was pretty much on par with the floor. Maybe a couple inches above, if that. I'm very short, which is the whole point of doing seats so that defeated the entire purpose :LOL:

Fortunately that whole center stage setup meant that there weren't too many heads to see over, but yeah. I think there was a close call with a drone, but that was more comical than anything.

Well that was annoying af. Got to the end of the waiting line and then it tried telling me the presale wasn't until 1pm? Kept refreshing and it finally let me in. Tried grabbing front row of 109 only to have it snatched away.. had my phone pulled up and was just about to give in and buy GA Floor, but then I saw another front row 109 pull up on my computer so I grabbed it. So I'll be in 109 row 1 seat 8, solo!

$120 though!!! Jeez. And I apparently don't learn from history because I opted for what's probably going to be ground level seating. Oh, I'm a smart one.

Edited by halo eighteen

Well that was annoying af. Got to the end of the waiting line and then it tried telling me the presale wasn't until 1pm? Kept refreshing and it finally let me in. Tried grabbing front row of 109 only to have it snatched away.. had my phone pulled up and was just about to give in and buy GA Floor, but then I saw another front row 109 pull up on my computer so I grabbed it. So I'll be in 109 row 1 seat 8, solo!

$120 though!!! Jeez.

Same exact thing happened to me. Sent me back to the original page for like 5 minutes with no way to get back in. Then randomly auto-refreshed again.

$360 for three floor tickets is bonkers (and I paid, so who's the sucker). This had better be a long damn setlist.

Apparently, halo_eighteen isn't the only one who hasn't learned from history.

Maybe they'll play a few OoS songs and b-sides as well.

Edited by Nigel_Tufnel

Apparently, halo_eighteen isn't the only one who hasn't learned from history.

Maybe they'll play a few OoS songs and b-sides as well.

Heh, one of the things that I told my wife years ago is that if they ever do a request-only concert in the U.S. I'm going, regardless of where it is. I honestly don't expect much this time around but they can't keep targeting A-tier concert prices and not give an A-tier concert. Something has to break.

Heh, one of the things that I told my wife years ago is that if they ever do a request-only concert in the U.S. I'm going, regardless of where it is. I honestly don't expect much this time around but they can't keep targeting A-tier concert prices and not give an A-tier concert. Something has to break.

you'd think so, but they sell enough tickets to have not really felt the need to do it in a while. I guess they pull in just enough new fans every album that it makes up for the old ones that drop off!

Sadly, I don't even feel like they're promoting an A-tier album this time around. I guess we'll see how it goes. I'm sure they'll have lots of cool lights.

I couldn't imagine spending $ for a gig if I felt this way. To each their own!

I couldn't imagine spending $ for a gig if I felt this way. To each their own!

I do enjoy some of the songs from the new album and it's not like that's all they play. Let's say that I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised that the new material will come to life in concert. Either way, Muse can still be one of the better live bands around on any given night and I've surely spent money in more frivolous ways over the years.

I do enjoy some of the songs from the new album and it's not like that's all they play. Let's say that I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised that the new material will come to life in concert. Either way, Muse can still be one of the better live bands around on any given night and I've surely spent money in more frivolous ways over the years.

Fair enough. I guess we are lucky in that there's always a chance of greatness, even if we aren't expecting it.

I still see bands like U2, Green Day etc. on a fairly regular basis when they tour. Even though their best albums seem to be behind them, they still put on great shows.

I saw Arctic Monkeys earlier this year for the first time. I wouldn't say that Tranquility Base was their best album by a long shot but it was still a pretty awesome show. Muse could really take some cues from them when putting together their set lists.

• 4 months later...

I looked up parking options for this arena, and it says :  "Parking hours differ based on the individual garage or surface lot, and based on the event.  Parking facilities open a minimum of three hours before the scheduled event and are open two hours after the conclusion of the event."  

I'd like to get there early to get a good spot, but don't know if the parking lots will be open.  Any of  you have experience with parking for this venue?