2019.06.01 - London, UK - London Stadium

Jobby

hiya

yeah i spoke to them this morning , they said it shouldnt be a problem and was seating available but had to be passed to accounts. i was fine with until they mentioned it could be up to 72 hrs, which takes us well passed general sale -hence less/no tickets left. first time ive changed anything with ticketmaster so not sure how good they are at responding. general customer service/ disability phone numbers i can find, unless there is a direct accounts one

Oh well .. Ticketmaster can’t get us 4 seats together lower tier ambulant seats or not .. nor 2 ambulants & 2 normal next to it ... wonderful .. running with a blind man it is ! Should be fun 😩, Any1 had experience of managing to get GA seating ? Bearing in mind we won’t get there till about 3pm earliest

Oh well .. Ticketmaster can’t get us 4 seats together lower tier ambulant seats or not .. nor 2 ambulants & 2 normal next to it ... wonderful .. running with a blind man it is ! Should be fun 😩, Any1 had experience of managing to get GA seating ? Bearing in mind we won’t get there till about 3pm earliest

Could you try on the venue presale? If you are successful, you can resell your GA tickets via Twickets. Good luck!

Sorry, I should have said MuseBay. There's a sticky about reselling.

Edited by manana

Say he wants to do something other than do the big London show. Books London show.

Same as it ever was :chuckle: Still thinking of a non-UK pairing though, if not sure where.

The pitch is gigantic because it was an Olympic Stadium. Extra wide on the sides for all the track and field activities.

For all our fellow Musers in the UK, what stadium is the best for concerts?

Indeed. I'm pretty sure as well that the retractable seating it has when football is played goes back for these, so the seats are even further back than in a normal football stadium. Can imagine as a performer it looks pretty sweet though.

Best for me has been Wembley of the London shows, but mainly because the Emirates was painful to get out of afterwards and the Olympic Stadium may well be likewise. Twickenham, I gather, is also awful to get out of, although I was unable to get tickets to U2 there so don't have any real ability to compare it.

The pitch is gigantic because it was an Olympic Stadium. Extra wide on the sides for all the track and field activities.

For all our fellow Musers in the UK, what stadium is the best for concerts?

TBH best stadium I've seen gigs in is the Millennium Stadium but Muse have never bothered playing it. :rolleyes:

No idea where this Bristol show disappeared to so London it is. :happy:

So I got up this morning really expecting another London date. Is Bristol still a thing or are they just going to have a giant gap between London and Manchester?

I guess they're just gonna spend that week visiting family and friends in the UK then?

Quite something Paris and Milan already are sold out with second nights announced while for here, it looks like a huge quantity of tickets are still waiting for buyers. Wonder if they suffered a bit for the extra wait pushing the sale back a further week from payday.

I still imagine Bristol might well happen tbf. Though fuck knows when they'll announce it.

Yeap, disappointed here. Expected to see the London gig to sell out quickly and an extra date added.

Have they lost a few fans or are the ticket prices getting a bit too high? If the change in direction has lost some older fans it could gain them some new one's but maybe it's to soon for the new one's to get on board yet.

Speaking as an older fan, I'm okay with the new direction (although I adored Drones), but won't be going the London Stadium gig, and I'm only in Oxfordshire.

The price doesn't help, but it's mainly the venue that's putting me off: the running track means the seats are a long way back from the pitch; East London is impossible to get back from by train the same night on a Saturday, which means paying for a hotel; and frankly I feel disconnected from the band in a big stadium and end up watching the screens - I don't want a 'show' with lots of extra stuff because otherwise people at the back can see bog-all, I just want the band giving it 100% on stage.

Anyone know how close or far away it is to selling out?

I don't want a 'show' with lots of extra stuff because otherwise people at the back can see bog-all, I just want the band giving it 100% on stage.

Tbf they say part of the reason they wanna strip back the tech is so people can focus on them, as well as the other people on stage, so they’re concious of the crowd not losing sight of them. We’ll have to see how it’s gonna line up.

Edited by Jobby

Plenty of tickets still available. Price & new material, in my view. The two together made me wonder if this might be the first tour I'd miss out on, but of course I bit in the end.

All stadia gigs are rubbish really - any joy from the event is quickly sucked out in the interminable trudge out. It was grim after The Stones last summer, defo.

Quite something Paris and Milan already are sold out with second nights announced while for here, it looks like a huge quantity of tickets are still waiting for buyers. Wonder if they suffered a bit for the extra wait pushing the sale back a further week from payday.

I still imagine Bristol might well happen tbf. Though fuck knows when they'll announce it.

Matt says they wanna play a West Country show but investigating shows in Devon first.

Matt says they wanna play a West Country show but investigating shows in Devon first.

Oooooo

That’d be a must go

Kept thinking the Den shows in Teignmouth pre-Resistance were the last Devon gigs before recalling they did Exeter on the Psycho Tour.

That would be quite cool though. Or indeed if they somehow ended up in a position to play both concerts. But then not sure how complex the stage-show is, or indeed if the plan was to bring multiple stages.

I do wonder whether the negativity towards this stadium with regards to how far away you are from the action when watching West Ham play football, has had an impact. It was built for athletics, so it is not the usual stadium shape. The seating capacity for football is 57k, but rises to 80k for gigs when pitch standing comes in to play - considering you also lose the seats at one end for the gigs, this increase in capacity for the gigs, shows how far back the seats are.

Although Muse are still popular in the UK, I also wonder whether they are as popular as they were when they played stadiums in London over two days in 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Although they still have a hardcore following in the UK, I feel that those with a casual interest in seeing their gigs or buying their albums has dwindled. I know people who have been to one of their stadium gigs in London or have a bought a Muse album in the past, who still like them, but would no longer think about going to see them or buy their latest album. At the same time, I am not sure that Muse are picking up enough new young fans to replace those people who no longer go to Muse gigs or buy their albums.

I do wonder whether the negativity towards this stadium with regards to how far away you are from the action when watching West Ham play football, has had an impact. It was built for athletics, so it is not the usual stadium shape. The seating capacity for football is 57k, but rises to 80k for gigs when pitch standing comes in to play - considering you also lose the seats at one end for the gigs, this increase in capacity for the gigs, shows how far back the seats are.

Although Muse are still popular in the UK, I also wonder whether they are as popular as they were when they played stadiums in London over two days in 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Although they still have a hardcore following in the UK, I feel that those with a casual interest in seeing their gigs or buying their albums has dwindled. I know people who have been to one of their stadium gigs in London or have a bought a Muse album in the past, who still like them, but would no longer think about going to see them or buy their latest album. At the same time, I am not sure that Muse are picking up enough new young fans to replace those people who no longer go to Muse gigs or buy their albums.

People were negative watching West Ham long before they moved to this stadium..

I think the second night will come but a some of their long term fanbase has drifted away. They've become a bucketlist band who play all the time so difficult to maintain that peak demand unless they take a year or two out..