2019.06.01 - London, UK - London Stadium

Jobby

1 hour ago, stevie g said:

Do you think they would show the goals from the champions league final onscreen or come on later for people to watch this game?

Just unfortunate timing!

I don't think they'll go on later.
They might show it up until the band comes on, but probably not on the stage screens.

Last year, or whenever it was, I saw Chic. It was the same day England got knocked out of the world cup. They hired a big screen (gig was outside) and they showed the game up to before the penalties at the back of the field, and the support just didn't bother playing (Was only a DJ though). Those who cared, watched it on their phones while Chic came on stage. Some with loud blaring crappy phone sound, which was very annoying.

I'm sorta torn about the whole thing, luckily i'm going to manchester anway. I think showing it in the lobby is a good idea, but it depends if they'll pay for the broadcasting rights. And I think I know which option the venue would pick!!

Hi! I have two VIP 1 (PRE SHOW PARTY)  tickets (GA8 2&3) tickets for 1 June gig, which, having just had a total knee replacement (unexpectedly early) I am unable to use. I can barely walk if nothing else!

They cost a lot of money and any sensible offer will be seriously considered.

Please contact me if you could use them.

Mike

So, less than a week to go until London Stadium - but I cannot find anything about who is supporting, and what the timings are. Does anyone have any info? Many thanks!

I was meant to be going as a big group but one of my gang has been struck down with an illness and been in hospital, so she and her partner cannot come 😞

Sad to see tickets still available for the gig. I haven't been back to this stadium since the Olympics, will be interested to gauge how it works for a music gig...

How would any of us know? 🤔

They could break out Showbiz in full so far as we know.

The two European sets so far have mirrored the US ones though, the first with the addition of Undisclosed Desires, so it’s fair to assume the UK sets are going to be fairly similar.

There are SO many tickets on Twickets. Like hundreds for Saturday alone. You can get standing for £40-£50.

This tour is shaping up to be a real stinker. I’m sorry, but the set they’re playing right now is garbage. It’s just about as safe and predictable as could be. The fact they’re not changing anything at all night to night (with the exception of simply adding - ergh - UD a couple of nights ago) must make it a remarkably dull show to tour too.

After seeing the last 2 set lists for Europe, I’m afraid I have to agree with you. I have never felt so unenthusiastic about a Muse gig. I’m really hoping that they pull something out of the bag for their home crowds considering the amount we’ve paid, but I  think the only surprise we (might) get is a jam with Matt and Tom Morello....but I’m probably clutching at straws there too!!  Really hoping they’ll prove me wrong and it’ll be an absolute belter!! 😬😂

I am taking  my 17 year old son to his first concert and I have some general admission tickets. Does anybody know if there is a golden circle and how we would be able to get access to it? Any help would be.much appreciated. Enjoy the concert 😀

On 5/28/2019 at 4:27 PM, kingfisher0263 said:

Support acts have been known for a while pal, on the news board. It's Tom Morello and Pale Waves.

Searched on those and can find discussion but no actual announcement.

Anyway, the other question remains about timings, though main concern for me is when it ends and how long it will take to get out. Trains to catch and all that.

20 minutes ago, tjmoore said:

Searched on those and can find discussion but no actual announcement.

Yeah, it isn’t clear, but there is an official graphic on Muse Twitter feed which states special guest Tom Morello and Pale Waves supporting. Bit of a low-key way to disseminate information, as it would be clearer to have on the tour page by the date, they haven’t done that though.

I get a feeling they’ll pull out something for this gig, or at some point in the UK. Maybe a Blockades or TV, maybe something old like Unintended. If they’re finally gonna start switching things up a smidge, now would be the time. The heavy heavy production has backed them into a a corner variety-wise unfortunately. So few songs don’t have something scripted happening.

That said, for those disappointed w/ song choice, I do think this show is more than that because of the production. It’s almost like seeing an impressive theatre show on he whole, just with a band. All the little connecting bits like the Interstitials, Close Encounters, Pray, Drill Sgt. and Guitar Noise all genuinely link the show together and add a lot imo. Even the pre-show playlist is all retro sci-fi horror music. Won’t matter to some but it really worked for me.

17 hours ago, MARKOLIVER said:

I am taking  my 17 year old son to his first concert and I have some general admission tickets. Does anybody know if there is a golden circle and how we would be able to get access to it? Any help would be.much appreciated. Enjoy the concert 😀

Think there is and tmk it’s a first come, first served type of system. From people who’ve gone in the past apparently the first few however many people get wristbands that let them in.

Edited by Jobby

Ah, not being a sportball fan, I hadn't realised about the clash.  Doesn't bother me, but I do wonder how empty the place will be - still not sold out and lots of people wanting to be somewhere else...

Crikey - a quick look at Twickets, which has 390 tickets advertised for Saturday, with a total asking price of over £22,000.  Would happily have paid £30, rather than the £90 or so I paid for my tickets!

People asking about GA tickets - they're standing and L1 unreserved seating, so you get to stand/sit where you like - I like this arrangement.  If you're not bothered about getting too close to the barrier, you can sit for support, and then head onto the pitch for the headliners - the best kind of tickets!

What's it like as a venue?  It was brilliant for the Olympics.  I thought it was pretty ropey for the Stones last year, but I had fairly rubbish seats - hopefully it's better nearer the bottom.  Getting out after the Stones was painful.  I remember it being less controlled, and much quicker/easier at the Olympics - I could make it to the train in 20 mins from the stadium back then.

On timings, the stadium website has this - not fantastically helpful, mind:

10:30am: Ticket office opens

4.00pm: Stadium Island opens

5.00pm: Stadium doors open

5.00pm: Hospitality food & beverage packages begin

6:00pm: Show starts

10.30pm: Event curfew

11.30 pm: Hospitality areas close

Edited by AlecSp

Gonna be a squeeze for me getting back to the coach station for 23:40 😬 hopefully I can weave through the queues going out, would rather not skip Knights but we’ll see

I set off at 10pm tonight so my excitement starts now, fingers crossed for a new ST song and maaaybe even a Map or Bliss boyos 🤞

Does anyone know if stage times are likely to be posted for this gig anywhere? Does the London Stadium twitter account tend to tweet stage times?

All I can find so far is from the Ticketmaster email: "Last entrance is scheduled for 30 minutes after the beginning of the headline act (9pm)" - does that mean Muse begin at 8:30 or 9?

Edited by musefanlondon

20 hours ago, AlecSp said:

10:30am: Ticket office opens

4.00pm: Stadium Island opens

5.00pm: Stadium doors open

5.00pm: Hospitality food & beverage packages begin

6:00pm: Show starts

10.30pm: Event curfew

11.30 pm: Hospitality areas close

What does "stadium island opens" mean?  Do they not let people up to the venue until then?  How will that work with people queuing early - I assumed there would be a queue at each turnstile?

Also, is the only way to get there to get to stratford station and then walk a mile?  Ugh

Ticketmaster advice: https://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/img/static/pdf/muse/Muse-Event-Reminder-Email.pdf

Including walking map: https://www.london-stadium.com/sites/londonstadium.com/files/media/map-02-walking-bridges_0.pdf

and general on getting there: https://www.london-stadium.com/plan-your-visit/gettinghere

Tube/trains are generally a bit of a walk, though Stratford isn't the only option but probably the main one and the one they'll likely push people towards. TfL journey planner factors in walking reasonably well, I've tried others and end up with little options getting home as they assume you're not going to walk 20 mins.

https://tfl.gov.uk/

Also, Ticketmaster still selling tickets.

13 hours ago, hyena17 said:

What does "stadium island opens" mean?  Do they not let people up to the venue until then?  How will that work with people queuing early - I assumed there would be a queue at each turnstile?

Also, is the only way to get there to get to stratford station and then walk a mile?  Ugh

Presumably, early people will queue at the bridges - it'll be pretty obvious.

And yes, for most people, it's the walk from Stratford - which doesn't really feel that long when you do it.  It's the walk out that's worse, as they tend to send you the long way round - I think it's become more controlled than ever since West Ham moved in.

Of course, the other option is to drive - but it can take an age to get out of the car parks.