Jump to content
halo eighteen

2019.02.22 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

Recommended Posts

Hey ya'll,

My boyfriend and I will be attending this show on the 22nd. We live in northern Mississippi and we will be driving in. I'm not from the area and I haven't been to a concert at this venue so I was wondering if you guys could help us out. We have floor seats and we wanna get close to the stage (who doesn't). It's my boyfriend's first concert (which is insane cause he is 28) and I decided to make Muse his first one cause he loves them! I figured we needed to get there super early and be one of the first ones in, but I don't know when they start letting people in or how they go about letting people onto the floor. I haven't been to a concert in 10+ years so I'm a little rusty at this myself. Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks ya'll! Hope to see you there! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, PitifulSoul09 said:

Hey ya'll,

My boyfriend and I will be attending this show on the 22nd. We live in northern Mississippi and we will be driving in. I'm not from the area and I haven't been to a concert at this venue so I was wondering if you guys could help us out. We have floor seats and we wanna get close to the stage (who doesn't). It's my boyfriend's first concert (which is insane cause he is 28) and I decided to make Muse his first one cause he loves them! I figured we needed to get there super early and be one of the first ones in, but I don't know when they start letting people in or how they go about letting people onto the floor. I haven't been to a concert in 10+ years so I'm a little rusty at this myself. Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks ya'll! Hope to see you there! 

 

Well, from what we know, there appears to be a long catwalk and B-stage, so that gives you more options to be "close to the stage" than your normal straight endstage.  BUT there will be VIPs getting to the floor before "normal" GA, so you may still want to go early.  I def wouldn't go any later than 10am if you want actual first row.  If you are ok with 2nd row, you can probably get that an hour before doors.  There should be one GA queue and entrance from what I remember from last time.  VIPs will prob have a different entrance/queue.  Doors are at 6:30 for normal GA tix. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iLikeCorvettes said:

Yes, I’m doing that. What all do you need to know?

What time do you suggest would be the best to arrive to get a good spot? I know we get to go in earlier, but I do not know what time. I haven't received any emails. Likewise any tips you can think of being in GA. This is my first GA concert. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anava2 said:

What time do you suggest would be the best to arrive to get a good spot? I know we get to go in earlier, but I do not know what time. I haven't received any emails. Likewise any tips you can think of being in GA. This is my first GA concert. Thank you!

I showed up 2-3 hours early (I think) to the show in Austin back in 2017 and was able to get almost to the barrier. I had one or two people in front of me and I was standing in front of Matt’s microphone. I also had vip for that concert so we got to go in 15-30 minutes before the rest of the GA people went in but they did it in groups for some reason. Not sure if that’s how it’ll be this time around or if they’ll just let us all go at once. Most venues let you in with a closed water bottle. I would take one just in case because it can get pretty hot down there 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selling one VIP GA ticket for this show. Let me know if you’re interested. It’s the VIP package with the early entry  and lunchbox but doesn’t come with the VR games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shostakobitch said:

does anyone know if the arcade is only for enhanced experience ticketholders? 

Yes, the arcade is only for enhanced experience ticket holders. You had to buy the $400 Enhanced Experience ticket (not the $260 EE) to get access to those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, iLikeCorvettes said:

Yes, the arcade is only for enhanced experience ticket holders. You had to buy the $400 Enhanced Experience ticket (not the $260 EE) to get access to those. 

$0.25 i guess is not an option then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister and I will be there. She got us vip. I haven't been to a Muse show in 6 years and that time we got in the queue early, I was second in. How early do vip queue up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure to be honest and wondering the same thing. I'm thinking maybe I will try to be there at least an hour before doors open? I have been waiting for the email with the details on how the VIP will work. Supposedly it was within 48-72 hours before the show, but I have yet to see anything. 😕 By any chance have you received anything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, foureyedgirl said:

My sister and I will be there. She got us vip. I haven't been to a Muse show in 6 years and that time we got in the queue early, I was second in. How early do vip queue up? 

Ooops did not quote you the first time. I'm not sure to be honest and wondering the same thing. I'm thinking maybe I will try to be there at least an hour before doors open? I have been waiting for the email with the details on how the VIP will work. Supposedly it was within 48-72 hours before the show, but I have yet to see anything. 😕 By any chance have you received anything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, anava2 said:

Ooops did not quote you the first time. I'm not sure to be honest and wondering the same thing. I'm thinking maybe I will try to be there at least an hour before doors open? I have been waiting for the email with the details on how the VIP will work. Supposedly it was within 48-72 hours before the show, but I have yet to see anything. 😕 By any chance have you received anything? 

Okay, yeah I was thinking along the same lines too, an hour or so before. I just texted my sister (she's the one who ordered the tickets for us) and asked her. As soon as I hear from her, I'll let ya know. It's stange they haven't sent anything yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, anava2 said:

Ooops did not quote you the first time. I'm not sure to be honest and wondering the same thing. I'm thinking maybe I will try to be there at least an hour before doors open? I have been waiting for the email with the details on how the VIP will work. Supposedly it was within 48-72 hours before the show, but I have yet to see anything. 😕 By any chance have you received anything? 

I just heard back from my sister, she has not received anything either. 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got the email, so check your emails! We're the premium level, not the enhanced experience.  But I'd assume everyone is getting their emails regardless of the tier?

Edited by foureyedgirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foureyedgirl said:

We just got the email, so check your emails! We're the premium level, not the enhanced experience.  But I'd assume everyone is getting their emails regardless of the tier?

I got my email about an hour ago. Went to my spam folder. It says doors open to the public at 6:30 but it doesn’t say when they open for those of us with early entry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 10:18 PM, iLikeCorvettes said:

Selling one VIP GA ticket for this show. Let me know if you’re interested. It’s the VIP package with the early entry  and lunchbox but doesn’t come with the VR games

Marking price down to $150. Face value plus fees was $275

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

How long is the queue ?! Is anybody queing already? We need to know!

Let's keep this thread for attendees. Feel free to make the live gig thread to keep up on current gigs for non-attendees in the tour section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good idea, then people who don't want spoilers can avoid it haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

How long is the queue ?! Is anybody queing already? We need to know!

About 45 people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gig was amazing, as expected. We were on the front barrier, queued early and didn’t (refuse to) do the VIP. The graphics were great and I loved the giant alien and the human/robots!!! It was a little Cirque du Soleil on occasions and I wasn’t sure about the “dancer-type” people either...but this is Muse so anything can happen. Muse were on top form!!! A long setlist too :) The support act, Walk the Moon, we just “not my cup of tea” to put it politely...it was like watching an 80’s pop band, even with the haircuts. Why they were chosen as support, I do not know. Muse though....FAB!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wildwilly said:

Hey Houston crowd - how was the first gig? 

Show was ridiculous. More than made up for the expectedly mediocre setlist. Few nice surprises here and there, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dehghanpir said:

Show was ridiculous. More than made up for the expectedly mediocre setlist. Few nice surprises here and there, though.

So how many muse shows have you been to? How would you like this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...