2019.02.22 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

halo eighteen

Hey ya'll,

My boyfriend and I will be attending this show on the 22nd. We live in northern Mississippi and we will be driving in. I'm not from the area and I haven't been to a concert at this venue so I was wondering if you guys could help us out. We have floor seats and we wanna get close to the stage (who doesn't). It's my boyfriend's first concert (which is insane cause he is 28) and I decided to make Muse his first one cause he loves them! I figured we needed to get there super early and be one of the first ones in, but I don't know when they start letting people in or how they go about letting people onto the floor. I haven't been to a concert in 10+ years so I'm a little rusty at this myself. Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks ya'll! Hope to see you there! 

54 minutes ago, PitifulSoul09 said:

Hey ya'll,

My boyfriend and I will be attending this show on the 22nd. We live in northern Mississippi and we will be driving in. I'm not from the area and I haven't been to a concert at this venue so I was wondering if you guys could help us out. We have floor seats and we wanna get close to the stage (who doesn't). It's my boyfriend's first concert (which is insane cause he is 28) and I decided to make Muse his first one cause he loves them! I figured we needed to get there super early and be one of the first ones in, but I don't know when they start letting people in or how they go about letting people onto the floor. I haven't been to a concert in 10+ years so I'm a little rusty at this myself. Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks ya'll! Hope to see you there! 

Well, from what we know, there appears to be a long catwalk and B-stage, so that gives you more options to be "close to the stage" than your normal straight endstage.  BUT there will be VIPs getting to the floor before "normal" GA, so you may still want to go early.  I def wouldn't go any later than 10am if you want actual first row.  If you are ok with 2nd row, you can probably get that an hour before doors.  There should be one GA queue and entrance from what I remember from last time.  VIPs will prob have a different entrance/queue.  Doors are at 6:30 for normal GA tix. 

6 hours ago, iLikeCorvettes said:

Yes, I’m doing that. What all do you need to know?

What time do you suggest would be the best to arrive to get a good spot? I know we get to go in earlier, but I do not know what time. I haven't received any emails. Likewise any tips you can think of being in GA. This is my first GA concert. Thank you!

3 hours ago, anava2 said:

What time do you suggest would be the best to arrive to get a good spot? I know we get to go in earlier, but I do not know what time. I haven't received any emails. Likewise any tips you can think of being in GA. This is my first GA concert. Thank you!

I showed up 2-3 hours early (I think) to the show in Austin back in 2017 and was able to get almost to the barrier. I had one or two people in front of me and I was standing in front of Matt’s microphone. I also had vip for that concert so we got to go in 15-30 minutes before the rest of the GA people went in but they did it in groups for some reason. Not sure if that’s how it’ll be this time around or if they’ll just let us all go at once. Most venues let you in with a closed water bottle. I would take one just in case because it can get pretty hot down there 

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure to be honest and wondering the same thing. I'm thinking maybe I will try to be there at least an hour before doors open? I have been waiting for the email with the details on how the VIP will work. Supposedly it was within 48-72 hours before the show, but I have yet to see anything. 😕 By any chance have you received anything? 

24 minutes ago, foureyedgirl said:

My sister and I will be there. She got us vip. I haven't been to a Muse show in 6 years and that time we got in the queue early, I was second in. How early do vip queue up? 

Ooops did not quote you the first time. I'm not sure to be honest and wondering the same thing. I'm thinking maybe I will try to be there at least an hour before doors open? I have been waiting for the email with the details on how the VIP will work. Supposedly it was within 48-72 hours before the show, but I have yet to see anything. 😕 By any chance have you received anything? 

8 minutes ago, anava2 said:

Ooops did not quote you the first time. I'm not sure to be honest and wondering the same thing. I'm thinking maybe I will try to be there at least an hour before doors open? I have been waiting for the email with the details on how the VIP will work. Supposedly it was within 48-72 hours before the show, but I have yet to see anything. 😕 By any chance have you received anything? 

Okay, yeah I was thinking along the same lines too, an hour or so before. I just texted my sister (she's the one who ordered the tickets for us) and asked her. As soon as I hear from her, I'll let ya know. It's stange they haven't sent anything yet. 

15 minutes ago, anava2 said:

I just heard back from my sister, she has not received anything either. 😕 

1 hour ago, foureyedgirl said:

We just got the email, so check your emails! We're the premium level, not the enhanced experience.  But I'd assume everyone is getting their emails regardless of the tier?

I got my email about an hour ago. Went to my spam folder. It says doors open to the public at 6:30 but it doesn’t say when they open for those of us with early entry

13 hours ago, wildwilly said:

So how many muse shows have you been to? How would you like this one?

10th show (going back to 2006) and by far, my favorite show. The performance was just awesome. The 24 song setlist (with the heavy medley only counting as one song) was clutch. People will complain about the shortened songs in the medley, but I’d rather see them play a 10 minute medley rather than Stockholm (my favorite Muse song) in full. 

• Like 1