Reddit vs the Muse board

Citizen_Eraser

Lads idk how to say this without feeling soft but I’m not sure that’s a 100% groovy term if ya feel me

Edit: have to add that apparently someone in that Reddit thread read through all of the SBE and La Cigale gig threads and it was just people criticising Matt’s voice at the gigs :LOL: at what point does an innaccuracy become just a lie

Edited by Jobby

Lads idk how to say this without feeling soft but I’m not sure that’s a 100% groovy term if ya feel me

it ain't good, that's for sure.

at the risk of getting off-topic, what is the current status of 'fag' in the UK? not up to speed...

still solely referring to cigarettes? or has it taken on the more universal connotation?

still solely referring to cigarettes? or has it taken on the more universal connotation?

Mainly cigs, occasionally as a slur.

You guys took it too seriously.. I mostly meant it to describe people that have been around for long time, and just that. :p

Ik there wasn’t any intent on your part behind it but that is where those terms come from

You guys took it too seriously.. I mostly meant it to describe people that have been around for long time, and just that. :p

Mainly cigs, occasionally as a slur.

Ik there wasn’t any intent on your part behind it but that is where those terms come from

problems solved.

It's good and all to move away from slurs but it is just kinda an internet colloquialism in many ways detached from original intent it's something I'd let fly.

To actually respond to the post, the long term discussion is something I like. Reddit can get too rapid. And I suppose, if you come from Reddit, seeing everyone list their gigs, the songs they've seen, all the special concerts they go to, it looks more like a brag when there's nothing close to that self-labeling in your own community.

And yeah Reddit is more casual filled and noob filled but that happens when you're the main place to go to.

It's good and all to move away from slurs but it is just kinda an internet colloquialism in many ways detached from original intent it's something I'd let fly.

Yeah my bad anyway I shouldn't have used it in first place.

And I suppose, if you come from Reddit, seeing everyone list their gigs, the songs they've seen, all the special concerts they go to, it looks more like a brag when there's nothing close to that self-labeling in your own community.

Yup, on Reddit it's pretty difficult to express yourself like that, the comments only have your username and unless you remember a username, it feels like everyone is anonymous. There are user flairs, but they are nothing like signatures, and even with the new redesign, they are extremely limited to what you can do with them.

I know on this board you may think I am relatively young at Muse and the rest of it. My first album I bought from Muse was Showbiz in 99. My first gig was 2002. And after that many. Yes I am old now, with grey hair starting to grow.

But I have something to say: what is on Reddit forget it.

Edited by Meisver

I'll try to not be biased here (I mod that shit place :LOL: ). But both places have their place in the community and I feel like it comes down to preference. Reddit is terrible for having on-going discussion because of how posts die out after 24 hours because of algorithm, but it's good for quality content (when it gets posted). I've only joined the boards only recently, but I feel like the people here are more knowledgeable about Muse (more people that have been around longer) than on Reddit, and it is refreshing to visit this place not having to mod it. :LOL: I mostly use Reddit nowadays for everything community wise, I used to be a forum person before that. Currently this board is the only forum I browse.

Same. I enjoy both forums. I suppose I should have named it differently to avoid conflict— totally my fault. The muse subreddit has a lot of great current information, and I enjoy reading the in depth discussions here. They supplement each other well. Reddit is just a bit too all over the place for me to regularly post there.

Rarely ever visit r/Muse, mainly due to Reddit's awful interface.

I felt like creating a separate thread for this (especially with this title) would be a bad idea for exactly this reason.

Not ‘cos people from the Reddit will do us an ‘epic burn lol’ with top text/bottom text memes, but because it’ll create a needless sense of conflict/competition that’ll no doubt result in cringy shit I’d rather not see.

I avoid the Reddit to be safe from that ffs

Ngl, eight years ago, I would've reveled in that.

Have a lot of people from muselive gone to reddit? I always wonder what happened to them.

I'm glad .mu is still going -- sadly other forums I used to frequent are flatout gone. While I miss the days when it was super active, it's definitely more relaxed and balanced than it used to be. I never feel worried someone's going to bite my head off like I used to.

Something which bothers me about reddit in general is that between the interface and repeated memes, everyone just blurs together rather than having distinct personalities. The smaller subreddits are about as close to forums as I guess you can find these days, but I miss real communities like this.

Some reddit subs are great even if they're big. For example /r/nba is probably the best place there now and it has 1m+ people.

It's the amount of people who just pop in once or twice to say the same thing someone else said and then never come back that annoys me on /r/muse

Also I'll say I've had more fun on /r/muse's Discord. Given its the same community largely it shows how much the platform plays into it for me. Plus it's more like casual chat where I can leave the more in depth discussion to the forum.

Now that's something I could enjoy probably, and for many people it'd be a nice substitute for the Muse chat having been removed.