Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
forevermusic

2019.06.30 - Rock Werchter Festival, Werchter, Belgium

Recommended Posts

So heavily considering going - only sticking point left is travel.

Anyone else going or been before that could tell me the best way or how easy it is to get back to the Brussels airport after the show? Not been to a festival in a foreign country before and I know they’re not usually exactly right next to a train/bus station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jobby said:

So heavily considering going - only sticking point left is travel.

Anyone else going or been before that could tell me the best way or how easy it is to get back to the Brussels airport after the show? Not been to a festival in a foreign country before and I know they’re not usually exactly right next to a train/bus station.

Not sure about Brussels Airport, but after the festival there is a free shuttle back to Leuven station, from there you can get a shuttle bus (18€ I think) to Brussel Zuid station, then you could take a train to the airport, although not sure how early in the morning the first one is, probably around 5 am. Brussel Zuid is also where the Eurostar leaves, maybe that's something to consider too.

Or you can wait at Leuven station till 5 am as well for the first train to Brussels Airport, since your train ticket is included in the ticket for the festival anyway (you'll have to pay a small supplement for the airport though).

 

Edited by kipkolibri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kipkolibri said:

Not sure about Brussels Airport, but after the festival there is a free shuttle back to Leuven station, from there you can get a shuttle bus (18€ I think) to Brussel Zuid station, then you could take a train to the airport, although not sure how early in the morning the first one is, probably around 5 am. Brussel Zuid is also where the Eurostar leaves, maybe that's something to consider too.

Or you can wait at Leuven station till 5 am as well for the first train to Brussels Airport, since your train ticket is included in the ticket for the festival anyway (you'll have to pay a small supplement for the airport though).

 

Thankya ❤️

Had a look at work today and it seems like there’s a train straight between the airport (a stop called Brussels Airport Zaventem?) and Leuven that runs long enough for me to catch after the show. I’ll have to see if the free train ticket includes that stop but, either way, it sounds doable. Doesn’t sound as far away from civilisation as I know some festivals can be :chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Thankya ❤️

Had a look at work today and it seems like there’s a train straight between the airport (a stop called Brussels Airport Zaventem?) and Leuven that runs long enough for me to catch after the show. I’ll have to see if the free train ticket includes that stop but, either way, it sounds doable. Doesn’t sound as far away from civilisation as I know some festivals can be :chuckle:

Yes the airport is called Brussels Airport Zaventem.

It's not that far in distance, but usually it will take at least an hour (more likely 1,5) from end of gig to Leuven, cause it's quite a walk back to the bus stop and there's going to be a queue as well. So if you stay until the end of the gig and Muse indeed play until 1 am, there's no way you'll be back in Leuven before 2 am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kipkolibri said:

Yes the airport is called Brussels Airport Zaventem.

It's not that far in distance, but usually it will take at least an hour (more likely 1,5) from end of gig to Leuven, cause it's quite a walk back to the bus stop and there's going to be a queue as well. So if you stay until the end of the gig and Muse indeed play until 1 am, there's no way you'll be back in Leuven before 2 am.

Wait, 1am?? I figured we’d just be talking standard festival schedules, like a 10:30/11:00 finish 😮 is RW different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jobby said:

Wait, 1am?? I figured we’d just be talking standard festival schedules, like a 10:30/11:00 finish 😮 is RW different?

Well festivals in Belgium don't finish quite as early as in the UK, Muse are supposed to be on from 22:30 until 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kipkolibri said:

Well festivals in Belgium don't finish quite as early as in the UK, Muse are supposed to be on from 22:30 until 1

Huh, looking at past times they’ve played, that seems right. Can’t believe I never realised. Christ, Belgians are hardcore, I’m usually ready for sleep by then 😂

I doubt they’ll go all the way ‘til 1 unless they start late, probs looking at just under 2 hours for them at a festival. Still, thanks for the heads up though, I’ll need to readjust my thinking a smidge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thatmusicismylife said:

Anyone here want to meet up?

Sure, I'll be the one in the crowd playing air guitar and making forced intense faces. Come join me! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are there any live streams of this or have i missed it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...