2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

I loved the medley! When they started playing Assassin I thought they were going to do all of it, but then they stopped :(. I would have liked to see that one again, but then they did a but of Dead Star! And I love The Handler!

The new songs sounded very good too, Break It To Me was a nice surprise.

Is anyone disappointed they didn't do Megalomania? I had expected them to play it and I had hoped Matt wouldn't want to miss the chance to play that organ again. Showbiz made up for it a bit though.

Also disappointed the merch had apparently sold out before the gig started! I saw some gig-shirts that I would have liked.

Speaking of merch, does anyone know if they will sell this tour's merch online? During the Drones Tour they had a LOT of merch at the gigs that I never saw in the online shop.

Is anyone disappointed they didn't do Megalomania? I had expected them to play it and I had hoped Matt wouldn't want to miss the chance to play that organ again. Showbiz made up for it a bit though.

Yes, I too hoped he would use the organ... Too bad. Loved seeing him abuse the amplifier though...

That was a brilliant gig. I finally got to see Showbiz live and the metal medley was insane.

Yes the flow of the medley wasn't perfect but I personally think that's nitpicking. The band is growing away from its old sound, so the best thing to do to keep people happy is to play the best parts of their heavier songs. It was really intense in the pit for that, my neck still hurts. Now it'll be interesting to see if they shake it up a little throughout the tour.

I just wanna say it’s absolutely sad but Matt saying Starlight was “for all of you” (or something) actually made me go all “awww” internally at the time and still feels sweet now ‘cos I can’t remember the last time I heard him say something like that and it’s the closest I’ll ever come to having a song dedicated to me :LOL::facepalm:

The video’s not really proshot tbf, it’s just streamed on phones. Audio is though tmk. Seen some rips of songs up on YT.

That's a shame. They never pro-shot the one off gig they did at Shepherds Bush either, which really pissed me off. In fact they didn't even stream it.

Did they? I heard something else at the beginning of Uprising. I remember the woman next to me wondering who pavel was, so I explained.

Oh well... maybe I mixed it up:LOL::LOL::LOL: happens when you're emotional, I guess:D

Yes, I too hoped he would use the organ... Too bad. Loved seeing him abuse the amplifier though...

I'd assume a lot of people hoped for that (me included), but I don't really mind they didn't play it in the end. They made up for it by playing Showbiz, two live debuts and those 15 minutes of metal ;)

Jobby..............

Going through my pics of the end of the show, taken form the back of the hall in the Rausing circle, i have a pic that has someone (maybe you) holding up a piece of paper with something written on it and Dom by the front of the stage smiling and looking your way.

If it's you, your welcome to a copy.

Go to davejonesphotography/zenfolio

then gigs, then muse then 'Albert Hall' and take a look and let me know.

As to the gig?

S.B.E tops it, followed by HAARP, then WWZ, then RAH.

I thought a lot of of the songs (medley aside) were truncated and spoiled a few for me, as guitar riffs are Muse. simple.

The Medley was 'interesting' and got me excited but like a nice cake that leaves you bloated, it left me unsatisfied.

Mind you, being on stage for under 90 mins when they could have done 2 hours by coming on earlier is a bit Me-h in my book.

Not the best by a long way, and certainly not the worst.

the crowd wasn't great either. lots of empty seats, including a whole row 5 back from the front, and quite a few tarquins with their 4 year olds in upper boxes, who, like at WWZ, didn't know any songs at all.

Still, Thanks to Hyena for helping my son out, he loved it. It's good to see the boys back, its been way too long since S.B.E. and roll on Lisbon for the next one.

Cheers

Dave

the crowd wasn't great either. lots of empty seats, including a whole row 5 back from the front, and quite a few tarquins with their 4 year olds in upper boxes, who, like at WWZ, didn't know any songs at all.

That's because it's a Prince's Trust event and at least 30% of the seats were given to various VIPs and sponsors, not fans.

That's because it's a Prince's Trust event and at least 30% of the seats were given to various VIPs and sponsors, not fans.

I was in the Rausing Circle, Block Y ("cheap" seats), and almost everyone was standing, singing, and very much into it. It makes such a difference, rather than people talking and looking at their phones the whole time. :stunned:

On the way out, we looked into the posh boxes on Level 2, which had been left open. You would really feel quite isolated if you were in there, with just your champagne and snacks (crisps, macaroons, pretty cakes, etc) to make you feel special. Incidentally, there was loads left over and you could have done a serious snack raid for the journey home.

Jobby..............

Going through my pics of the end of the show, taken form the back of the hall in the Rausing circle, i have a pic that has someone (maybe you) holding up a piece of paper with something written on it and Dom by the front of the stage smiling and looking your way.

Ah, I got dead excited then :LOL: It’s close but not quite me, it wasn’t until the very last drumstick that Dom saw me and he’s still got two in that last picture if I’m looking right. Ah well, the image is burned into my mind anyway, don’t worry

Oh well... maybe I mixed it up:LOL::LOL::LOL: happens when you're emotional, I guess:D

I'd assume a lot of people hoped for that (me included), but I don't really mind they didn't play it in the end. They made up for it by playing Showbiz, two live debuts and those 15 minutes of metal ;)

i guess the people from the RAH were not too keen on Matt performing on the holy organ!

That was a brilliant gig. I finally got to see Showbiz live and the metal medley was insane.

It was really intense in the pit for that, my neck still hurts. Now it'll be interesting to see if they shake it up a little throughout the tour.

My neck and arm still hurting. If they shake this up then better be one on the left side.