2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

Phone duly runs out of power when it finishes. Probably just Dig Down/Starlight/Knights left anyway.

I liked it more than I thought I would.

The stream is barely working for me so I have no idea what’s going on but reading these comments about all of these songs reminds me of when everyone gets dusted in Infinity War.

I don't think its that bad... I hope. :chuckle:

I quite like it, though New Born was a little jarring with the piano. I'm sure it's a lot more fun when you're there.

Yeah the New Born piano was a weird insertion.

Lot to process here, but I can already conclude that i’d much prefer 3 full songs over this medley thing.

This just feels like a move by an aging band getting sick of playing their older songs so they just play some bits for the fans.

I'll be interested to hear what people who went to the RAH in the flesh have to say about it, but yeah. Much as I thought it was nice, I don't know if I'll enjoy it in person as much as hearing the tracks on an individual basis.

I'm definitely not a fan of how this "medley" flows, but it's cool to hear some rarer tracks live in some form, at least. Still a bit shocked that some tracks have been relegated to it though...

Tbf we didn't really have New Born at all on the Drones Tour so...

True, I guess its time is up :(

Dead Cuts have been played on some occasions and fits perfectly.

Of course it's nice to hear bits some of the rare songs we wouldn't get otherwise, but not sure I'm fan of it anyway.

Ah, true that. I just keep forgetting how well Dead Cuts works!

I'm not too sure on the flow of tracks either, but I guess it's much better to be there. I'm sure being present for it is something else entirely

I'll be interested to hear what people who went to the RAH in the flesh have to say about it, but yeah. Much as I thought it was nice, I don't know if I'll enjoy it in person as much as hearing the tracks on an individual basis.

Having enjoyed most of the songs more than once in full from the medley I can say that the medley is nowhere near as good. All my favourite bits got cut out lmao

Having enjoyed most of the songs more than once in full from the medley I can say that the medley is nowhere near as good. All my favourite bits got cut out lmao

Songs are enjoyable because of tension and buildup. Playing bits and bobs destroys all that. Fans like your songwriting Matt, not just the fact that you play decent ‘hard’ riffs in them.

As an American fan, I think I would take the medley at this point over getting just The Handler or something like that. If I wasn't in America I would probably hate it though.

I can understand this. I'm extremely lucky to have heard all the medley songs in full at one point or another and tbh didn't think we'd be getting something like Assassin or Dead Star again, especially at the stadium shows. I'll take it but I get why many would much prefer two or three full songs instead of bits and pieces.