Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

It‘s a bit strange, I just watched a video of Pib at the gig tonight, it‘s still so much daylight! Seems strange with the videowall, or the lights in general, or Matt with his glasses. Maybe they should start later? Depends on the country, I know.

3 hours ago, Claudia O said:

It‘s a bit strange, I just watched a video of Pib at the gig tonight, it‘s still so much daylight! Seems strange with the videowall, or the lights in general, or Matt with his glasses. Maybe they should start later? Depends on the country, I know.

Seen a few comments about that but most places have a curfew of 10:30-11:00 so if they started later it’d just mean shorter shows. Daylight for part of the set just comes with the territory of playing stadium shows during the peak of summer.

• Confused 1

Not very wise to do such a show in stadiums in summer then. Anyway, it‘s a grea5 ahow, and I was lucky and happy  to have enjoyed it indoors 😊

Think they kinda have to since it’s the only time the majority of them are available (sporting off-seasons).

But yeah, I didn’t really notice tbh. A lot of the production draw isn’t really lighting or video-based on this one anyway and the stuff that is tends to come as the sun’s going down. Looking forward to see how things set up at Werchter.

Edited by Jobby

Rock Werchter today, hoping for a livestream! I think they won‘t change the setlist, but I hope they include Bliss or even CE - one can dream ok?

edit: the account „The Gallery gang“ on Twitter asked the team of Rock Werchter about it, sadly there won‘t be a livestream 😕

Edited by Claudia O

On 6/25/2019 at 4:09 PM, Jobby said:

[REDACTED] @ Rock Werchter

you heard it here first

Edit: erased to avoid heavy jinx

Spoilers: it said “incredibly average/just below average kinda disappointing set” folks so I was right, hurrah

Also, are Greta Van Fleet like a parody or social experiment? If so then maybe it’s impressive. Put it this way, I’ve never seen crew actively celebrate (we’re talking hands and knees) an act being over before.

My view from Cologne - weird. Not bad but very weird. The best songs were Plug in Baby and Hysteria. No weirdness like absailing ghost busters or zombie trumpeters, just well performed good songs

Edited by Mozza

Greta van Fleet are pretty good! Yes, they sound a bit like Led Zep, especially the singer. I read that the singer didn‘t know Robert Plant until somebody told him their voices sounded so similar. 

They are still young, who knows what‘s still to come if they survive!

Edited by Claudia O

Greta van Fleet are pretty good! Yes, they sound a bit like Led Zep, especially the singer. I read that the singer didn‘t know Robert Plant until somebody told him their voices sounded so similar. 

They are still young, who knows what‘s still to come if they survive!

Can’t believe that about not hearing them, it’s pretty much a carbon copy 😂

I hope they get better, I know they’re young. Hits a level of unoriginality atm that I can’t defend personally though, and the last 20-30 mins of their Werchter set was awful. Just one continuous, aimless jam of generic wankery and solos with the singer doing the same scream like every 30 seconds, sometimes horribly off-key. Gave me a pretty banging headache by the end, people around me were begging for it to stop. One p chill member of the crew said it was one of the worst things he’s stood through.

4 hours ago, Clunge said:

So Werchter just turned out to be the same show without the frills?

Arena set, most the frills. Some technical problems too, kinda meh. Impressive for casual festival-goers though I guess.

Edited by Jobby

Greta Van Fleet sounds soo much like Led Zeppelin but I didn't mind it at all there. I loved it actually knowing only 2 songs :LOL: Saw them last year at Rock im Park and it was meeeeh but they've grown a lot. Only thing I actually mind is that they were subheadliner when it was obvious that people didn't know the songs

Got my first ever (and last I imagine) pick last night 🥳🥳🥳 and a set, should’ve had the harmonica as well but it bounced out of my palm and security inevitably gave it to the person next to me instead

That’s me done ‘til September then I think. Thank god ‘cos I need a break. Will post up a mini review/pros and cons of the tour from my POV at some point when I’m home, washed, fed, comfortable and generally not fooked.

• 3 weeks later...

So, are we thinking any changes in September? There was a fair amount of talk around Madrid being ‘the last gig of the tour’, seemed to be an air of finality about it. Obviously I really enjoyed my time following this last leg and there were a few special shows in there but I do feel they could’ve done a bit more with the song variety and that was one of the only real negatives for me, as much as I understand the effects of the heavy ‘scripting’.

Obviously I’d expect things to mostly stay the same, since Matt said it’d be the same show when the O2 gigs were announced. But Blockades and TV have to come in now for me, rotating with BITM and Algorithm respectively. Would love GUAF for Mercy but I think that ship has sailed. Still don’t know what’s gone on with SH but at this point idek where you’d fit it in unfortunately. Nods to the joint Showbiz and TR anniversaries would be nice, maybe bring Unintended back in place of Dig Down for the slow ballad and for TR...Resistance? Overture? 😏guidlinglightlel😏

I think it won‘t change that much, but maybe they‘ll add Something human again. Has anyone talked to them in person about The Void or Blockades, why they are missing in the set? Maybe the stars don‘t aling to play them live, like with Defector last tour 🤨🙄 but at least they tried it with Defector! 

More important question: Matt mentioned a possible release of Origin of Muse for x-mas, answering a fan on Instagram. There’s nothing planned gig-wise after South America ... maybe we‘ll get a mini-OOS-tour ... I saw it mentioned on Twitter, but it‘s only speculation. 

In the end we‘ll get no release this year .... pffff

Edited by Claudia O

On 8/3/2019 at 11:11 AM, Claudia O said:

I think it won‘t change that much, but maybe they‘ll add Something human again. Has anyone talked to them in person about The Void or Blockades, why they are missing in the set? Maybe the stars don‘t aling to play them live, like with Defector last tour 🤨🙄 but at least they tried it with Defector! 

More important question: Matt mentioned a possible release of Origin of Muse for x-mas, answering a fan on Instagram. There’s nothing planned gig-wise after South America ... maybe we‘ll get a mini-OOS-tour ... I saw it mentioned on Twitter, but it‘s only speculation. 

In the end we‘ll get no release this year .... pffff

Why's that? ( I'm beginning like origin of Muse is becoming akin to Chinese Democracy....)