Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

Not particularly Austrian only .. could also be swiss,  bavarian, or from the cold north like Norway .. especially Matts red pullover, very nordic. 

Edit: Dom‘s outfit looks like from the 70‘s 😅

But it‘s very cool 😅

Edited by Claudia O

On 4/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, Claudia O said:

Guaf is about Matts uncle who had cancer, but he died around the time the album came out if I remember correctly, so this might be the reason to not release it as a single and why it‘s not played live, but this is only a possibility.

I wish people would quit saying stuff like this without thinking. It's not about that. It's very obviously about a relationship, although Matt mentioned his uncle in reference to the song most likely in a vague context as a theme for the song and its punch. A song can have multiple themes along in different contexts and clearly his uncle or anyone battling for their life can be a theme without it being "yeah the song is about that"

Same thing with Pressure being a song about pressure written directed at "the fans." It's clearly not although feeling Pressure as an artist (and particularly from fans being a theme) while not necessarily being a fan written TO THE FANS as people have claimed. The lyrics make no sense in the context and same goes for GUAF.

"I can't survive without your love in my life, you've gotta get up and fight" is clearly not for his uncle lol.

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be directed at you personally, I mean I know its your quote lol. But everyone has been saying it since GUAF was announced and Matt made that comment but I think now that we've heard it its definitely a relationship song. But people still mention that its about Matt's uncle.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 4:49 AM, Citizen_Eraser said:

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be directed at you personally, I mean I know its your quote lol. But everyone has been saying it since GUAF was announced and Matt made that comment but I think now that we've heard it its definitely a relationship song. But people still mention that its about Matt's uncle.

You can have a close relationship with your uncle as well. With any member of family. There are plenty more relationships in one's life than just romantic. It may be 'definite' for you, but not for others. As much as I get your point, I think you should let people say and assume whatever they want about that song and not be so bothered when it's something you don't agree with. That's the beauty of it, you are free choose what particular song means to you ;) Music is more about feelings than meanings :) 

On 5/21/2019 at 3:14 PM, dreamyana said:

You can have a close relationship with your uncle as well. With any member of family. There are plenty more relationships in one's life than just romantic. It may be 'definite' for you, but not for others. As much as I get your point, I think you should let people say and assume whatever they want about that song and not be so bothered when it's something you don't agree with. That's the beauty of it, you are free choose what particular song means to you ;) Music is more about feelings than meanings :) 

Besides, journalists love to reuse the things that have been published elsewhere, instead of digging for another answer themselves. No wonder the reference to Matt's uncle is everywhere...

On 5/23/2019 at 5:58 PM, Claudia O said:

Who‘s counting down the days to their gig(s) :love:

I wish I were, but I have to move house first. And I have a lot of work on at the same time. That, coupled with the setlist means I'm not as hyped as I normally am. I've been super spoilt from the entire drones run, SBE, and RAH that I just haven't had the same feeling I normally get. I really hope i'll be back in the game once i'm in the mosh pit and hear some riffs. That's normally how it goes :D

1 hour ago, bigblockofcheese said:

So, less than a week to go until London Stadium - and although we know Tom Morello is special guest, am I right that the support act hasn't been announced?

Also - does anybody have any information on stage times for support / Muse?

Many thanks!

Take a look here 😉 

Soundcheck: 

There‘s a livestream, but you need to register. I won‘t watch it, no spoilers for me. 

https://medium.com/@kristycarney7/live-concert-muse-at-letnany-airport-prague-czech-republic-5e63fac4b14d 

AND there was a tweet with Matts guitars including the 7 string for CE (but this was before Prague..)

Edited by Claudia O

that person is being sarcastic, right?  

imagine being a huge successful band that can do whatever you want, with a new album that has many great songs and instead you decide to play this setlist for another 25 gigs.  

3 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

Well, no sarcasm from this person. Some were really happy about it, others like „wtf ...no,“ I count myself to the second group 🤦‍♀️

yeah, the last thing i want at european shows is the same crap they play here a billion times *sigh*

• Like 1