Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

I reckon rotations will be extremely minimal on this upcoming tour, even with two nighters I think it's only going to be one or two different songs this time round. Seems like they're really doubling down on the production side of things and like you said, additional performers are going to keep things pretty static.

Edit: then again...maybe they'll just keep the performers for new songs?

Edit: then again...maybe they'll just keep the performers for new songs?

I mean, it could be but I’d be massively surprised. I imagine it’d be fun for them to freshen up oldies with these extra elements.

I seem to recall them saying they hated how rigid the Drones Tour was

True...but it wouldn’t be the first time they’ve ended up contradicting themselves :chuckle:

It just sounds atm like these performers will be the main attraction production-wise, so you can’t imagine them being used sparingly and it ain’t no joke to choreograph a formation or dance routine to even, say, an hour’s worth of music. It’d take a lot of time and rehearsing for even one song.

I’m sure they won’t be out for the whole show. I just wonder how much’ll be left and what of that will be rotateable...

Just been on my mind lately since I think I’m about to buy some more tickets for Europe but, with how integral the band are making these extra performers seem to the show (almost like it’s built around them), how much are you lot thinking this might restrict rotation and any possible surprise appearances? Are they expected to be involved with every song to some extent, or just certain ones like the Drones last time round?

At this point, I'm just hoping that the "performers" are not farcical enough to draw unintended laughter from the audience. I'm kinda shaking my head already. :noey:

• 5 weeks later...
No effin clue how to quote from different threads now but:

Yours truly on stage designs: “Yeah, going from some of the imagery and motifs we’ve seen so far, the only things I can think they could draw on might be:

[...]

Giant robots from TDS/Algorithm

[...]”

Just called it fyi

2 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Let's get this party started, soon! What do you think about the snippets of the stage so far? I thought less technical stuff :classic_laugh: the latest clip with this spider looks very theatrical to me. Matt can lie on the floor again, he needs to dress up now right? :classic_happy:

Well I think the stage is amazing. I like when Matt becomes dramatic but...All I really need is seeing Matt playing more guitar and piano (more piano than previous tour).

They definitely should rotate some songs. Yes, Madness and Uprising are the most popular songs but they don’t need to play them in every gig.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kueller917 said:

If this isn't the kind of thing that's used for 5 minutes only it could be the first proper spectacle of a Muse show besides just the lights. Though I still prefer lights and a big screen.

The giant bot/spider/skeleton may be a permanent fixture, but the bot-suit they showed off earlier probably is for use with one song.

11 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

The giant bot/spider/skeleton may be a permanent fixture, but the bot-suit they showed off earlier probably is for use with one song.

Of course I don't expect (nor want) him to be in that robot the whole time but I mean at least the stuff that comes up will be actually impressive.

I saw on the Muse subreddit a while ago that Matt told a fan that they're planning to open with the alt version of Algorithm at

the Oakland show.  Which works out great for me since I'll be attending that show.

:awesome:

Spoilering just in case to not ruin the surprise.   And yes, I was lurking the Muse reddit whilst the board was down. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Luigi. said:

I saw on the Muse subreddit a while ago that Matt told a fan that they're planning to open with the alt version of Algorithm at

Reveal hidden contents

the Oakland show.  Which works out great for me since I'll be attending that show.

Spoilering just in case to not ruin the surprise.   And yes, I was lurking the Muse reddit whilst the board was down. 

Damn iiiiiit!! I really wanted to avoid spoilers, but I can’t help myself! This would have been an amazing surprise. 💕

Such mixed feelings on this tour, I'm reading actual anger from people who were hugely into the last two tours...? Which was when I felt like that, haha. Well I remember feeling like it was all going to be disappointing, but not such rage. I guess it all depends on whether you love or hate the metal medley (and I love it...) 

And that spoiler just made me do a happy 😁

Edited by Gemsy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Luigi. said:

Reveal hidden contents

Would imagine that’ll apply for more than just Oakland, since they tend to like sticking to one or two main openers for a tour.

Wonder what it means for regular Algo, rotated or used in full later in the set like how Unsus was split in two back in 2013?

Be good, like. I like regular Algo more as a song but, strictly as an opener, the alt. version would probs be pretty great.