Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

26 minutes ago, JOHANNATODD said:

I purchased a ticket for June 1 London concert through TicketMaster but I the ticket is still not ready to print...Is that normal? I'm Muse fan from Hong Kong that I need to plan my trip to London. 

!!!!Urgent!!!!!

!!!!!Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Yeah, it’s very normal. Unfortunately there’s no real way of knowing when the tickets will be ready to print, sometimes it’s available straight away and sometimes not until a week or two before the show. Just keep checking every now and again or wait until close to the show when they should be there, if they still don’t pop up the you can always contact Ticketmaster or speak to the box office at the venue.

Enjoy the show, that’s an impressive trip 😁

• Thanks 1

Just trying to get caught up, I know the set list has been identical for all shows so far but does that go for the medley as well? Regardless, I was initially hard set against the medley but I’ve really warmed up to it, especially if they start to add variety to it.

Tom Morello is such a cute pull for them, you can imagine them giggling like wee kids over it 😂 hopefully he plays a bit of Rage

Got my holidays booked for the UK shows, Zurich, Paris and Madrid. Just need to get all the tickets and flights now, so excited 😁 still waiting on these bloody Japan dates, like....

Ideas for setlist reworking. Adds some rarities while keeping the overall structure of the original set. 

1. Algorithm                                                                    1. Algorithm

2. Pressure                                                                      2. Pressure

3. Psycho                                                                         3. Psycho

4. Break It To Me                                                          4. Break It To Me

5. Uprising                                                                       5. Interlude + Hysteria

6. Propaganda                                                                6. Propaganda

7. Plug In Baby                                                               7. Bliss

8. Pray                                                                              8. Pray

9. The Dark Side                                                            9. The Dark Side

10. Supermassive Black Hole                                     10. Supermassive Black Hole

11. Thought Contagion                                                11. Thought Contagion

12. Interlude+ Hysteria                                                12. Map Of The Problematique

13. The 2nd Law: Unsustainable                         13. The 2nd Law: Isolated System

14. Dig Down                                                                 14. Citizen Erased

----SST Interstitial 1----                                                 ----SST Interstitial 1-----

15. Madness                                                                   15. Uprising

16. Mercy                                                                        16. Starlight

17. Time Is Running Out                                              17. Time Is Running Out

18. Houston Jam                                                           18. Houston Jam

19. Take a Bow                                                              19. Blockades

20. Prelude + Starlight                                                 20. Take a Bow

----SST Interstitial 2----                                                 ----SST Interstitial 2----

21. Algorithm                                                                 21. Algorithm

22. Metal Medley + New Born                                  22. Metal Medley + Dead Star

23. Knights of Cydonia                                                 23. Knights of Cydonia

[ /spoiler] (without space)

Not that this would ever happen, but Butterflies and Hurricanes would be such a perfect replacement for Mercy. Hardly any hardcore or even casual fans care at all about Mercy, and B&H could serve the same purpose. Have the confetti start coming up during the slow buildup after the piano interlude and then the streamers shoot out on "BEEESSST."  Would even have that triumphant vibe that suits streamers.

Also I'm concerned about my concert setlist on March 26. I noticed Muse has a 2 week gap in a few days. I have a feeling they're going to swap the rotations then and I'll be stuck with Something Human instead of Propaganda and Isolated System instead of Pray. I really want to see Break It to Me, but at least Blockades would probably be really good live.

Also also, just found this funny clip on IG. Not sure what happened.

https://www.instagram.com/anybell_amy/p/Buj9HoCnSgE/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wqs162bnq782

Edited by OriginOfAbso

1 hour ago, OriginOfAbso said:

Also also, just found this funny clip on IG. Not sure what happened.

https://www.instagram.com/anybell_amy/p/Buj9HoCnSgE/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wqs162bnq782

lmaooo

Honestly I’d just move the confetti forward to the climax of TAB in the current setup, then have Matt go back to using Starlight for the barrier walk so all the fallen confetti can be a nice backdrop. I agree Mercy doesn’t really seem hot among any circle of fans though, I get the vibe Matt just really likes it. Bit of a modern Guiding Light, but heavier.

Edited by Jobby

On 3/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, Jobby said:

Tom Morello is such a cute pull for them, you can imagine them giggling like wee kids over it 😂 hopefully he plays a bit of Rage

Yeah, he's a very cool pick given Muse' RATM history :happy:.  Nice to have him as support, awesome guitarist. Gave some of his new stuff a listen and sounds interesting.

Come back on for a little jam with Muse?! :cool:

21 minutes ago, fam201 said:

Come back on for a little jam with Muse?! :cool:

A Break It To Me collab is calling

Or bring back the Freedom outro and have him play that at the end of the medley while Matt writhes around on an amp screaming 😂

On 3/9/2019 at 10:06 AM, OriginOfAbso said:

Not that this would ever happen, but Butterflies and Hurricanes would be such a perfect replacement for Mercy. Hardly any hardcore or even casual fans care at all about Mercy, and B&H could serve the same purpose. Have the confetti start coming up during the slow buildup after the piano interlude and then the streamers shoot out on "BEEESSST."  Would even have that triumphant vibe that suits streamers.

OMG YES!! This is my biggest wish at the moment. To hear B&H. And replacing it with Mercy (which I don't care about in the slightest, heard it enough times) sounds like THE DREAM :D 

Edited by dreamyana
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 5:17 AM, blubb0r said:

are there any pics of the tour merch out there?

Photo 1 & 2 were ones that I found floating around on FB. Not sure of the source.

#3–close up on the cute  tote bag logo that I got. 

#4—My shitty photo that I didn’t take for posting reasons. 🤣 My friend that couldn’t go wanted a plain-ish shirt. Shirt G was the closest thing that I could find, but I needed confirmation that it was plain enough—hence the choppy zoom. 😂

The most unusual/unique shirt was the baseball tshirt with blue sleeves. All of ST’s song names are on the back in 80s hair band logo fonts. 😂🧐 

There’s also a huge banner/poster/flag with the ST cover for $30 that I thought was cool, but I don’t have room to put that up.

15C5CF83-F16A-45EB-B8BE-18DA839E9ECD.jpeg

AC71020D-C23B-4C6F-8C28-6D3E3C81CDBD.jpeg

E5E1E971-3087-48DC-A5D0-BCE0AD30D043.jpeg

11831D87-CC0B-4AB2-A550-7446E1A6A431.jpeg

So I haven't really been on the board a lot, what's our current consensus on the tour/setlist so far?

Personally I think the visual side hits it even further out of the park than previous tours, if that's possible. Also the setlists have been pretty banging considering it's the NA leg, but then again someone who doesn't rank ST as highly as I do probably isn't enjoying the sets so far.

• Like 2

I’d p much agree with that. General concensus from what I’ve seen seems to be that set length is great, song choice needs more rotation/freshening up and the production is either v impressive or way too much.

• Like 3

What have we got now:

at the Indiecar-gig Algorithm , Break it to me and Take a bow were missing, in Sunrise, FL  they appeared again, but there were NO other changes made to the setlist. 

I think it will stay like this until the end of the US - leg, maybe they’ll do some changes in Canada ?? 

Edited by Claudia O

• 2 weeks later...

Ok even I’m a little weirded out by the fact that the tour’s consisted of literally one set for 14 shows straight now. Gotta be the first time that’s happened? Unless they’re really, really just using this NA leg as a testing pot for the setup to make sure they get it as tight as possible before they start mixing it up elsewhere.

Either way, I’m starting to eye up these bloody 8 summer shows with some trepedation now...:LOL:

Went to the show in DC last night and it was fantastic. Sure, I wish we could have got The Void and Blockades but it was still fun. I wasn't sure how I would feel only getting portions of New Born, Assassin, etc. Going into it I think I would have preferred the whole song, but they played enough of each song in that medley that I enjoyed it a lot. I also forgot how much I enjoyed "Unsustainable" when it's played live.

My only gripe was the stretch of Dig Down/Madness/Mercy. It didn't really fit with the rest of the show. Other than that, I had a great time. I put that show up there with the T2L tour show I saw in Oslo. It was definitely better than the 2 amphitheater shows I saw back in 2017.

• Like 1