Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

4 hours ago, Jobby said:

Either would work imo, hard to choose. One the one hand, TAB’s a godly electro-rock behemoth that’s always a perfect climax but, on the other, Starlight coming after is a sweet mini recreation of the Black Holes transition and it’s nice to end on a more laid back classic while Matt greets the crowd.

I’m assuming he did a barrier walk in Houston? My stream crashed out by then.

He did but not during starlight like usual. I think it was during mercy, don’t quite remember. And I think the walk was shorter than before too

Man, i guess RIP rotations.

I'm in two minds as to how to handle the manchester stadium date. I'm normally 100% in the mosh pit, but the set looks like such a spectacle, at the downside of actual musicians performing and the miming trombones, and the lack of old tunes, and the shortened metal medley (which I got to experience in full mosh pit madness at RAH) that I might sit down and actually watch the show from a chair on level 1 instead. Or maybe i'll sit in my chair for most of the show, then come running back to the biggest mosh pit I can see for the metal medley and KoC....

About the setlist:

Eight songs of ST (Algorithm, The Dark Side, Pressure, Propaganda, Break it to me, Thought Contagion, Dig Down, Algorithm alternative version)—-This is really good for me because I like ST. I miss The Void in the setlist.

Muse classical hits: PIB, TIRO, Uprising, KOC, Hysteria, Madness—-Maybe they should replace PIB for Bliss and Madness for Citizen erased.

Pyscho—-It gives me energy so it should stay in the setlist.

Songs that fit well with this Tour—-TAB and Unsustainable. 

Metal medley—-I would like to see Assassin live, the whole song. But I accept to see only a part if I can see parts of New Born, SS or the handler.

Mercy——No  comment. The handler is>>>>Mercy

Starlight——With guitar, please.

That’s all.

Coupla q’s for people who’ve seen them so far or managed to watch enough vids:

1) What’s the band’s interaction/spontaneity like? I know they hardly talk up a storm or completely go off the rails on the fly but I mean the little things like smiles to people in the crowd/each other, free movement around the stage and any wee flourishes in performances, compared to previous years. From what I’ve seen so far, Matt’s seemed a bit hidden behind shades or focused on keeping in line with the show/performers without much or any time to speak and Chris, Dom and Morgan seem quite far away or distant (for lack of a better word).

2) How is the barrier walk? I’ve heard it’s v brief and only around the b-stage.

Edited by Jobby

1 hour ago, Jobby said:

Coupla q’s for people who’ve seen them so far or managed to watch enough vids:

1) What’s the band’s interaction/spontaneity like? I know they hardly talk up a storm or completely go off the rails on the fly but I mean the little things like smiles to people in the crowd/each other, free movement around the stage and any wee flourishes in performances, compared to previous years. From what I’ve seen so far, Matt’s seemed a bit hidden behind shades or focused on keeping in line with the show/performers without much or any time to speak and Chris, Dom and Morgan seem quite far away or distant (for lack of a better word).

2) How is the barrier walk? I’ve heard it’s v brief and only around the b-stage.

1) Interaction great, spontaneity not a lot, but I was at the first 2 shows so there might have been a little nerves, or still wanting to get the feel of things.  The guys seemed in great moods, Dom was smiling through the whole gig in Houston -- in all my pics of him he looks like he's having a blast.  There have been little moments between Chris and Matt where they look like they're laughing, chatting a bit between songs, stuff like that.  Matt had what I consider his normal amount of crowd interaction as far as making eye contact with people, pointing at people, etc.  Not a lot of talking other than the usual 3-4 times through the gig with a few sentences about he crowd, etc.  Also there is some cute (sorry to use the word) interaction between the 3 of them during DD when they are all down there.  Oh, and during (Hysteria?? not sure), Matt goes to the back of Dom's drum kit and there's some good interaction there.

2)He comes down steps somewhere around the end of the b-stage and goes around it to the left (left meaning Matt's side of the main stage), then turns around and goes the other way, and then goes back.  Perhaps someone else can chime in as to where the steps are located.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I thought it might be a bit stiffer while they get used to everything but was just wary of the heavy setup and rehearsal making them seem too disconnected. It’s not much but those little smiles and points go a long way for me, got one at my first ever gig and it’s nice to know they know we’re there 😅

Hmm ok, I’ll have to find some video to see how far he goes on either side. Things’ll inevitably be a smidge different with the stadiums but it’ll still give me a rough idea. Gonna try and get on one again (shame it’s not during a song I actually like anymore, like) ❤️

Thankya!

On 2/25/2019 at 7:45 PM, MAurelia said:

About the setlist: Muse classical hits: PIB, TIRO, Uprising, KOC, Hysteria, Madness—-Maybe they should replace PIB for Bliss and Madness for Citizen erased.

As much as like Bliss, I personally don't see much of a point in playing Bliss as he can barely sing it anyway, it just sounds strained and in recent years he also messes up the vocal rhythm/timing.

IMO it may have been a better fit if some of Bliss was implemented as part of the medley, and New Born instead was played in it's entirety.

Edited by Dysfunco

2 hours ago, svenisms said:

Has it been brought up that they’ve yet to add “Hit Single Get Up And Fight” to the rotation? 

Not sure but I'm very pleased as long as they don't.

5 hours ago, Jobby said:

23kd73l.jpg

Edited 4 hours ago by Jobby

Sometimes the truth is harsh. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 3:32 PM, Jobby said:

Yeah I thought it might be a bit stiffer while they get used to everything but was just wary of the heavy setup and rehearsal making them seem too disconnected. It’s not much but those little smiles and points go a long way for me, got one at my first ever gig and it’s nice to know they know we’re there 😅

Hmm ok, I’ll have to find some video to see how far he goes on either side. Things’ll inevitably be a smidge different with the stadiums but it’ll still give me a rough idea. Gonna try and get on one again (shame it’s not during a song I actually like anymore, like) ❤️

Thankya!

Which song is it during?

by b-stage do you mean the end of the walkway?

1 hour ago, ben637 said:

Which song is it during?

by b-stage do you mean the end of the walkway?

Mercy 😒

Yeah, the b-stage is usually a little mini-stage at the end of the catwalk that Matt or the band perform on at points.

Question: is it just me or security around the barrier seems not only doubled but also stricter than in the past? Referring especially to the moment Matt goes and shakes hands with people in the crowd, there's a couple of dudes pushing people back before Matt can even shake their hand.

1 hour ago, drksid3 said:

Question: is it just me or security around the barrier seems not only doubled but also stricter than in the past? Referring especially to the moment Matt goes and shakes hands with people in the crowd, there's a couple of dudes pushing people back before Matt can even shake their hand.

Haven’t seen any vids so couldn’t say but security usually differs per venue. Some places can be dead loose and some can be verrry strict, which is when you see performers actually get pissed off at times (seem to remember there being one or two occasions of this with Matt over the years as well but find it hard to remember specifics). If you’ve seen it across most or all the gigs already then it might be safe to assume they’re being instructed to act like that but, if it’s just a one or two occasion thing, that could just be that venue’s security.

33 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Haven’t seen any vids so couldn’t say but security usually differs per venue. Some places can be dead loose and some can be verrry strict, which is when you see performers actually get pissed off at times (seem to remember there being one or two occasions of this with Matt over the years as well but find it hard to remember specifics). If you’ve seen it across most or all the gigs already then it might be safe to assume they’re being instructed to act like that but, if it’s just a one or two occasion thing, that could just be that venue’s security.

I was asking rather because so far it looks like it's happened at every single gig. I stumbled upon a couple of instagram comments where some girls were lamenting that security had pushed people back (hard) even though they were all just extending their hand to shake Matt's. That seemed a bit weird but security does that sometimes. Only that I always remember just one guy (or even just Dom A) "following" Matt on his greeting tour, 's'why I asked about extra security