Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

True, it's a little bit odd but nothing extraordinary imo. In the period before the SBE show there were only 8 gigs in the US, and it got played in the first 5 and only disappeared for 3 gigs + 2 gigs in Canada before reappearing right before SBE.

It's not hard to imagine that there might have been somethig wrong with his guitar back then. I mean, it wouldn't make sense for them to drop it intentionally as they've always recognised it as a consensual staple for both hardcore and casual fans, even less so after playing it 5 times in a row

For me, the omission of Plug In Baby is more significant than the song itself. What it often means is that they end up playing nothing off of Origin of Symmetry, regarded by so many fans as their best album. They can play Bliss, Citizen Erased or New Born and it would be even better. If they can't even throw the fans an obvious bone like PIB, it's a damn shame.

Because Origin of Symmetry wasn't released in the States

It was, just not in 2001, but they stopped playing here until 2004 anyway, and there was no shortage of Symmetry songs when they came back. I think it got a proper release around 2005 with a snarky sticker on it that said it contained "songs featured at live shows like New Born, Bliss and Feeling Good!" Some of those early US gigs got Muscle Museum, Micro Cuts and Space Dementia even. They didn't always treat Americans as being completely uneducated to their music, or if they did, they seemed to make a genuine effort to change that. Albeit, one that didn't last long.

Difference is in 2004/05, they just had less songs in general. Origin made up a decent chunk of most sets - New Born, Bliss, Plug In Baby and Citizen Erased were almost always played, Space Dementia and Micro Cuts popped up here and there, think even Dead Star got a look in from time to time. Back then though, it didn't matter - Muse were new to just about everyone who went along, it didn't really matter what had been released where and when.

Hello experts,

After the RAH show the other day I´m super hyped and want to see Muse again and I am thinking of the next gig! I live in London but willing to travel within the UK and Europe if the venue/crowd is going to be especially good.

I was thinking Bristol... as it sounds quite special. But Madrid is also high on my list (I'm spaniard and it´s the last show on the European leg) as well as Rome (the videos from those gigs are sooo energetic)

Any recommendations?

The guitar was broken after the SBE show iirc

Upon checking, PIB did indeed return in Toronto in April 2013 as soon as the Mirror got repaired

Was a hell of a smash at that one - into the bass drum skin, then bits flew off the guitar after Matt bashed it against his amp, and then it nearly hit Dom while crashing off all of the cymbals on his left.

Most the guitar chucking Matt does is quite tame by comparison. Except for that comedy one at a US 2nd Law gig where he chucked it once against the amp and it broke the neck off, leading to him just standing around like a lemon. :chuckle:

Hello experts,

I was thinking Bristol... as it sounds quite special. But Madrid is also high on my list (I'm spaniard and it´s the last show on the European leg) as well as Rome (the videos from those gigs are sooo energetic)

Any recommendations?

The Bristol gig will be the smallest UK venue by some margin but that's it really. The 2013 Coventry Ricoh gig was great as it felt quite intimate for a 'big outdoor show', but it was still the same show as the others on that tour, rotated songs aside. Bristol will be the same as Manchester and London :)

The Bristol gig will be the smallest UK venue by some margin but that's it really. The 2013 Coventry Ricoh gig was great as it felt quite intimate for a 'big outdoor show', but it was still the same show as the others on that tour, rotated songs aside. Bristol will be the same as Manchester and London :)

Yeah, that's sort of what I meant :) Not special as in track choice. At this point I guess it's about making a choice based on the venue/the crowd, and I thought that Bristol would be more intimate being about half the capacity of London Stadium (or any other locations I am considering ie. Rome/Madrid)

Can’t speak for some of the smaller places but, yeah, Italy, France and Manchester should get you a good crowd.

Japan is v good too, guessing you don’t mean that far though. I might go next year, depending.

Edited by Jobby

Can’t speak for some of the smaller places but, yeah, Italy, France and Manchester should get you a good crowd.

Japan is v good too, guessing you don’t mean that far though. I might go next year, depending.

No I wasn't planning on going that far. However, Japan is on my list of places to visit and if it means getting a chance of "Can't take my eyes off you"....:LOL:

Hello experts,

After the RAH show the other day I´m super hyped and want to see Muse again and I am thinking of the next gig! I live in London but willing to travel within the UK and Europe if the venue/crowd is going to be especially good.

Any recommendations?

Rome, definitely.

Very noisy, boisterous crowd - brilliant gigs :D

Can honestly admit I've not heard of Walk the Moon, but I presume the confirmation they're opening the newly added NYC/Chicago gigs makes them a likely opener for the rest of the tour.

Also begs the question of when are they intending to do Los Angeles? If it is with the other California shows in early March, and its being held back until this special iHeartRadio thing, time isn't exactly there for it.

I think that's great use of one of the vocal break slots, to play some hometown-related stuff. Hope they keep that going.

I think this could be fun. Think of the "hometown jam" they could do throughout the tour (or the typical stops they might not have announced yet). Enter Sandman again for the Bay Area? Nirvana in Seattle? Fucking nothing in the midwest? Breaking out the accordion in Paris?

I think this could be fun. Think of the "hometown jam" they could do throughout the tour (or the typical stops they might not have announced yet). Enter Sandman again for the Bay Area? Nirvana in Seattle? Fucking nothing in the midwest? Breaking out the accordion in Paris?

How 'bout some Green Day?