The Dark Side

smoledman

I hear the chords of course but it's that unison that gets me. It does sound like guitar (especially considering the solo) but it's a weird mix where the synth already sounds guitar like and the guitar sounds synth like. Wanna see how it works live.

If he’s playing all the synth stuff as guitar riffs with that synth tone then the whole song just got 10x cooler and will be even better live to watch him play it.

Ahh, funny to feel like most people for once. I've liked/cringed at the last songs, it's been weird mixed feelings, and I've always mostly hated everything 80's..but Dark Side did get it right somehow, both the song and the video, and finally got me super hyped for the new album!!

And regarding the pre-orders, I've been wondering if any of you fine fans have been ordering more than 1 medium, and if so if it came with more than 1 code? My friend and I have been thinking about ordering together to save some shipping costs but we wonder if we're gonna end up with just one code for the shows..

And regarding the pre-orders, I've been wondering if any of you fine fans have been ordering more than 1 medium, and if so if it came with more than 1 code? My friend and I have been thinking about ordering together to save some shipping costs but we wonder if we're gonna end up with just one code for the shows..

Ordered the deluxe box set and cassette but I don't think they've sent out codes yet or at least I haven't received mine. I'd imagine it'd be one per order though

Not had much chance to comment as I’ve been away this week but what a great song! I was a bit sceptical when I heard the solo on instagram as it all sounded a bit random but with the chordal accompaniment it makes total sense.

As others have said way before me, the chord progressions remind me of Space Dementia and could fit right in the OOS era.

Kinda wish they would’ve used the “save me from the darkside” part as a little post chorus section in all of the choruses

I had the same feeling and did the edit... adding it a fourth time in between the solo and last chorus works too...

Great tune, their best since The Handler/Reapers in my opinion

Think the overwhelmingly positive reception to TDS shows what most of us have known all along, fans aren't completely averse to stylistic change, it's simply the quality of the track.

I had the same feeling and did the edit... adding it a fourth time in between the solo and last chorus works too...

I feel like adding it after every chorus, and maybe twice in the spot that it’s in the song now (before the final chorus, maybe with a different line the second time) would’ve been the way to go, chorus just seems a little rushed/ empty without it

i have a strange question but you never know...

..right so when Thought Contagion came out, if you uploaded anything to YouTube (I was doing a bass cover), the video was removed and blocked in all countries, under an alias. I guess this is to stop leaks before the song is actually released.

They've done the same here, the Youtube content ID is just called 'Track 2' by WMG. But some time in the future, the license switches to the actual track, allowing cover uploads to youtube.

Does anyone know how long it takes for that to happen? I'm good to go here but I had to wait about 2 months to upload my Thought Contagion video. I have no problem with them taking my YT revenue (all 10p of it). It's annoying but I have no idea when exactly the license opened up. Any guesses?

Ordered the deluxe box set and cassette but I don't think they've sent out codes yet or at least I haven't received mine. I'd imagine it'd be one per order though

If there were downloads within your order, you should have had them almost instantly. The hardcopys will come to you in november, or so I'm told.