The Dark Side

smoledman

Major OoS vibes from this as well. That synth tone also seems very BH&R era, like Easily even? Hoodoo comes to mind melodically as well.

This is the Muse that we all know and love. Maybe not the most incredible song, but like Easily-tier good imo. This will see plenty of replay from me. Sounds like a solid track 2 as well...hoping the opener is something epic now.

Love it. Very eerie vibes. The vocal melody is catchy as hell. You can sense the traditional or "old Muse" in there but it's presented in full on synthy style. I will admit I'm more partial to their rock and classical sound but I do love synths and if muse must go full synth this is what I want.

Would love to see a change up on this tour, things like Panic Station and Survival getting a heavy rotation, MoTP instead of Resistance ( if I have to see resistance live one more time I might have a breakdown)

Also I think it’s time for the TiRO...to end

If I manage to get to my first Muse concert ever on this tour and don't see them play TiRO, I'm gonna leave disappointed. Slightly, but nonetheless. It's my favorite Muse song.

Finally a new Muse song that I can get on board with. Upon the first listen, I kept thinking that the song wouldn't sound entirely out of place on Origin of Symmetry. By coincidence, I had thrown the song from Tidal onto a random Muse playlist and it happened to land right before Darkshines. The songs sounded somewhat similar and flowed together nicely.

Don't want to be that person who says "it sounds like X old song", but I get a proper darkshines hint from the "i've been pursued" bit.

I thought Fillip more than anything from that one part in the verse. Or Forced In.

It's almost exactly the opening from Space Dementia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxVC8mdOeNQ

0:06 "I've been pursued"

0:15 "I have lived in darkness"

I think he should've broken into falsetto on one of the final "Break me out"s. Also I really like how the bass/synth(?) thing at 1:20 keeps going through the whole next verse in the right channel. Also that bit totally sounds similar to that one part in Glorious, which utilizes it in the same way.

I haven't hated any of the Simulation Theory singles so far, but nor I have loved them entirely. This though, I don't think I've loved a Muse track this quickly on one listen since I heard the Handler.

Same.

As much as I like this though, I'm now worried this is going to be the peak of the album (especially since it's the only one where they are including an instrumental in the bonus tracks as well as the "Alternate Reality Version"). I have a feeling there are going to be at least two more downright stinkers. Hoping the album at least starts and ends on a strong note. The piano bit in The Globalist into Drones was such a disappointing way to end an album.

Edited by Matthz

Muse fucking did it. This is what "new" muse should sound like, not fucking Dig Down. Onto Pressure we go...

EDIT: Anyone else feeling like a Psycho style tour is about to be announced? With it being UK only early access...

Agreed. I love the synth stabs at the start. I like how there is no building up to that, the songs just attacks you right away. Also no millennial whoop.