The Dark Side

smoledman

After two listens it indeed is miles better than DD and SB. The grooviness is infectious. The chorus is maybe a bit flat. I think I slightly prefer TC but this could easily change in a few listens. What bothers me is that parts of the track sound straight out of a Kavinsky ep. (I have no deeper knowledge of the referenced genre so I don't know if it's actually more about general genre sound).

It did take me couple of days to get around to listening to it, in fear of it being as disappoiting as DD and SB, so this is a relief.

After two listens it indeed is miles better than DD and SB. The grooviness is infectious. The chorus is maybe a bit flat. I think I slightly prefer TC but this could easily change in a few listens. What bothers me is that parts of the track sound straight out of a Kavinsky ep. (I have no deeper knowledge of the referenced genre so I don't know if it's actually more about general genre sound).

It did take me couple of days to get around to listening to it, in fear of it being as disappoiting as DD and SB, so this is a relief.

It's basically the general genre sound

Love this song. Best they've done so far. It's looking like a fairly mixed album with plenty of synth.

Drones was a let down. This is looking like more of an entertaining surprise because I'm not being led on to believe it's something it's not going to be.

Roll on November !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...