iLikeCorvettes

Pressure (single)

If you're so overexcited for this song, I can't even imagine in what state you're gonna be when they drop Algorithm (which I feel I'll defend to end together with you, btw). :LOL:

If I like Algorithm even more than this then I’m frankly frightened by this record

For some reason, I’ve got a good feeling about The Void as well, even though we know FA about it

Man, y'all got me all hyped and now I feel like I'm gonna be let down when I do listen to it Thursday

Let me get this straight for you: it's not exactly the "Abso"-like kind of rock, that I can guarantee, but I think it's catchy as fuck.

I don’t often like comparing songs but I hear a kinda distinct mix of The Groove, Panic Station, Supermassive and Revolt. And, yeah, the blues riff does come...close to ripping off Over And Over by Jack White :chuckle:

You guys are forgetting some absolute classics when talking about songs released after BH&R

I can assure you I am not

Pretty sure asking for leaked material is a vio that might get the thread shut down...

Yep. It's out in other communities, but please don't ask for it here. :(

Clarification: you can still discuss your thoughts on the song.

Edited by JessicaSarahS

“I'm trapped and my back is up against the wall

I see no solution or exit out.”

The ‘exit out’ bit is so annoying when both meter and rhyme really call for ‘exit at all’ there.

What can I say about it that hasn't been said already.

Don't come at me, ok? I don't like - or not that much - the chorus. The verses are good, funny, and - sorry - I kept waiting for another melody, riff, change after the solo. Looking forward to the live version, pretty sure I'm gonna sing and jump and dance then :LOL:

One thing is for sure : the album won't be boring at all! let's start....

Something human > The dark side > Thought contagion, Pressure ( not sure...) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.... Dig down

edit: I listened to it on I pad-speakers :/ I'll give it another try on Thursday on my stereo with great speakers :))))

Edited by Claudia O.

Something human > The dark side > Thought contagion, Pressure ( not sure...) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.... Dig down

The Dark Side > Pressure >>>>>>>>>>Something Human >>> Thought Contagion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dig Down

We need to standardize how much more enjoyment a single greater-than or line break actually means so I can understand what 10 of them mean.

IMO, this songs great... the chorus is catchy as fuck and the tone is crunchy. I do get the video game soundtrack vibes. But I also get why people are going to say it sucks. You know them people who leave a comment on YouTube saying, ‘This isn’t Muse... Go and listen to OOS or abso... that’s Muse.’

IMO, this songs great... the chorus is catchy as fuck and the tone is crunchy. I do get the video game soundtrack vibes. But I also get why people are going to say it sucks. You know them people who leave a comment on YouTube saying, ‘This isn’t Muse... Go and listen to OOS or abso... that’s Muse.’
This isn't the video game music song btw.

This isn't the video game music song btw.

Is it not? I’ve been dipping in and out of the PR and stuff for the album this time round so forgive me for getting that mixed up haha.

I genuinely get a video game vibe from the instrumentals though... Nevertheless I really like the song and I’ve got high hopes for the album... definitely can’t wait to hear it live in person.

Okay half a dozen listens. I like it. Great attempt at Matt trying to write something we would hate but the sentiment is so uncontrived that it is the exact opposite. Add a cool hook, have Dom step up the drumming game again (He's been lazy so far with these singles imo) and now we have something decent.

Looks like pressuring Matt works ;)

Is it not? I’ve been dipping in and out of the PR and stuff for the album this time round so forgive me for getting that mixed up haha.

I genuinely get a video game vibe from the instrumentals though... Nevertheless I really like the song and I’ve got high hopes for the album... definitely can’t wait to hear it live in person.

Nah that's Algorithm.

This album might actually have...one more good song than Drones! I will probably listen to the album a few times and then just put the good songs in my Muse playlists.

Misty Mountain Hop

Time Is Running Out

Dimension

Revolt

Crying Shame

TIRO

Do Something

Over and Over

...?

You missed an Exo-Politics comparison on this very page. Seen quite a lot of QOTSA and The White Stripes comparisons too.

Are you kidding me? Hahahah? What the heck is this? :LOL:

You've got this edgy, bleak lyrics and you expect an instrumental of similar tone to support them, but instead...

Fuck, they bamboozled us greatly!

They do that alot. And I haven't heard it yet but I'm fucking scared.

Nah that's Algorithm.

This album might actually have...one more good song than Drones! I will probably listen to the album a few times and then just put the good songs in my Muse playlists.

Ahh fair enough... at the minute the only song I don’t really dig is dig down (pun not intended), so it’s got my hopes high at the minute, but I’ve been disappointed before.

That’s pretty much what my playlist is like at the minute. All the subpar songs get lost in my library haha. It’s generally the heavy stuff that makes its to my gym playlist.

If ANYTHING was gonna. This is IT, chief.

honestly don’t know how you’re all restraining yourselves

Hype for this record is growing e x p o n e n t i a l l y

(TDS is also good)

I would have much rather had TDS be the first single. I don't know about the rest of you but where I live in America they're still playing SH on the radio, not TDS. Very disappointing. On the rock stations no less.