Something Human

It's alive! The board is alive! Well, at least more than the last couple month :LOL: great to see members coming back online as well :)

Oh, the song: I like it! Cute video by Matt, but let's see how the studio versio will sound like, maybe he does an accoustic version live then?

To me it sounds like Simon & Garfunkel. I can totally see Matt and Chris doing the chorus together, like S&G did so often. Ok, they sang full verses and songs together :happy: we almost got 3 songs so far, and I like 2 out of 3 - this is ok for me.

Simply Red? Soft like "For your babies"

It's alive! The board is alive! Well, at least more than the last couple month :LOL: great to see members coming back online as well :)

This is the first time I've been on since drones came out but I go on muse Reddit every day. It makes me sad to think there might be some people still lurking here thinking they are the last few left when the chat has just moved elsewhere lol

Cute video, it's nice to hear him talking 'normally', for want of a better word. Really hope the final song keeps some of the minimalist acoustic flavour, though I'll be pleasantly surprised told that's the case. I haven't cared for either of the two new songs so far, but this seems to have some potential at least for me.

Agreed. I didn’t really care for the sample in the teaser, but the acoustic version is lovely. Matt is just so adorable in the video that I’m convinced that it’s my new favorite song. :LOL:

I’m not sold on the sample either, but it was sooo brief that I’m reserving judgment. The melody and guitar was so sweet that I’m willing to give it a go.

No idea how this link will go but Matt just posted a video of himself playing SH solo acoustic.

Okay

The lyrics are heavy handed as heck, but I do not care.

This is easily the best song yet, just based on that. And Matt's acoustic work is just excellent. Wasn't expecting all the fingerpicking and folkier chords.

I'm very hyped for this single now.

I mean, it’s a shortened version intended as a tease but it’s there to listen to. First acoustic version of a song we’ve heard since ‘03 or ‘04, gotta appreciate that.

What is good about an acoustic song? Never understood the appeal.

Awww. A much more pleasant way of teasing a new release than weird pictures of 80s cars, if you ask me.

I'm having a hard time envisioning (is there an audio equivalent of that word?) what the complete thing will sound like, but this was quite nice.

I like it as well, I think, because we have indeed been waiting for something human from Muse for a while. Something a little more intimate, heartfelt and less forced and artificial. But that may just be me.

I agree. I wasn't sure if Matt was capable of that anymore, but this brought me back to Showbiz and Hullabaloo. :happy:

I hope the final version has a similar feel.

Adorable video aside (damn, even warmed my cynical heart a tiny bit...) I'm surprised at how much people are praising this.

The vocals remind me of all the worst parts of Aftermath.

The worst parts of Aftermath are at the end to me, and really that's nowhere near my least favorite thing they've done, just a bit too over the top (which is saying a lot by their standards). I honestly love his delivery at the start. Overdramatic sure, but it gets me.

Adorable video aside (damn, even warmed my cynical heart a tiny bit...) I'm surprised at how much people are praising this.

The vocals remind me of all the worst parts of Aftermath.

And if he did Aftermath as a little intimate acoustic song I might like it a lot better too.

Likewise, I'm not at all pleasantly teased by the little clip of Something Human in the teaser. It has the potential to be one of their cheesiest yet.

Lyrics aren't terrible for Muse standards though, so that's nice.

“I’ll depressurize” sounds like a lyric that didn’t make Big Freeze ( I do like big freeze though ) . Something Human seems like its going to just be a more poppy/accessible Aftermath. I find myself listening to the preview more than the acoustic version though

“I’ll depressurize” sounds like a lyric that didn’t make Big Freeze ( I do like big freeze though ) .

This line bugs me because I wrote a song called Pressurise a few years ago using the same metaphor :LOL: I swear there have been a few times I've had musical ideas, and then Matt comes out with the same idea. Not accusing him of anything since I don't even post my music online, but it's just weird how alike we think sometimes.

“I’ll depressurize” sounds like a lyric that didn’t make Big Freeze ( I do like big freeze though )

To be honest, as much as I prefer their more abstract stuff, I'll take Matt's spacey lyrics over their quasi-political stuff any day if that's what it comes down to.