“Psycho” from MUSE: Drones World Tour

KirkBot

Yikes, it just hit me that those quick cuts, close-ups and effects to mask the tame crowd are gonna be all the way through. Feels v...sterile, like manufactured energy.

Not to revive the old Zepp/SBE/Psycho Tour release whinging but...

Clip did sound decent - little processed but strangely less so than Rome or HAARP - but the jump cutty nature does get very disorientating quickly. Bit like it did with Hullabaloo, to some extent, but may well be more so if its masking the audiences being a bit underwhelming around that 360 stage.

What's the point of a 'live' or 'concert' film if you're going to so heavily edit and process it afterwards? :erm:. Doing that and then calling it 'augmented' is just complete bullplop. It's simply not an accurate depiction of the Drones show I went to. I just feel like if they'd said from the start it was going to be a split between a live show and a studio production, I'd have felt it was a more genuine concept. This just looks like the band trying to shoehorn in all the stuff they either didn't get permission for during the live show, weren't able to get working, or simply broke down on the night (which is a big part of, y'know, a live show).

Sound is nice'ish though. All those little camera shakes and flourishes though are extremely annoying.

All those little camera shakes and flourishes though are extremely annoying.

Swear that camera shake/blur effect is used every other fucking beat, it’s mad :chuckle: looks like a 10 year old’s first editing job