"It's time to admit you love Muse" in GQ, July 5 '18

Claudia O

I love IBTY ! And it happens, when I like to listen to Exo1-3, I start the session with IBTY cause it flows really good into Exo 1!

I don't care if Matts french is laughable, it suits the song and it makes me smile.

Should we write this in the thread "Controversial Muse-opinions" :LOL:

Are we just not allowed to dislike IBTY then? I mean, I have no problem if other people like it or not, I don't really care, but personally the lyrics kill it completely for me and I can't listen to it at all. It's probably one of my least favourite Muse songs and I don't care if it's supposed to be silly or not, I just don't like it. Or are we getting into 'true fans like every song' territory here?

No, not from my side!:eek: Those "true fans" are the worst! It's rather silly imo that such an "opinion"-thread exists Here.

I personally dislike Madness, UD, Big freeze, half the songs on Showbiz, Soldiers poem, Screenager, Starligt like it's played live recently, Dig down, Aftermath,. ,

Are we just not allowed to dislike IBTY then? I mean, I have no problem if other people like it or not, I don't really care, but personally the lyrics kill it completely for me and I can't listen to it at all. It's probably one of my least favourite Muse songs and I don't care if it's supposed to be silly or not, I just don't like it. Or are we getting into 'true fans like every song' territory here?

People saying they love IBTY just stemmed from me pointing out the possibly wonky logic of the article telling people to embrace the silly side of Muse, while singling out IBTY as a low point for seemingly the same reason. It’s the best or joint best song on TR imo, but I’d point that out even if I hated it :chuckle:

Who said you have to like it? My comment wasn't serious. I just think it's an odd song for the author use as an example when there are plenty of Muse songs which are silly without the self-awareness.

IBTY is a bit of a daft song but comes across to me as knowingly daft in the original version (we'll ignore the cheap guitars on the Twilight Remix).

I still would've tried to sing along to the French part had I got it on any of my Resistance tour gigs. Probably extremely badly, judging by how many attempts at learning French are currently going. :chuckle:

LMFAO

although

ALTHOUGH HOW can you say IBTY is a sign that "there were cracks beginning to show in the schtick"

IBTY ***IS*** THE SCHTICK

THE WHOLE DAFTNESS OF THIS BAND SUMMED UP IN ONE SONG

:LOL: Hey Gemsy, I've missed you :happy: (I know, I wasn't here. Good to see you! And everyone, Gemsy was the loudest though... ;):LOL:)

Love the article, and I love IBTY even more. Cracks me up every time and I enjoy the melodies too :happy:

:LOL: Hey Gemsy, I've missed you :happy: (I know, I wasn't here. Good to see you! And everyone, Gemsy was the loudest though... ;):LOL:)

Love the article, and I love IBTY even more. Cracks me up every time and I enjoy the melodies too :happy:

:LOL: hELLO MY dear :D I've not been here much either. Board is sooo quiet. I always hope new songs will bring people back!