Drones World Tour: The Movie

How likely?

I did see some pro-shot-like footage of The Handler on Instagram last night, and I remember that one of Madness ages ago. Not sure what else it might feature though.

Probs v unlikely if we’re honest. If it is there though, hope everyone enjoys watching me cry/gurn to the max in glorious 4K on a 25 foot screen.

Probs v unlikely if we’re honest. If it is there though, hope everyone enjoys watching me cry/gurn to the max in glorious 4K on a 25 foot screen.

Given that I thought the main filming of it was done in Berlin and Milan, then probably even more unlikely than that.

But hey. Hope springs eternal. And if not, then there's always the Muse France video on YouTube.

Given that I thought the main filming of it was done in Berlin and Milan, then probably even more unlikely than that.

Ah that’s the one, remembered something about it being filmed in Italy or somewhere else but wasn’t sure if I was remember back to the Rome DVD.

Either way their track history w/ what gets cut ain’t great (Map, Liquid State, Stockholm, Unintended, Blackout, Unsustainable @ Rome / COD, CE, Man Of Mystery, Forced In, S4A, Sunburn, Bliss @ Wembley / CE, Stockholm @ Glasto) so expecting the bare minimum is the way to go tbh. Christ, looking back at Rome’s tracklist still gives me legit shivers.

Calling it now:

1. Drones

2. Psycho

3. Plug In Baby

4. Dead Inside

5. Isolated System

6. The Handler

7. Supermassive Black Hole

8. Starlight

9. D&B Jam

10. Madness

11. [JFK]

12. Hysteria

13. Time Is Running Out

14. Uprising

15. The Globalist

16. Drones

17. Mercy

18. Knights Of Cydonia

Reapers + Defector bonus features.

It won't be a concert,more like a documentary, remember?!

Finally get all that juicy BTS footage of Matt drinking tea while everyone else is still playing :stongue:

Also, wasn’t ‘The Road’ from the Rome thing supposed to be some personal documentary?

A proper tour doc would’ve been interesting anytime between ‘99 and ‘07/8 but I’ve gotta be honest, I can’t see it being all that exciting nowadays :chuckle:

A documentary about how their Oakland show turned high expectation into a major disappointment, not only by serving up the shittiest setlist in history, but also the chain of events that lead to every single prop and technical effect failing at some point.

this would be a giggle tho

Calling it now:

1. Drones

2. Psycho

3. Plug In Baby

4. Dead Inside

5. Isolated System

6. The Handler

7. Supermassive Black Hole

8. Starlight

9. D&B Jam

10. Madness

11. [JFK]

12. Hysteria

13. Time Is Running Out

14. Uprising

15. The Globalist

16. Drones

17. Mercy

18. Knights Of Cydonia

Reapers + Defector bonus features.

Have they put the Drum & Bass jams on their live DVD's before?

A documentary about how their Oakland show turned high expectation into a major disappointment, not only by serving up the shittiest setlist in history, but also the chain of events that lead to every single prop and technical effect failing at some point.

Tour documentary as disaster movie... there could still be fun in such. :chuckle:

Seems a bit late to put this out now...I feel like the Drones era was handled pretty poorly and setlists promised a lot and delivered very little.

Feel like this live movie/concert film will tank even harder than Live at Rome.

Having said that I’ll probably still go see it 😂

I don't think the general audience cares all that much about setlists and deep cuts. Although it didn't help Rome cut out some punchier songs that were actually played at the show. But also it was marketed so hard on the 4k which was barely screened and then you only got a final 1080 with really boring camera work.

By fans, but Wembley for example became legendary even for newcomers. It's not all the fans' favorites and also cut out some great songs but it still did its best to show off the band as much as possible. Rome didn't really capture that. It somehow made a big show with an enthusiastic crowd feel rather dead.

Rome just didn’t really offer anything new, other than the 4K gimmick that ended up being redundant. The tracklist went all in for an ultra casual audience that isn’t really known for buying full concert DVDs in the first place (tmk) and offered v little, if any incentive for anyone outside of that.

It was the first and only (so far) Muse release I haven’t bought ‘cos I just literally saw no point. I’ve barely even watched YT footage. Got a feeling this one might go the same way though :(

It's very nice to look at, being the first HD Muse release and all (even if the 4k was lost). Decent mix too, especially after HAARP. The best parts are still overall the footage from the US arenas. The songs there are actually more fun.

What is it about this band's recent aversion to fun in anything official? Ties into the whole separation of concerts too.

We need a HD remaster of HAARP w/ the missing songs to truly render Rome obsolete once and for all.

Seriously, I almost want this more than OOM.

What is it about this band's recent aversion to fun in anything official? Ties into the whole separation of concerts too.

That old self-consciousness of stuff they’re not used to playing sounding like shit, I guess. They only tend to release that stuff on YT or xmas MP3s nowadays and, even then, they sometimes edit imperfections.