2018.02.24 - La Cigale, Paris

Jobby

Anyway, there was no "by request" at Grand Rex, it was part of the original set list for buenos aires (I was there), and it was all part of their first south american tour ever in which they decided to play a whole lot of rarities since it was the first time ever in those countries.

Wasn’t on the set according to Musewiki. You can see/hear in the footage some people shouting ‘Space Dementia’ before Matt says “What? Alright, we’ll play that then.” as well.

so what does "real-time voting" means?

People watching streams get to choose between two songs for some slots. They’ve done it before, maybe more than once last year I think?

After I voted there was a chance to submit comments. There weren't many, maybe 15-20 (?) when I voted, but if I had to quess, the selection will be something like

Showbiz

Muscle Museum

Micro Cuts

Space Dementia/Hyper Music

Bliss/New born(?)

EDIT:Also maybe SfA

I saw some mentions for CoD and Invincible, but based on that sampling they will probably not be picked.

Obviously, you never know if those who wanted to secure some more common favourites just didn't comment and we end up with Hysteria or whatever.

I'm really hoping the live vote will be decent, at least CE or something thrown in there.

Wouldn't mind hearing Thought Contagion live either.

If someone from here is going, what time are you planning on going to get the wrist band?

After I voted there was a chance to submit comments. There weren't many, maybe 15-20 (?) when I voted, but if I had to quess, the selection will be something like

Showbiz

Muscle Museum

Micro Cuts

Space Dementia/Hyper Music

Bliss/New born(?)

EDIT:Also maybe SfA

I saw some mentions for CoD and Invincible, but based on that sampling they will probably not be picked.

Obviously, you never know if those who wanted to secure some more common favourites just didn't comment and we end up with Hysteria or whatever.

I'm really hoping the live vote will be decent, at least CE or something thrown in there.

Wouldn't mind hearing Thought Contagion live either.

If someone from here is going, what time are you planning on going to get the wrist band?

On the Guardian Q&A thing, Matt said they were going to play Thought Contagion for sure.

And no idea about the wrist band! But in case you're wondering, you can pick it up from 1pm.

On the Guardian Q&A thing, Matt said they were going to play Thought Contagion for sure.

And no idea about the wrist band! But in case you're wondering, you can pick it up from 1pm.

Thanks for the Guardian info, good to know!

I noticed the 1 pm thing but if I get it too early (and it's some flimsy paper thing) I'll just be stressing about it the whole day... Will have to figure it out. :)

I noticed the 1 pm thing but if I get it too early (and it's some flimsy paper thing) I'll just be stressing about it the whole day... Will have to figure it out. :)

Ah yes, fair enough. I guess if you're not queueing you could get it at the time you're planning on entering the venue?

Don’t worry! You can queue and leave it later, just 10 min to go to take your wristband. People around will not steal your place in the queue if you explain them that you have to get your wristband.

There will be more people at 5 than at 1pm that’s why they say it’s better to take it soon.

^Thanks for the tips. I'm getting old and jaded because it didn't even occur to me that people might be queuing. :D I'm planning on seeing Paris during the day/afternoon. I was more worried about there being a rush if I show up late and the wrist band thing holds things up. Good to know that these are seperate lines, or so I gather!

While I definitely understand why people is a bit dissapointed with the limited songs on offer for voting (I miss alot of favourites myself), obviously there has to be some kind of restriction.

We got to bear in mind they have to rehearse these songs and make sure they sound as good as possible, many of which they haven't been playing for a long time. And since they don't know exactly what the final setlist will be like - that would be much more than for a normal gig.

If there's gonna be live voting as well, they'll have to have songs perfectly rehearsed and prepared that they might end up not even play...

In that sense these kind of gigs are quite ambitious. :)

However, maybe they should've put up the voting in a earlier stage to make more time for rehearsals?

While I definitely understand why people is a bit dissapointed with the limited songs on offer for voting (I miss alot of favourites myself), obviously there has to be some kind of restriction.

We got to bear in mind they have to rehearse these songs and make sure they sound as good as possible, many of which they haven't been playing for a long time. And since they don't know exactly what the final setlist will be like - that would be much more than for a normal gig.

If there's gonna be live voting as well, they'll have to have songs perfectly rehearsed and prepared that they might end up not even play...

In that sense these kind of gigs are quite ambitious. :)

However, maybe they should've put up the voting in a earlier stage to make more time for rehearsals?

Like it's been said though, the selection doesn't seem to be based on any logic like that. There are songs missing that they play at every gig and know by heart, as well as really easy songs, meanwhile some of the more demanding stuff and songs they haven't played in decades are there.

I'm thinking Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Assassin, CE and Dead Star...maybe Space Dementia as well. CoD would be awesome but I just don't see it happening, I'd love to be wrong though.

Expecting more 'hits' tonight given people could only vote for 5 songs but the band could always surprise us. Should be an interesting watch.

Managed to get on a waiting list for tickets, need to come back at 8pm to see how many open spaces they have. I’m not sure how this will work exactly, they must have had a limited extra allocation, or do people need to claim their wristbands before 8?