2018.02.24 - La Cigale, Paris

Jobby

Don't be jelly :p

Not, honest :chuckle:

Well, I mean obvs I am to an extent, looked like a great gig and still would’ve loved to go. But I don’t feel like I’ve missed much, other than EM and their best gig ending in years. SBE was just better as a whole package imo, easily had more elements to it. No need to turn these gigs into a competition anyway tho,might get a bit toxic that way, just enjoy that they’re happening.

Edited by Jobby

"Showbiz",364,

"Muscle Museum"

"Space Dementia",252

"New Born",197

"Bliss",191

"Eternally Missed",191

"Assassin",163,

"Dead Star",163

"Plug In Baby",161

"Sing For Absolution",152

Played 8 of the top 10, plus the online vote ones”

So they played PiB but Dead star got more votes...

Worth it for the meme tho

In all hoensty I can’t trust you lot if you’re voting PIB in over COD or even some of the other shit. Couldn’t put my faith in y’all if htaily ever became an option.

"Showbiz",364,

"Muscle Museum"

"Space Dementia",252

"New Born",197

"Bliss",191

"Eternally Missed",191

"Assassin",163,

"Dead Star",163

"Plug In Baby",161

"Sing For Absolution",152

Played 8 of the top 10, plus the online vote ones”

Oh for fuck's sake, what's with the fucking Plug in Baby brigade? At least they got what they deserved...

(actually they kinda didn't given that they got all those great songs as well, what am I saying. But that PiB version has to be the worst they've done since iTunes 2012)

That was so much fun to watch. It was a great set and I thought that Thought Contagion sounded pretty good. However...

That comment after Space Dementia pissed me off, though. I've listened to Origin of Symmetry more than any other album combined. Maybe you should actually play some of these songs when you come to the US instead of phoning these sets in and shitting on us when you do play these songs.

Nah that was better than SBE for several reasons.

Chris singing the chorus of EM while Matt ad libs like it’s a pop song.

Probably the best live SD, even if Matt fucked up the intro. Far less cheddar than the 2011 version.

Dom glaring at Matt when he saw Fury in the envelope.

Fury in the envelope.

The last 15 minutes in general.

That was so much fun to watch. It was a great set and I thought that Thought Contagion sounded pretty good. However...

That comment after Space Dementia pissed me off, though. I've listened to Origin of Symmetry more than any other album combined. Maybe you should actually play some of these songs when you come to the US instead of phoning these sets in and shitting on us when you do play these songs.

At this point it's like; we get it. But for him to joke about it so much becomes annoying now. and then he responded to someone on twitter right after the show trying to save face. Stating that he loves America because Bing lives there... However their setlists say otherwise.

At this point it's like; we get it. But for him to joke about it so much becomes annoying now. and then he responded to someone on twitter right after the show trying to save face. Stating that he loves America because Bing lives there... However their setlists say otherwise.

Right?! If that’s the case, then teach us the way by playing more obscure songs here! :supersad:

No matter what type of venue or where in the world they're playing, there's always room for one or two rarity/old songs at the very least. They need to understand that there will always be a number of hardcore fans at every single show they play.

They do understand that though, they just don’t like playing in front of a mostly dead crowd. But that’s their own fault anyway.

Great night, finally got "Hear Muse play Muscle Museum live" off my bucket list. :') I got kind of nervous for a second when Bliss playd as in my head count I knew 5 songs had to be up already. Also thank you to the online voters, all three were the ones I would have chosen. :yesey:

The selections were all fine by me, and I really appreciate that they played more than the top 5 of the vote. But PiB as a top 10 choice? How are these people the ones who are there for the ticket carnage and then vote like this...?

That being said, I didn't mind it being played, I rather enjoyed the hammy voice-breaks for Matt (Uprising, Psycho) and crowd-pleasers (SMBH, PiB), nice to mix it up.

Also lol for Matt "apologizing" for playing a newer song.

Funny thing about Yes Please and Agitated, I was in Helsinki in..2013(?) when they played them, so I've probably heard those live more than many other more "mainstream" Muse songs.

Great night, finally got "Hear Muse play Muscle Museum live" off my bucket list. :') I got kind of nervous for a second when Bliss playd as in my head count I knew 5 songs had to be up already. Also thank you to the online voters, all three were the ones I would have chosen. :yesey:

The selections were all fine by me, and I really appreciate that they played more than the top 5 of the vote. But PiB as a top 10 choice? How are these people the ones who are there for the ticket carnage and then vote like this...?

That being said, I didn't mind it being played, I rather enjoyed the hammy voice-breaks for Matt (Uprising, Psycho) and crowd-pleasers (SMBH, PiB), nice to mix it up.

Also lol for Matt "apologizing" for playing a newer song.

Funny thing about Yes Please and Agitated, I was in Helsinki in..2013(?) when they played them, so I've probably heard those live more than many other more "mainstream" Muse songs.

PiB wasn't part of it because it was top 5

EDIT: I just looked at the previous page

They do understand that though, they just don’t like playing in front of a mostly dead crowd. But that’s their own fault anyway.

Yeah, it's an awkward position they've put themselves in. I guess they only way to tackle this is to keep on playing the more obscure songs so that casuals become more 'used' to them. I don't see it being all that different than when they play new album songs for the first few months; for every big type of reaction (say, Psycho) there are the ones that get average responses, Animals and Panic Station spring to mind.

I'll listen tomorrow as my ears are still fuzzy from a gig tonight. But just looking at the set, I honestly thought before the SBE gig that it would be more like this than the unexpected rarity bonanza it transpired to be.

Eternally Missed being in a Muse gig for the first time since the Origin tour (I think) and first gig with something other than Knights closing for the first time in far too long have to be bonuses.