Jobby

2018.02.24 - La Cigale, Paris

Nah he’s just a bellend sometimes

they just still mention it every now and then, so I thought maybe

MINIMUM not being played as the jam during gigs like this is a huge missed opportunity.

fixed bb

But then the 2011 gigs did the same thing but with less of a strained sound from Matt and less omitted or shortened words.

He sang waaaay way deeper way more hero vocal in 2011. Go back and listen to it. This is a nice middle ground between earlier whinier years and full blown hero vocal.

At least they came to America for an actual tour!

And it was actually pretty good.

He has slagged off fans from other places as well tbf

I mean, he does hate american ones in particular but he is just a general willy on occasion

For almost a decade the sets have been shorter, songs have been explicitly cut. He's at his special request show that has almost no chance of crossing the Atlantic basically rubbing it in none of those fans would even know the songs.

Insults are fine, whatever, but when he actually believes and acts on that and charges the same money it kinda stings hearing it all the time.

they just still mention it every now and then, so I thought maybe

never forget the wembley night 2 carnage

I'm sure I heard that riff in Manchester or maybe it was the London 'by request' gig - anyone know what its called?

Edit: Just checked my gig list and it could have been Reading....

never forget the wembley night 2 carnage

Talking about overreaction I'm pretty sure there were at least ten people on the forums that immediately renounced their fan status after that comment and the previous night's set (which wasn't even bad).

And it was actually pretty good.

For almost a decade the sets have been shorter, songs have been explicitly cut. He's at his special request show that has almost no chance of crossing the Atlantic basically rubbing it in none of those fans would even know the songs.

Insults are fine, whatever, but when he actually believes and acts on that and charges the same money it kinda stings hearing it all the time.

This is actually kinda funny. Even in France he upsets the American fans.

Yaaaah Showbiz

He sang waaaay way deeper way more hero vocal in 2011. Go back and listen to it. This is a nice middle ground between earlier whinier years and full blown hero vocal.
Maybe I’m being petty now but he didn’t sing it deeper than the studio version, just applied a darker tone. But then I’d still prefer 2008 tbh. But I do wish that he didn’t sing it like that back in 2011 either.

Also fuck yeah another Showbiz proshot!

It's more like salt in the wound at this point.

That's about it really. Not playing the rarer songs in the US is one thing but taking the piss when the songs do show up is an eye-roller.