Katana 50

eh-D

So I've been waiting for somebody on here to post about the Katana amps. I picked up one on demo at sweetwater for less than $200 shipped. I've had it for a few months now and it lives up to the hype. Anybody else here given them a shot?

So I've been waiting for somebody on here to post about the Katana amps. I picked up one on demo at sweetwater for less than $200 shipped. I've had it for a few months now and it lives up to the hype. Anybody else here given them a shot?

I've got the 100 1x12 and my god is it loud. It's a fantastic amp, good choice. The software takes a while to get your head around, but once you have you can tweak it to get any tone you want out of it, can't recommend it enough. Not sure what the 50's like for bass response though, probs less than the 50 cause the cabinets smaller, but yeah, it's a great all round amp. :D

It won't thump like a big amp into a closed back cab but it's got plenty of low/mid which is where I like to set my tone. I would have gotten the 100w for sure if I was planning on playing without PA support.

Glad somebody else is on the train!

Yeah the combo. Really good amp for the $, but it has a bit of a weird high end that can't be adjusted. Might just be the cheap speaker though.

Yeah the combo. Really good amp for the $, but it has a bit of a weird high end that can't be adjusted. Might just be the cheap speaker though.

Did you do the update? The new global EQ has a high pass filter that really takes it to the next level IMO. I never run the presence more than 50, it's like a phase thing that I don't like at all.

Did you do the update? The new global EQ has a high pass filter that really takes it to the next level IMO. I never run the presence more than 50, it's like a phase thing that I don't like at all.

Nah haven't updated anything. It's not something that you can adjust with the controls anyway - it's just like this subtle white noise that's over the higher gain sounds if that makes sense

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone made any Muse patches yet? Looking for some ideas to get some Muse-y sounds out of the Katana. Fuzz is limited to 3 types and have only managed to get slightly Muse-y by turning the Guv Dist to 70% and making the EQ Bass and Mid- heavy. Any ideas?

I hate to say it but I mostly use the Katana as a pedal platform. I've not spent a ton of time tweaking other than setting the global high cut at 8.6k, the low mids +4 (500hz) and high mid-2(6.3k).

That's a pretty "brit" character to me for both the cruch + built in muff sound and the lead channel plus the built in blues driver.

• 1 month later...
I hate to say it but I mostly use the Katana as a pedal platform. I've not spent a ton of time tweaking other than setting the global high cut at 8.6k, the low mids +4 (500hz) and high mid-2(6.3k).

That's a pretty "brit" character to me for both the cruch + built in muff sound and the lead channel plus the built in blues driver.

How good is it with pedals? I haven't dared try that with mine yet.

• 2 months later...

I fuckin love that.

Also

After a few months of solid graft and earrape, you'll be pleased to know i've got the 2nd Law SMBH/Madness/Uprising Outro/Unsustainable mental glitchy fuzz sound on me katana almost identical and it sounds massive on 50 watt setting. Roll off the bass and add some more gain and you get the current SMBH sound. Add reverb and you get close encounters. Will be uploading it soon onto tone studio.

• 3 months later...